[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thrifting advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Spuutnik-3_by_TimotheeLambrecq.jpg (213KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Spuutnik-3_by_TimotheeLambrecq.jpg
213KB, 1200x800px
I'm about to go thrifting in about an hour and I need some advice on how to thrift smarter.
If you lads have any tips on thrifting please share, and let me know of any essentials to look out for..

I'm a femanon but it doesn't matter cause I usually buy male clothes, since I find it really difficult to find any nice lady pieces.
Share tips, tricks, inspo, etc.
>>
bump b/c I need to get some work done and when I come back I want there to be some tips to take with me when I leave.
>>
the thing with thrifting is that its not a one-and-done activity. If you genuinely want to find some good stuff you need to thrift frequently -- some days you'll find stuff, some day you won't. I can't really think of anything that will make you thrift 'smarter' other than to just visit multiple shops often
>>
>>12357158
I live in a small country town so there's not really much of a demand or shift, nor is it easy to find anything decent.
I find myself more often going for accessories like socks and hats and even trinkets more than actually browsing the clothing sections and taking a chance on things because they tend to be more expensive. I just want to know how to become more confident with my clothing choices.
>>
>>12357158
this
thrift shops in the short run are shit, but in the long run they can be a goldmine
meaning you have to go often to find cool stuff (it helps to know when they have sales, when they get new merch, etc)
theres nothing really to "look out for", just buy things you think are cool
most times I go thrifting it ends up being me asking myself "will I actually wear this" and the answer usually being no
>>
don't buy something that doesn't fit, even if it's amazing or seems like a piece you'll never come across again. also, same as shopping anywhere else, try and keep a coherent vision wrt your entire wardrobe and make sure anything you buy will be wearable alongside the rest of your clothing.
>>
>>12357138
-The best places to thrift are small, middle class towns if you're looking for vintage Americana, ie. denim jackets, flannels, coats, boots, jeans, outdoor wear.

-City and suburban thrift stores are often both picked through and filled with worn out fast fashion items

-Be discerning; don't load up on stuff you don't really want just because it's cheap

-Be careful of sizing if you aren't going to try things on. Vintage clothes are true to your measured waist size.
>>
i go thrifting fairly often & i live in the burbs of boston:

1. go every week and have a goal of what you want to find

check racks that match your interests, don't spend time cycling through 500+ t-shirts with college's logos on them

2. shoes
check your size, one size up, one size down.

thrift stores are great spots to find nice boots, esp in new england

3. visit thrift stores that make have a high volume of customers - make sure you check out non-clothes too, you can find some great paintings at places like goodwill

find a buffallo exchange near u and go nuts
>>
>>12357199
>don't buy something that doesn't fit
unless you know how to tailor or are willing to get it tailored (only works with too big fits though, never buy anything below your size)
>>
anyone know some dope thrift stores in nyc?
the ones near my area are garbage
>>
>>12358653
the thing on manhattan ave but it's for music and antiques mostly
>>
File: IMAG0507.jpg (800KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0507.jpg
800KB, 1836x3264px
I often go to thrift shops alot. The best advice i can give you is.... Get to know the employees. I have a few employees at my local thrift shop that are good friends of mine and they tell me when good shit in my size comes in, or just good shit in general.

Also, sometimes they'll reduce the price of stuff for you sometimes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.