[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 54

File: Laliquephoto2.jpg (37KB, 472x325px) Image search: [Google]
Laliquephoto2.jpg
37KB, 472x325px
LAST THREAD >>12342369
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
>>12357536
>low quality image
I worked so hard for you, OP.
>>
>>12357548
I'm sorrey
>>
Bleu de Chanel EDT vs EDP
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (64KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
64KB, 700x420px
30+ years and nothing has topped GIT yet
>>
File: o.23144.jpg (51KB, 680x874px) Image search: [Google]
o.23144.jpg
51KB, 680x874px
>>12357696
*blocks your path*
>>
File: w1010.jpg (129KB, 1010x981px) Image search: [Google]
w1010.jpg
129KB, 1010x981px
>>12357696
>>12357715
*shits in your paths*
>>
Only own bvlari black, love it. Any recommendations for my next purchase ? Looking for something strange but enjoyable.
>>
Looking for a sort of versatile 'signature' scent (won't be the only frag I wear but will be wearing it often)
I looove GIT but it does feel a tad mature for a 21 year old student. Is it?
>>
>>12358113
If you love it then you can probably pull it off
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>>12357696
>>
guys
>>
File: fix.jpg (41KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
fix.jpg
41KB, 500x684px
Alright guys dilemma time

I'll buy All masculine Amouage and Montale fragrances + a couple others

On theperfumedcourt you can find the following:
Bleu de Chanel EDP
Coromandel EDP
Patchouli Imperial
Grey Vetiver
Homme Intense

On Luckyscent you cannot have the above, but you have all the Opus collection from Amouage, which TPC doesnt have. Not to mention that all Amouage and Montale products are currently 25% off right now.

So I can only make one order, where from?
>>
File: CMD7EtgW8AA3rBP.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CMD7EtgW8AA3rBP.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>12357696
>>12357715
>>12357724

*Blows up the universe and transports the path to another dimension*
>>
>>12357536
Favorite unisex or masculine florals, /frag/?
>>
>>12358500
Go with the Amouage + Montale. That stuff is pricey, the other stuff you can get any time.
>>
Anyone try Luna Rossa Carbon yet? I've read it smells kinda like Sauvage. I own Extreme and I also thought the original Luna Rossa smelled pleasant.
>>
>>12358010
kokorico maybe?
>>
I'm looking for a frugal, daytime summer scent. While I'm considering something clean and citrus, I can't get my mind off of Givenchy's 'Pi'.

Anyone have luck wearing a scent against the grain of the season, so to speak?
>>
>>12358816

I'm not a fan of Givenchy pi (smells like baby wipes to me) But go ahead. just be light on the sprays. It might not last all that long in the summer heat though
>>
>>12358010
Check out A*Men. It has a tar note on the front end that I found offputting at first, but now consider it a masterpiece.

Encre Noir has an ink note and is well worth checking out.

Fahrenheit has a gasoline note, more prominent in older formulations.

Jour de Fête smells like really nice Pla-Doh to me.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him has a "concrete sidewalk after the rain" note.
>>
>>12358523
Encre Noire Sport is a "woody aquatic" however I personally don't get any aquatic notes at all, but it does smell very floral. Starts off with a very green citrusy vibe that dries down to a green lavender. Reminds me sort of Grey Vetiver, except its darker and dirtier, more natural and masculine smelling. Amazing for spring and summer. If you've ever smelled the original Encre Noire it's like that but these citrus, green, and floral notes added.
>>
>>12358816
My favorite summertime cheapies:

360º Red fM
4711*
Agua Lavanda*
Salvatore Ferragamo pH
Set Sail St. Barts fM

* very poor longevity for those, but they are cheap enough that you can reapply all day and not break the bank
>>
What is the 'grandpa'y' oldish smell in scents?
I want to avoid it
>>
>>12358523
Florals are a group that are underrepresented in my wardrobe, but I love:

Dior Homme and its flankers
GIT
>>
>>12359234
For me, it is the mustier variety of lavender present in Caron's The Third Man and Pour un Homme. It is present in others, but I can't think of them now. Odd, because I love the fresher variety of lavender present in Rive Gauche pH or Agua Lavanda.

People's noses and their associations are unique, so be prepared for different answers.
>>
Would testing Hot Water or Aramis Black in the spring be bad projection wise? Should I wait till say mid September for it?
>>
>>12359234
The combination of "musk" and tonka bean.
>>
>>12359268
>testing
To me, testing means at home, so who cares? In case you are talking about wearing them in public, I'm not familiar with either of those, but as long as you go easy on the trigger, you should be fine, but see below for fine print.

>>12358816
>>Anyone have luck wearing a scent against the grain of the season, so to speak?
And the above ties in with this question I forgot to address. Some of my favorite summer scents are Kouros, Guerlain Vetiver, Havana and TdH. Kouros especially flourishes in the heat, as it was originally marketed as a summer frag. That said, none of them are especially "thick," rich or cloying, which is a killer in the heat. I would avoid many Orientals for just that reason. Hell, the original Opium is dangerous with more than a couple sprays in winter!

On a side note, we can still use "Oriental" to describe *things* from the Far East (Orient=East) but it is un-PC to describe people from there as such. Strange...
>>
>>12358589
Alright I'll order from LS I guess
>>
Hello I'm a car mechanic, I want people to know I'm a car mechanic, what's a good fragrance for me
>>
>>12359234
Iris, some lavender, some musk, tonka bean.
>>
>>12359770
Maybe Dior Fahrenheit or Donna Karen Fuel. Bvlgari Black. Some people say those smell a bit like gas or rubber
>>
>>12359770
Dior fahrenheit 100%
>>
File: 190016-Zoom[1].jpg (266KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
190016-Zoom[1].jpg
266KB, 1000x1000px
Just copped. Seems more like a Fall/Winter fragrance. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>12358518
we get it you own one, we got the hint from the last three threads
>>
File: 51TOOnaudrL._SY355_.jpg (31KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51TOOnaudrL._SY355_.jpg
31KB, 355x355px
Normie here

I wear this shit and it gets me mad laid but you know I work im 32 and manage a sales team and shit these days so I need something a bit classier. So I'm looking for like fruity andro but with a distinct masc pine or timber note as well. Like alpha just not like fuck your wife alpha more like I'll fire you on the spot and not give you a reference because I don't like you alpha.

What do ya got for me
>>
>>12360211
bleu de chanel?
>>
>>12360211
also you dont need to specify that you're "normie" .. this is /fa/ not /r9k/
>>
>>12360211
Unironically Aventus
>>
What is a very comforting fragrance?
>>
>>12360390
Bois d'Argent
>>
>>12360211
eau de kys
>>
did you see those vids by amouage? neat
http://www.amouage.com/films
>>
>>12360390
lumiere noire comforts me, as do a few white florals.

>>12360418
might be my skin, or my taste, but i found this absolutely repugnant.
>>
Is fragrance a good birthday gift for a dude?

I got invited to a bar by a guy I had on my team last semester to celebrate his birthday/ he's getting deployed. I don't know much about him and I don't want to show up empty handed. I'm also a dude if that matters.
>>
>>12360485
don't buy a fragrance for anyone you're not in a relationship with or related to. hard rule regardless of sex.
>>
>>12360485
Get him D&G The One. Nobody dislikes that.
>>
>>12360390
How about four:

Eau Aimable
Coromandel
GpH II
New Haarlem
>>
File: replicabythefirepalce.jpg (56KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
replicabythefirepalce.jpg
56KB, 300x400px
My signature scent
>>
File: vihaan.jpg (49KB, 422x301px) Image search: [Google]
vihaan.jpg
49KB, 422x301px
>>12360697
>Chamonix
tfw no chalet in chamonix

why even live?
>>
>>12360211
Mr. Burberry

Bleu de Chanel (Toilette or Parfum are good).
>>
>>12360897
does jeremy post here
>>
>>12360697
gross, turns sickeningly sweet
>>
>>12360495
I've bought frags for family before, I don't think there is anything particularly intimate about perfume as a gift

that said, I'd probably never buy one for a guy friend
>>
>>12361104
nvm, skimmed over the "related to" part. still, not a major faux pas imo
>>
>>12360931
prob too busy pounding german models to have time for us plebs
>>
File: frags.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frags.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
Reminder to add this and similar recommendation pics to new threads
>>
>>12361171
I mean, in theory, but I'm in Amsterdam right now and I'm busy pounding Eastern European hookers all day, but I still have time to chill with my fragbros.
>>
>>12360498
I actually got this for my father for christmas and he literally hasn't worn it once
>>
>>12361253
Does he wear frags otherwise?
>>
>>12361250
what do they smell like? honestly curious if there are regional hooker fragrances. would make an interesting read if someone did a global survey.
>>
Looking for something similar to Bleu de Chanel, but woodier and less aquatic.

I like bottega veneta pour homme( perfect for me, but mostly works for fall/winter), Dior homme (a little too feminine to wear often), guerlain homme intense (the lime type note makes it slightly off putting), 2 man (when first sprayed. Turns into a piss/hamster cage smell after 5 minutes)

I've tried 100 plus fragrances and most have a hard time beating bleu since it's so agreeable. Any suggestions senpai?
>>
>>12361400
You know, I really should document what the girls are wearing. Might be interesting. Only one I remember right now was a Bulgarian chick I saw yesterday was wearing Narcisso Rodriguez for Her.
>>
>>12361431
ftw my sister wears cheap fucking perfumed water that costs like 20 bucks a bottle and it's a big bottle and it smells like fucking petrol candies and its gay
xd
>>
>>12361258
Yeah like Versace pour homme, Versace eros, farenheit. Gifts he gets mainly, although this was my first time buying him one
>>
>>12361415
have you tried GIT
>>
>>12361444
It's great, but a little too smooth for my own taste.
>>
>>12361448
lalique white or hommage? Havent tested but they are cheap and reviews have made me want them.
>>
Have you ever had a fragrance that no matter how many times you smell it, you can't decide if you like it or hate it?

For me I still can't tell if I like or hate the new Gucci Guilty
>>
>>12361171
Jeremy seems like a chad but one that's a nice and likeable guy
>>
>>12361789
Breath of god by lush
>>
>>12358518
If you own this bottle:
Why is it so good? Describe the experience of wearing it and smelling it.

I get the feeling that people really over-egg the praise on Roja because they've spent so much on it and need to justify it to themselves.
Having said that, love the dude. Seems really cool and what I have smelled of his was good.
>>
What's the best Aqua di Parma regional scent? (The blue bottles named " 'plant' di 'italian region' ")
>>
>>12361789
Fan di Fendi Pour Homme
>>
File: senatus_4fFJUL.jpg (99KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
senatus_4fFJUL.jpg
99KB, 764x1080px
I recently got 20+ samples and I hated most of them but from the ones that I did like which do you think is the best?:
Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense
D&G The One
Kenzo Jungle
Versace pour Homme
Dior Fahrenheit (I love the gasoline/pepper/citrus opening but the drydown smells really cheap and generic)

I know these are all quite different but i'm not looking for a specific kind of fragrance or a specific time of year.
>>
what's the next step up from the La Nuit?

I feel like a fucking normie wearing this shit, despite how much grills like it.
>>
>>12362219
ch men prive isn't really a popular fragrance. in the same genre as la nuit but doesn't really smell like it
>>
>>12362226
thanks senpai
>>
>>12362023

You cant go wrong with dior homme edt, you can wear it year round depending on where you live as it has just the right mix for all occasions.

DHI skews towards feminine because of the heavy iris note, but on a confident guy its irresistible. Lasts longer than the edt by miles

D&G the one is a beautiful frag, problem is its water. Even overspraying, this won't last more than a few hours. I've heard the edp has more longevity but haven't been able to try it as of yet.

VPH is a great choice for spring and summer for almost every occassion. Clean and fresh, this will outshine any other citrus every day of the week.

Fahrenheit has had its day. Like most powerhouses of the 80s/early 90s, its unfortunately outdated. The unique gasoline note it used to have has been toned down, meaning it's lost its essence. It's still interesting, but not worth copping a full bottle in my opinion.

Other recommendations:
Check out anything by Lalique, but especially white, encre noire, pour homme and homage. I cannot praise them enough. Niche quality for below designer prices. Usually long lasting and always beautiful.
Otherwise, try a few from the CdG range such as wonderwood, amazinggreen, 2, 2man, kyoto, avignon, etc. If you're especially bold, check out the odeur range
If all else fails, check out mass crowd pleasers like sauvage, BDC edt and edp, aventus or one of its many clones, etc.
Hope this helps
>>
File: cdnim.jpg (11KB, 355x303px) Image search: [Google]
cdnim.jpg
11KB, 355x303px
What do you guys think about CDNIM?
>>
>>12361928
I've only tried two or three but I liked fico di amalfi. It's sweet, bright fig scent.
>>
>>12360190
Thank you for saying what we were all thinking.
>>
>>12362398
i think you should stop shilling this
>>
>>12362448
I'm not shilling it. I've got it and can't decide if it's good or not.
>>
lets skip the bullshit

which fragrance makes girls say you smell good and keeps sniffing your neck to get more smell off you
>>
>>12362477
so you're asking people to make up your taste in frags?

>>12362501
>"lets skip the bullshit"
>posts another bullshit le panty dropper post
>>
>>12362504
wow this guy hates life
>>
>>12362504
i hate incompetence
>>
>>12362522
it's funny because I bet you're incompetent at a whole lotta things you think you're not
>>
>>12362532
not in fragrances though :)
>>
>>12362398

Smells like Aventus after a while. That said, I dislike this and I dislike Aventus.
>>
>>12362537
there's nothing to be competent at when it comes to fragrances. There is no 'skill' involved, no technical mastery, no physical exertion, nothing. Are you saying you're good at identifying notes? That's about the only thing that requires any degree of 'competence' in fragrances. I bet you're an absolute loser who has no other hobbies and is good at literally nothing so pretends like his consumer hobby of smelling things is cool and masterful.
>>
>>12358518
Looks like a bottle of expensive whisky.
>>
>>12362545
not all tastes in frags are equal though. why do we shit so much on axe when it's really popular? you know.
>>
>>12362307
Thanks, I'm guessing using the sample vial and actually spraying with atomizer would get different results but the The One EDP sample is actually performing better than most others so I so surprised to see poor performance in almost eery review.

I tried Lalique Encre noir, sport version and white and they all smell really good but not I wanna keep smelling my wrist good.

I guess it's between Dior Homme and The One.
>>
>>12362545
look how mad this cuck who thinks a fragrance will get him laid is lmao
>>
How many sprays of Spicebomb you guys use? Can't decide between 2 and 3
>>
i sure love smelling like shitty soap thanks lumiere noire

reminds me strongly of dali pour femme
>>
>>12363348
I usually go 3 or more. If you're gonna wear a loud fragrance, might as well turn that shit up to 11.
>>
>>12358523
Declaration d'Un Soir, if that's considered floral.
>>
Trying to decide on a spring/summer citrus fragrance which doesn't project a whole lot but has a good longevity. Currently looking at VpH and HM by Hanae Mori. Any other suggestions?
>>
File: irritant.jpg (17KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
irritant.jpg
17KB, 265x300px
>obtain niche fragrance
>not carried by sephora or pleb stores, have to order it from an obscure european country via bitcoin
>it arrives, hand signed by the maker
>pop off cap
>spray once on chest and once on back of neck
>smells like truck tires, beef jerky, BBQ sauce, aluminum, roadkill, and bourbon
>back of my neck feels hot
>go in bathroom and look in mirror
>the skin where I sprayed it is literally turning red like I got stung by a jellyfish
>have to wait for 45 minutes before going outside so that the "burn off" phase can complete and I can force others to enjoy the "dry down"

This is so much better than being one of those creed plebs, fucking faggot casuals think that allergens and smelling good actually count for something

Why do ignorant losers keep falling for popular stuff?
>>
>>12363725
>wearing fragrances that can be bought with buttcoins

My signature fragrance comes in a bottle sculpted from the skull of a Cambodian child, and can only be obtained by bringing 3 bottles of yak's milk and a pound of Limburger cheese to an old gypsy women who lives in the wilds of Romania, a 3 day hike through treacherous terrain from the nearest city.

It smells 95% similar to Aventus.
>>
>>12363788
Yeah but does it cause instant nausea for anyone within a 3 foot radius, and cause melanoma after only brief exposure?
>>
>>12363826
Friend, it causes permanent nausea for anyone in a 30 yard radius, and once you've smelled it, a little dead girl will begin appearing to you in your dreams.
>>
>>12362398
Like it alot
>>
I always wonder whether I'm spraying too much or little with. Can anyone give me a lead?

D&G light blue: 3
YSL nuit de l'homme: 1, perhaps 2
Chanel Bleu: 2
Polo Red: 2 or 3
>>
File: 61tWeWZOHmL._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61tWeWZOHmL._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 355x355px
I just impulse bought this yesterday and I really like it. I had way too many fresh fragrances (Versace Pour Homme, Chrome, Chrome Legend, Acqua di Gio, Chanel AHS) and too many sweet douchy fragrances (Diesel Fuel For Life, FFL Denim, Invictus) and not a single one which blends the two worlds while simultaneously being classier than both. I sprayed it on me at the store and asked for a few girls opinions between this and either the Cologne or Sport version (cant remember which) and this won each time, a few even had their nose in my wrist for over 15 seconds, and one of them moaned "ohhhh this one makes me feel so good" so I think I did well here /frag/

Do you think I'd enjoy the original Dior Homme or DHI based on this? I wanted to try it originally but they didn't have it at the store.
>>
>>12362398
OK I decided to wear this in public to help me decide if I like it or not. I decided don't like it but good fucking god do women adore it. I saw an old female friend and she said 'oh my God you smell amazing what is that?!' And dug her nose into my neck
>>
>>12360390
YSL L'Homme.
Also, Burberry London.
>>
>>12364175
I like this one I wish there was just a touch more iris. I've thought about layering it with some DH just to bring it out more. Good frag though.
>>
>>12364175
Oh and to answer your question, probably. DH is more similar so try that one first.
>>
Whats the best cheap girl fragrence? Something that is a little flowery or sweet but mostly subtle and relaxing. Just a cute fragrence. Thanks
>>
How do I come to find my signature scent? Go with something I like for most situations? Sample loads and pick what I like best?
>>
All I wear guerlain vetiver, is this acceptable? I want to have a singular scent, like a brand, over a long period of time. hopefully that makes sense.
>>
>>12364985
>GV
Absolutely fine selection there.
>>
i'm gonna wear my cheap imitation fragrance oil creed aventus until i die

$20 for 4oz, been using it for 1yr+ and i've only used like 5% of it
>>
>>12364902
D&G L'emperatrice. Sweet flowery with melon. And cheap.
>>
I'm going to try Chanel. What is a better versatile fragrance, egoiste or homme sport?
>>
>>12365488
bleu de
>>
>>12365488
Homme Sport Eau Extrême
>>
>>12364902
Tocca might be a house that you like. The fragrances are feminine but well thought out and fairly accessible (if you live near a Sephora or Anthropologie) without being "typical". Try Isabel for a rose scent or Florence for white floral.
>>
>>12365504
>bleu de
>blue by
>>
>>12365170
Bet nobody can smell you though, not even yourself.
Enjoy smelling like pure alcohol though
>>
>>12365605
1. i can smell it, why else would i wear it then? it's literally stronger in terms of duration with slightly less sillage which is preferred
the top notes are IDENTICAL to real aventus with slightly worse base notes, but i'll take it
2. i don't care if anyone else can smell it, because i do it for myself, i don't fucking shower daily because i'm going to be out in public
3. fragrance oil has NO alcohol you fucking autist
>>
>>12363500
>citrus
>good longevity
Sorry bub. Those don't go hand in hand. That said, check out TdH Eau Très Fraîche and the Acqua di Parma line. If you want to mute projection, just don't spray on exposed skin, as in not covered by clothing.
>>
>>12364017
Those counts seem pretty tame. I'd bump them all up by one or two, but I haven't tried Polo Red. Always better to err on the side of caution if going out in public. Best bet is to ask someone else, though.
>>
>>12365619
link
>>
>>12364175
I'm a big fan of the DH line and the first DHC is my favorite, with the original DH right behind it. If you like the richness of DHEfM, then you'll love DHI.
>>
>>12365808
it's just the imitation creed aventus frag oil on amazon

they sell it in their biggest size @ 4oz for only $20

i also have their bleu de chanel, which isn't as accurate IMO (the incense note, but the citrus is good)

i just dab 3 on my neck

i don't put any on my chest or wrists because oils can stain clothes
>>
>>12364956
Pretty much. I started out that way and now I have a shit ton of frags in the rotation. Careful.
>>
>>12364985
All that matters is that you love it. It's a fine choice, as it is a true all-purpose frag, although might be a little too light for winter, unless you have a very tobacco dominant formulation. It's a summer favorite for me.
>>
>>12365170
>oil
>>12365605
>alcohol
>>
>>12365488
Egoiste is a masterpiece, but might be too much for hot summers. Definitely go easy on the trigger then.
>>
>>12364956
yeah buy a shit ton of samples
>>
>>12365820
Yup. Started out just wanting to have something I could use to smell nice on dates. Now I'm thousands of dollars in and have an entire shelf in my hall closet just for my frags. Shit's addictive, man.
>>
File: 2e31ypv.jpg (17KB, 319x300px) Image search: [Google]
2e31ypv.jpg
17KB, 319x300px
>>12364956
Samples.

Don't waste money on bottles you're not gonna use or shit you don't like.
>>
File: IMG_1409.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1409.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Copped today.

Also got to sample a few of the Roja Dove frags. Gonna need to get me a bottle of Enigma, I think. Scandal was nice too, basically a super-fougere, don't think I'd buy a full bottle though. Also got to try his signature parfum, the £2500 a bottle one, actually didn't like it that much compared to the other two. Definitely smelled quality, but just not really for me. Probably for the best, given the cost.
>>
>>12364175

I tried this on in sephora and asked to take a sample home with me because i liked it so much. The drydown is nothing like DH/DHI in my opinion. The opening is very similar. I am not a big fan of DH/DHI
>>
>>12362501
>Sauvage
>>
>>12366388
what does your full collection look like?
>>
>>12366798
Don't got it right now because I'm on vacation. Currently only have my Creed MI and what I bought while I was here.
>>
>>12365803
Thanks! Will give that a try and see how it goes
>>
>>12361894
>>12366388
Good choices, did you get a chance to smell the vetiver parfum? Also for the signature, was the spray tester you sampled a faint yellow or an amber orange? When I was choosing between that or the concentrated musk aoud, the tester for the HL was more of a light yellow and had a pretty strong blast of violet (to me it smelled a lot like parma violet sweets) which I'm guessing is the alpha iso methyl ionone that is used to boost the florals. The actual bottle that I bought on the 6th floor of the department store had a darker juice, the violet/orris was much more toned down and the florals were less subdued. All in all its a love or hate floriental with a strong chypre element of the oakmoss thrown in there. The dry down for me is definitely the most addictive part, since I am usually very skeptical of brands that claim to use real ambergris and stuff like that, I compared the dry down to different synthetics such as ambroxan/cetalox/ambermax but it didn't hit the right facets for me, the "ambergris" note to me you can tell apart from the labdanum/vanilla/benzoin accord that is mostly responsible for the widely used amber note after about 12 hours when you really have to bury your nose against the skin. I am thinking of ordering three different grades of ambergris tinctures to see roughly what quality of ambergris he supposedly uses.

But to me its kind of sad that they might be using something thats not the actual perfume as a spray tester, or if they water it down and ramp up the ionone so they can use less of the rose, jasmine or orris. As for the floral notes, they project very strongly off of my skin, sometimes the jasmine is burying the rose, sometimes its the other way around. After about the 4th-6th hour, it goes from pleasant to very addictive with the dry down. The top note of bergamot and the molecularly fiddled oakmoss can be pleasant some days, other days they can come across as very bitter.
>>
>>12361894
>>12366388

Also, I contacted the guy who bought the very first bottle of the stuff when it was released in 2013, he showed me a picture and his juice was the same colour as mine, so if anyone has bought the lighter yellow you might have been sold the tester instead. I bought mine mid 2016 so it would be from the 2015 batch, so as far as I know the formula has not been changed that much (except maybe the IFRA kerfuffle during 2014)

Anyways I feel like I have ranted about one perfume too much, sorry if it irritated anyone, but my only real tip is to get a sample of the real stuff and see if you like it, it might be a case of marmite to some degree and not like the orgy scene from the movie on the perfume murderer, but to me its the first floriental that I actually took a liking to for the most part, but over time unfortunately I think I like it too much, so I have to argue with my wallet if I even want to buy another bottle.

If anyone has any questions feel free, I will be honest about my answers. And I'm looking for a nice casual designer scent that can act like a pre IFRA mangle fougere or chypre.
>>
>>12367387
>>12367409
I only tried Scandal, Enigma, and the signature Roja. The full-strength parfums of each. They were quite dark amber. They are also available in an EDP, maybe that was why the tester was lighter. The ones I tried were definitely not watered down.

This was at De Bijenkorf in Amsterdam, which is listed on his site as an official retailer.
>>
>>12367513

Well the Roja tester was definitely heavier on the violet/orris for me, and much lighter than my 2015 batch and the 2013 juice. It's slightly confusing why this is because the RHL that I have seen before on videos of tours with the perfumes and even him showing it in his scent memories recently, the juice is a pale yellow colour. Which leads me to believe that maybe that you get a heavier concentration if you actually buy it with all the soft but heavy and heady rose and jasmine. As much as I love the house so far, its slightly misleading to offer a tester that does not have all the nuances that the more concentrated one you get when you commit to purchasing it, although I guess its understandable if all the ingredients are supposedly that difficult to acquire. The few synthetics he uses like the hydroxycitronellal and the alpha iso methyl ionone provide a nice subtle boost to the floral character. If you look at the Harrods perfumer event on Youtube you can see that the tester on the table and the one in the box during the pan up outro have a much lighter juice compared to Caljaun's.

As much as I love the nuances of the fragrance, I don't agree with the tester being different to the actual product you are getting (even though there are only slight differences) especially if someone shells out £2500 for it. Maybe its to add to the exclusivity factor, who knows.
>>
>>12367513

Also in your case I'm happy they didn't water down the Roja tester, it sounds like they have better practices in Amsterdam than Harrods or the burlington arcade, which both I had seen with the lighter juice as the tester, as well as Roja's scent memory video.
>>
anyone ever add a bit of perfume to bathwater? i don't have any bath oils, but thought maybe a few sprays would act similarly?
>>
>>12367553
Yeah, who knows. I mean, obviously, I have no point of reference, because I don't own a bottle, but this one was amber coloured and certainly didn't seem watered down. I suppose it's possible that they were and I just didn't know the difference.

It's been all day though, plus I had sweaty sex and 2 showers and I can still faintly smell it on my wrist, so if it's watered down, you must be able to smell the full-strength stuff a mile away.
>>
>>12367565
For the first 4-5 hours you get a pretty good projection, not beastly or overpowering, just soft and pleasant. It clings to your skin in the dry down from the 6th hour or so, it can last anywhere from 12 hours (hot weather, dog walking making it evaporate faster I guess) up to the 17 hour average or up to 20 something, but the only thing you can smell then really is the really really faint apparent ambergris note (I don't know what grade it is but there is no marine smell to me, which is typical in Grey/Silver grade ambergris, its just a whisper of sweetness to me and a strange musty tinge that I have no real reference point for.) Depending on what you see on the internet, some people say that ambergris never smells sweet, which can be the case for most dark grades and average grade ambergris, once ambergris becomes a very light silver/gray or white that is when it tends to only be faintly sweet and animalic. So if he does actually use ambergris in this one I can assume its a high grade silver/gray or even white grade ambergris. But I want to find out for sure, which is why I'm getting different tinctures from ambergristinctures . c o m who apparently sell the real deal as they are a sister site of ambergris . co . n z . I'm looking into the silver grade at 6%, the white grade at 3% and the while/gold grade at 3% (apparently the particular piece of ambergris had a thick white crust but through the centre it was a tan gold grade), I understand that the smell of ambergris varies from piece to piece but I just want to compare them to the dry down of Roja as reference points. They should be here in a week or two.
>>
>>12367617
That'd be interesting, I don't know ambergris all that well myself, certainly not enough to be able to tell such nuances, but I'd be interested in hearing your conclusions. I'd like to know if Roja really is using super expensive, high-grade stuff in his frags.
>>
>>12367559
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/391005-Taking-a-Cologne-Bath
This guy says it works, but I find it hard to believe you can get results by dilluting something like 3 sprays in 100L+ of water.
>>
>>12367654

Well if one person was making a perfume for themselves with all the knowhow of blending and whatnot, you could get enough quantities for a couple perfumes of all the "most expensive and rare natural materials" and all that for a relatively inexpensive price, by scale atleast, but on a corporate scale of production I guess thats when you dive into the real money. I would definitely say that the ingredients he claims to use are there, the orris, rose, jasmine etc. But I am guessing that they are supported by a couple of synthetics for batch consistency and all that, I read somewhere that he was talking about a perfumer that used real rare sandalwood oils, but had to boost it slightly with a blend of synthetics to make sure it was consistent. So I guess that most of the smells you can pick up are from the raw materials that are natural, but a couple synthetics are used to boost it a little and add to it. The only thing I am paranoid about really is the ambergris since a lot of places swear by gospel that they use it, or atleast a small amount of the real stuff alongside a synthetic, which would technically make their claims true. But so far the ambergris note in the drydown is nowhere near similar to the synthetics I have compared it to. So far the hopes are pretty high, but I'm not going to be hugely dissapointed since all in all I still enjoy it, which is all that matters honestly.
>>
>>12367670
cheers, will give it a go tonight. if the effect is subtle, it's a bonus in my book.
>>
>>12367689
post results I'm curious
>>
just bought versace pour homme for spring without sampling it

did i meme myself or was this a good call?
>>
>>12367755
Buying a fragrance without seeing if it works on your skin is never a good call, you fuckhead.
>>
>>12367761
maybe if youre dirty
>>
>>12367755
It is very generic, but smells nice, but it does not last long at all
>>
Amouage and Creed are the two best houses, bar none.

DESU
>>
>>12368004
nice. it was cheap and i only wanted something to use instead of scented deoderant
>>
>>12367755
Nobody will dislike that smell. Girls love it. Performance isn't great but it's cheap so just carry a travel atomiser. Good 'starter' fragrance.
>>
>>12358161
Blasphemy!
>>
Is there a masculine frag with that ozone smell that happens during and after a rain storm?
>>
>>12368325
ephemera drone
>>
Framboise Noire made me do a nightmare and also it might be why i got a fucking migraine

the nightmare was split in different parts but one of them was I wanted to show my old "friend" my collection of samples and tell him what they evoke but he wouldnt listen and kept spilling my samples everyone and trashing my room
>>
>>12368325
just buy some geosmin.
>>
>>12368489
You have nightmares about people spilling your samples? It might be time to stop, m8.

>>12368007
They have some fantastic fragrances, but are also kinda babby's first niche houses, desu. There are a lot of other houses out there (Roja, MDCI, etc.) that exceed Creed and Amouage in quality IMO. Not hating, some of my all-time favs are Creed or Amouage, just saying a big part of their popularity is based on accessibility rather than quality.
>>
So I'm getting low on money and I probably wont be able to afford another batch after this one since the shipping is $20.

What samples are essentials that should/can I buy from luckyscent? I'll be going for all the masculine montale and amouage frags + a couple others. But I need more
>>
>>12368914
Try some of the Roja frags.
>>
Hookerfag here. Saw a Romanian girl today who was wearing Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. Actually talked frags a bit. Girl knows her shit. She said she mostly wears Tom Ford and Amouage. Liked my Creed MI a lot.
>>
>>12369114
living the dream
>>
>>12367700
three sprays of terre d'hermes into the water as the tub was filling made the whole bathroom bloom with the smell of orange. could still smell the tdh as i soaked, but it was fairly subtle. when i got out, tdh was a skin scent but it disappeared rather quickly. i expected the bathroom to smell like tdh for a bit afterward, but the scent disappeared as soon as the tub drained. all in all, it was a pleasant experience and some cheap decadence. mostly just made me want to buy some bath oils though.
>>
>>12362501
Dior Sauvage and YSL L'Homme.
>>
is comme de garcons odeur good?
>>
>>12369570
there are multiple odeurs, some people like them, i find them slightly unpleasant, you are a person, your opinion may fall within these bounds, or it may fall outside of them, isn't life amazing, beautiful, that we may all experience it differently given the same inputs, what a world, what a world, buy comme des garcons odeur 53 and 71 wherever fine parfums are sold, comme des garcons*, helping you be since 1969.

*comme des garcons is a trademark of comme des garcons co. ltd, used here for non-commercial purposes under international fair use guidelines
>>
Man I want to buy GIT so badly but I don't have any occasions where I would wear it. I only study at home, go to the gym, and then go to bars sometimes with friends at the weekend. Feels like it would be such a waste but damn it smells gorgeous.
>>
>>12362501
>>12369476
Im not even fucking joking when i say I've literally had girls come up to me and sniff my neck during class. Get you some damn Dior Sauvage it is so sexy.
>>
File: Hqdefaul.jpg (65KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Hqdefaul.jpg
65KB, 1152x864px
Can anyone recommend any subtle yet pleasant fragrances?
>>
>>12370944
cdg 2
>>
Is surrendertochance authentic ? I've transitioned from collecting fbs to just being sample-crazy, and stcs selection seems to good to be true.
>>
>>12368914
LDDM, Timbuktu, cdg incense frags, Lampblack, 1740, Helmut Lang edc or edp, Invasion Barbare off the top of my head
>>
>>12368558
This or Andrea Maack Coven, Lush smell of weather turning. CBIHP Black March for interesting interpretations
>>
>>12360071
Very versatile frag. It seems like a fall/winter scent because of the heavy tonka note, which makes it smell very rich. But believe me it works great in the summer on all but the hottest of days. Great for any season. Everyone will like how you smell.

Some say it doesn't smell very good up close, I disagree, but the magic is certainly in the sillage around you and the scent trail you leave.

Good buy, anon.
>>
>>12370944
L ' H O M M E
'
H
O
M
M
E
>>
>>12369114
Visited a Russian girl today. She had a bottle of Chanel no. 5 in her room. She loved my Creed MI, literally buried her face in my chest and was sniffing and said "I love this smell!".

I guess if you're gonna bang hookers, wear Creed MI.
>>
>>12372222
what country are you in? is this legal prostitution or nah?

i'm too square to ever visit a pro, but the subject has always fascinated me
>>
>>12372232
I'm in Amsterdam on vacation, so yes, totally legal.
>>
Guys guys

I need

A WOOOOOOOOOOODY AND SPIIIIIIIICY FRAGRANCE THAT IS THE LEAST SWEET AS POSSIBLE

THANKS

no wonderwood, it smells terrible
>>
>>12371919
I've never ordered from them, but they've been around for many years and I've never heard any complaints. There are many threads on BN about them.
>>
>>12372237
cheers. i'm the guy who asked you to do the survey of prostitute fragrances. really enjoying the updates, man. thanks.
>>
>>12371919
I've ordered from them. They're fantastic. Very good customer service, they'll send you personal emails (not bots), they always throw in a few extra random samples for me, and they've done things like if they ran out of something, they'd give me a couple of double-sized samples of some of the other things I ordered. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.
>>
>>12372280
Yeah, I thought it'd be interesting too since you gave me the idea. No real point to it, and I don't think it really provides any particularly useful data, but it's kinda fun nonetheless.
>>
>>12372280
>>12372305
Another anon expressing an interest in the survey. I'm guessing it will be mostly popular frags, but the Romanian girl was pretty patrish.
>>
>>12372400
Yeah, well you gotta keep in mind, most of these girls use something cheap while they're working because they often reapply between customers. A lot of them just grab something generic that'll make them smell sexy and feminine.

That Romanian girl for sure knew her shit, though. She said she usually wears Tom Fords when she works because they last so long, she doesn't need to reapply.

I'll try to keep you guys updated.
>>
>>12372419
please dont, i dont want to hear about whores unless we speak about fragrances for whores or that smell like whores

whores arent cool
>>
Can someone help me please. So last year when I was getting into fragrances I decided to join ScentBird which would give me a new scent every month. I did the 6 month plan for 80$. So at the 5 month mark I decided to not renew it and end the subscription. So when the 7th month came, I received a scent in the mail. So I logged in again and made sure that it was correct that I didn't renew. Than the 8th month came and they keep sending me shit. I even deleted my account from them. It's now the 11th month and they keep sending me fucking shit. It feels like they are pimping me out and forcing me to pay for a service I do not want. wtf is going on
>>
>>12372536
>forcing me to pay
If you cancelled and they're still charging your card, call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

Curious, what do they send you for ~$13/month? Frags/sizes?
>>
>>12372536
>>12372567
Oh, and refuse delivery of their packages too. Just write: "refused - return to sender" on the outside in magic marker preferably, and put an X through your address, so they can still read it, but make it obvious you are no longer the recipient.
>>
File: 31504.jpg (25KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
31504.jpg
25KB, 400x575px
anyone have experience with this? I've wanted a minty fragrance for years but haven't come across one that isn't shit
>>
>>12372629
i found menthe fraiche off-putting. liked cdg peppermint a bit better, but it didn't really sit well with me either. i'm not sure what i'm looking for in a minty fragrance, but those weren't it.

the only fragrance featuring mint i've quite liked so far has been guerlain homme, but the mint is really in the background there.

i haven't explored mint fragrances enough, but i think what i'm looking for is one without citrus.

like mint with sage or eucalyptus, or peppermint/tea tree/milk, or something.

but i generally don't go for super green fragrances, so threading this very specific, very tiny, needle is probably going to take me a lifetime.
>>
>>12372734
why wont you mix mint absolute with perfumers alcohol
>>
>>12372840
why don't i buy fresh mint every morning, use a pestle to grind it into a fine paste, and rub it into my pores?
>>
>>12372852
thats actually a good idea

im leaving the fragrance world for the aroma world
>>
>>12372446
This guy knows whats up
>>
>>12372446
have you not been paying attention, he's been updating us on what fragrances whores have been wearing. the fuck are you on about.

>>12373134
great contribution to /frag/, super insightful, thanks for stopping by.
>>
there are some days i want to try ever fragrance in the world.

there are other days i want to pick 4 to stick with for life.

so i ask you, /frag/:

if you could only have 4 fragrances in your life, which 4 would you choose?
>>
>>12373344
I'm pretty new so from my experience so far: aventus, GIT, YSL la nuit annnnnnnnnd one other fragrance purely for my own enjoyment in my house that I haven't discovered yet
>>
>>12358816
Currently using ENS in the fall... idk I like it but would like some advice

It's all I've got right now other than man in black
>>
File: frags.png (10KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
frags.png
10KB, 592x592px
Post your favourites guys
>>
>>12365564
>>12365302
This was a while ago, but thank you! I'll try those out
>>
>>12368914
I don't know about essential but these are my favorites I've gotten from Luckyscent:

Parfums de Marly Habdan
Comme de Garcons black
Diptyque Philosykos
Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain

Those last two might be essential though.
>>
>>12372734
http://www.lushusa.com/gorilla-perfume/perfume/dirty/9999905267.html
>>
>>12371919
Yeah, they're great
>>
>>12373344
dior homme
dior homme intense
dior homme cologne
dior eau noire
>>
>>12372249
>>12372249
>>12372249
>>12372249
>>12372249
>>
is this just a meme or no?
>>
>>12374238
buy iso super and perfumers alcohol and mix them together and you have the same thing except 10X less expensive
>>
>>12372446
Sorry son, the mob has spoken.

Saw a very busty Bulgarian girl today. She was wearing One Million. Not Lady Million, actual One Million. I don't usually care for One Million too much, doesn't smell bad, rather pleasant, but not something I'd wear. Turns out it's pretty nice when applied to a nice big set of titties that you have your face buried in. Would recommend.

This girl apparently is also rather keen on Amouage, she said she was planning to buy a bottle of their new Blossom Love today when she finished work. She just doesn't wear the really pricey stuff when she works because like I said, she has to reapply a lot, and also because she said she was afraid some customers might not like how some of the Amouage frags smelled. Seems like quite a few of these girls actually know their frags pretty well. She was aware of Creed, Kilian, Parfums de Marley, and Roja as well.
>>
>>12373155
>what fragrances whores have been wearing
but do they smell like whores and debauchery
>>
Is there a warm fragarance that smells like scotch pine (and possibly sandalwood)?
>>
>>12373614
Finally someone with good taste
>>
I'll most likely be working as a server in a hotel over the summer.
Would one spray on my wrist of something with soft sillage be acceptable?
>>
>>12375050
i smelled a busboy's frag when he was bringing our table water a couple weeks ago. i'd honestly prefer service not smell at all.
>>
This is what I have been wearing lately.

Despite the pretentious description... it's pretty spot on. You can really smell the burnt sugary scent underneath the cedar
>>
File: muh frags.png (219KB, 612x558px) Image search: [Google]
muh frags.png
219KB, 612x558px
>>12373455
>>
File: 1490376597298.gif (1MB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
1490376597298.gif
1MB, 200x235px
>>12357536
WTC bottles in OP's pic?

I Put in lalique perfume bottles on google but it comes up with random shit.
>>
I think the guy talking about the whore wearing Amouage and liking fragrances might have ruined Amouage and fragrances for me. Looks like I'll have to look into very unusual scents and not merely niche.
>>
>>12375466
They're victorian perfume bottles
>>
Yeah well my favorite fragrance might very well be Tilda Swinton, it doesnt wear out my nose and I like it

It was Black Aoud by Montale but it seems it wears my nose out

Also my other favorite was Jubilation XXV but

I dont know I just like Tilda Swinton Like this

But I can't wear it

Anything similar for males?
>>
favourite single note frags? complexity is overrated
>>
>>12375550
disregard that, tilda swinton develops into something really sweet and rather immature ... it's almost like i prefer it right after application
>>
File: 1485669742783.jpg (34KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
1485669742783.jpg
34KB, 500x573px
>>12375515
>victorian perfume bottles
>>12375466

well yeah obviously going by the style but those in paticular with there metal and glass design, are divine, darling, simply divine.

You MUST tell me where you got them...

Here, have a picture of a dog as payment, theres plenty more where that came from if you help me out ;o
>>
>>12375577
I dont know ... you can also google antique fragrance bottles

basically any era before ours
>>
File: summerfrags.png (1004KB, 612x558px) Image search: [Google]
summerfrags.png
1004KB, 612x558px
>>12373455
Spring/summer for me. I find most EDPs cloying in warm weather.
>>
>>12375577
>>12375595
There might be something you'll like here

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/an4eto123/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
>>
>>12375606
Isn't ck1 a bit boring
>>
>>12375577
and when I found the image I just google victorian fragrance bottle

In the OP image it says it's from Rene Lalique, and they might be unique, because on Ebay the genuine rene lalique bottles sell for thousands of $$$

so to answer your question I'm not sure if you'll ever find those bottles in particular, and if you do, you'll spend a lot of money
>>
>>12375620
It's light and it's cheap, but I find it very versatile and well composed.
>>
File: 1491447019172.png (197KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
1491447019172.png
197KB, 592x592px
>>12373455
>>
File: 20170406_183719.png (145KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_183719.png
145KB, 592x592px
>>12373455
One option...
>>
is Notino trustworthy? or do they sell fakes and shit?
>>
File: 1491447019172.png (188KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
1491447019172.png
188KB, 592x592px
>>12373455

nice ideea
>>
File: meh.png (191KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
191KB, 592x592px
>>12373455
Want to replace La Nuit, any suggestions?
>>
>>12376145
yes, it's formerly beautyspin iirc. as trustworthy as the grey market gets.
>>
File: sad2.jpg (10KB, 222x251px) Image search: [Google]
sad2.jpg
10KB, 222x251px
>MFW with your budget you only can use AVON fragrances.
>>
>>12374353
They must be doing well. How much for a boink?
>>
>>12375050
Food service? Pls no frag. I'm surprised it isn't policy.
>>
File: HttKB.png (96KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
HttKB.png
96KB, 592x592px
>>12373455
>>
File: eau.jpg (27KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
eau.jpg
27KB, 355x355px
my moms got me this, is this ass?? i like it but it seems a bit strong
>>
>>12376570
It's a great citrus, generic but nice

She chose well
>>
>>12376582
dam son
>>
File: patrician taste.png (183KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
patrician taste.png
183KB, 592x592px
>>12373455
:^)
>>
>>12376475
Typically starts at €50 for 15 minutes, but I like to relax and take my time, so usually I pay for an hour. Most of the girls I know will do an hour for €150.
>>
Are there any fragrances that dont smell modern or 80's? More mystical and eternal. I'll buy the slumberhouse frags and maybe amouage and l'artisan. any other houses/frags?
>>
>>12360211
>mad laid
>>
Any good scents that are light and inviting, maybe for office use?
I was thinking of YSL l'homme as an example
>>
File: nd.734.jpg (38KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
nd.734.jpg
38KB, 300x340px
I have got YSL l'homme for Christmas. It lasts for about 2 hours.Is that normal for this fragrance? How much do you apply and how often do you re-apply???
>>
>>12374353
Saw another Bulgarian girl today. Very petite, tight little body with big fake tits. She was wearing Princess by Vera Wang, which made me laugh a bit, because that's what my ex used to wear. She also commented on my Creed MI, wanted to know what it was. I'd seen her before a couple times over a year ago, and she said she remembered my scent.

Creed MI seems to be a big hit with the working girls.
>>
>>12377956
Spray one time each time you type a question mark throughout the day. It should keep you fresh.
>>
>>12376812

>>12374589
>>
>>12377967
So so far it's been:

One Million (for men)
Chanel No. 5
Tuscan Leather
Princess

Am I missing any?
>>
>>12357536
does anyone have/use fragrance travel atomisers?

some of my scents definitely aren't lasting the whole day, so I would like to be able to top up at lunchtime or something.

only issue is whenever i go to find a travel atomiser, every single one has at least a handful of reviews saying that they've broken and caused a leak or something.

Can anyone recommend a travel atomiser that hasn't broken for them?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>12375606
i'm looking for a cheap casual daytime Spring/Summer frag, would you recommend CK1? or do you know of any better alternatives?
>>
>>12378011
I'd just get a sample size or a travel sized version of the scent. They can be pricy when you think about what you're paying per ml, but certain lines make really nice packaging for travel sizes (Kilian, Le Labo, Juliet has a gun). Lots of lines do rollerballs as well.

I've had bad luck with travel atomizers too.
>>
>>12378031
ok, that makes sense, thanks man!

i'm new to fragrances, i've only just bought Mont Blanc Individuel and Moschine Uomo but neither of them are lasting all day on me, i'm looking to sprout out towards Versace Eros and La Nuit De L'Homme.

Do you have any recommendations for sites to purchase samples/travel sized versions for Eros/La Nuit/other fragrances?
>>
File: nd.22860.jpg (65KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
nd.22860.jpg
65KB, 300x418px
I just bought this how did I do?
>>
>>12378072
I like it. Solid spring pick.
>>
>>12377984
Yeah, one girl had Narciso Rodriguez for her.
>>
>>12378031
I just bought a bulk pack of sample vials off amazon. 3 ml spray vials. Costs like 20.00 for 100 of them, and they seem to work pretty well. Worst case scenario, you can just keep them in a little baggy in your pocket.
>>
>>12378050
Travalo atomisers are reliable but pricey. La nuit does not last so you will need to reapply
>>
>>12378050
how do you like individuel and uomo?
>>
>>12374353
>she was planning to buy a bottle of amouage
bulgarians don't have money to buy a pack of cigarettes, let alone expensive perfumes, unless they spend their month salary.

t. diaspora bulgarian doctor
>>
>>12378199
When they work in Amsterdam and are making upwards of €5-600 per day, basically tax-free they can.
>>
File: rBVaHFVo4BKAK4JfAAF-Z_MoQY0762.jpg (65KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaHFVo4BKAK4JfAAF-Z_MoQY0762.jpg
65KB, 800x800px
>>12378011
I've used picture related and similar Chinese atomizers for years and the only time I get leaks is when I fly. Try using teflon tape on the threads for extra security. I've also used Travalo knock offs with no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky...
>>
>>12378138
>>12378288
thanks for the advice, i'll have a search around.

>>12378178
I quite like them both, nothing crazy or anything, I feel like Uomo is really good at being very middle ground if you get what I mean. Individuel has a nicer, smarter scent, and the performance is better, so I do find myself wearing that one more often.

If i was going to meet a girl and wanted to put across a clean nice guy impression, i'd probably lean closer towards Uomo.

Considering how cheap they both were, i'm very impressed overall.
>>
Looking for a long lasting, panty-dropper. Preferably cheap.
>>
>>12368007
What about Xerjoff? Naxos is next to royal oud one of my goat
>>
File: 50799.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
50799.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>12377956
>Is that normal for this fragrance?

Yeah, but you can probably get more with some heat.

Some frags need heat and some like pic related perform like shit no matter what.

Is it cold where you are?
>>
File: interludeman.jpg (39KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
interludeman.jpg
39KB, 300x412px
>Looking for new winter fragrances
>See pic related pop up in a few suggestions
>buy a 5ml sample
>try it today

jesus fucking christ this shit stinks like shit. I smell like some greasy fucking arab covered in gold chains with a massive hairy chest

I have (decant) and love reflection man, how did it all go so wrong?

did I play myself?
>>
>>12378971
Interlude Man is literally the strongest, most arab fragrance Amouage offers. Personally I consider it a masterpiece, but I would never wear it around other people.

Reflection Man is completely different from the rest of the Amouage lineup though.
>>
>>12379031
Yeah like I agree it's a masterpiece... but Jesus it's so offensive lmao
>>
>>12368007
for every good fragrance Creed has, they have 3 terrible ones.
>>
>>12375777
femanon spotted :^)
>>
>>12379153
But the good ones are like, really really fucking good
>>
>>12379159
Those are all unisex though?
>>
>>12378684
that thing smells like urinal cakes.. not good
>>
I came back here after months of not going on 4chan. Holy fuck, you guys are still fucking sheeps "Ooh, Buy Aventus or YSL LA NUIT DE HOMME OR THE ONE BY D&G OR AQUA DI GIO SMELLS LIKE YOUR GIRLSFRIENDS EXBOYFRIEND" Just buy a fucking bottle and leave this thread. You guys ask the same fucking answer everyday and you praise Dior Farenheit like it's god's fucking cologne. It is that all fucking good, it's all subjective as fuck so just get a bottle and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>12379311
You mad faggot?

>waaahhh id rather wear something that smells like shit just because it's unique

Kys kys kys
>>
>>12368007
uh no
>>
>>12372249
gentlemen only chic?
only one i've sniffed that fits what you asked
>>
>>12378011
I bought some off amazon pretty cheap snap together haven't had any leaks so far. Lots of complaints on fishy smell on reviews but I haven't noticed anything.
>>
is 60ml la nuit for $35 a good deal?
>>
>>12379311
See
>>12363788
>>
>>12378675
secretions magnifiques
>>
File: AQS_S5173_1769S.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AQS_S5173_1769S.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>YFW You will never smell like the testosterone and rubber mayhem that was pre-SJW NASCAR Daytona 500
>>
File: K9E09R.gif (2MB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
K9E09R.gif
2MB, 600x543px
Which one is worth trying the most, the Amouage Opus collection or these:
Bleu de Chanel EDP
Coromandel EDP
Patchouli Imperial
Grey Vetiver
Homme Intense

?
>>
File: DSC_1157.jpg (656KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1157.jpg
656KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw trading decants
this is what 50ml of samples looks like.
also, my fingers smell amazing right now.
>>
>>12378971
>>12379031
Instant buy for me.
>>
>>12380879
>50ml
Holy crap, I didn't think of it that way. Feels Goodman.
>>
File: nice.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>12366388
Ohoho, fucking nice. I posted in the previous thread about being torn between Assoluta and Essenza after sampling (and thoroughly enjoying) both. But if I had to pick one I think I'd go with Essenza since it doesn't have the darker elements of the Assoluta and I'm looking for a fragrance that's on the citrus-y side of things.

On a side note, after sampling both Assoluta and Essenza, I'm a bit surprised by the color choice for the bottle and packaging designs. The essenza has the more citrus-y and lighter notes imo and you would think that it would be associated with lighter colors, not black--instead yellow.
>>
>>12380657
opus collection is garbage imo and if you've never tried any of the others you've listed then coromandel, grey vetiver and DHI are must tries.
if you've never tried BdC, get on that too, though I doubt someone looking to try the opus collection is interested in something as plebby as bdc
>>
>>12381315
what does the opus collection remind you of? any of them
>>
>>12378072
>dior homme eau
>dior hommeau
>dior ????
>>
>>12381322
Dior uomo?
>>
>>12381318
for reference i detest amouage from what i've tried, besides reflection and jubilation but the only one that comes to mind immediately is VII.

VII has disgustingly big performance/projection and is VERY mature. the oud is fecal and very in your face, with a green, smokey overtone. i would say it's unwearable if you are looking to make a good impression, but if art is your thing, go for it.
>>
>>12381324
>homo
>>
File: cQtlhD48EG0SY.gif (905KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
cQtlhD48EG0SY.gif
905KB, 240x228px
>>12381325
>the oud is fecal
>>
>>12381368
i cant tell if you're refuting my assertion or agreeing with my disgust
>>
New thread:
>>12357536
>>12381404
>>
>>12363837
>>12363826
kek
>>
>>12369619
what is going on
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.