[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suit General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 2BC121-F61_A_164_2.jpg (35KB, 1023x686px) Image search: [Google]
2BC121-F61_A_164_2.jpg
35KB, 1023x686px
i was offered a job at a reputable law firm. There's a stipulation in our contract which requires us to have a rotation of at least 4 suits. So far I have one suit that would be suitable with the dress code criteria. The criteria are to use lighter colours when possible (black suit w/ black pants and white shirt is ok, but we have to have lighter toned ties w/ this option). We are not allowed to wear black shirts (idk why). We are allowed to wear differently coloured pants and jackets tho.

My current suit is like the one pictured but in dark grey herringbone type pattern.

Any other suggestions for what i should try to buy. Color combos? All suggestions are appreciated
>>
>>12335061
bump
>>
>>12335135
bump
>>
>>12335061
>i was offered a job at a reputable law firm
You might want to reconsider trying to seek advice from anime forum fashion board riddled with teenagers
And what you are doing on 4chan at all really
>>
>>12335171
/pol/ regular just taking a peek here. I dont wanna get shity mfa advice
>>
File: XAA935_1_l.jpg (20KB, 314x432px) Image search: [Google]
XAA935_1_l.jpg
20KB, 314x432px
Get a light gray, navy and a brown/camel/khaki suit and your should be good to go. Pic related is a shirt colour that goes well with khaki/sand/tan suit.Also get a light blue shirt. red tie, black bowtie, a classic patterned tie(look for vintage Hermes/Valentino/Dior on ebay, lots of nice ties). If you like to be the lawyer that stunts on the other squares get some shirts with mandarin collars and some avant-garde suits from designers like Haider Ackermann, Dries van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester.
>>
>>12335213
ayy finally a good response with lots of good info.

thanks anon!
>>
Get decent suits (I get my stuff from Suitsupply, more expensive than department store stuff but it looks better and lasts longer). As for color, I'd first buy navy, then medium grey, then maybe dark to medium blue, after then go for what you want. Generally speaking darker means more formal, and vice versa, so star off dark. That being said, DO NOT BUY BLACK. Black is only acceptable for black tie and funerals. Also, buy good shoes (J. Fitzpatrick is my favorite brand) because they also look better and last longer, also creates a good base for a good suit. As for black shirt and ties, your shirt should be lighter than your tie, because it generally looks better, helps create the coveted V of the male torso, hence no black shirt. And more questions?
>>
>>12335257
Thanks for all the info.
generally speaking would having 2//3 good leather shoes a good starting point. I have a black pair of common project derbies and another black pair of bottega venetta chelseas (but they're suede) and idk if suede is acceptable with suits? I've been however eyeing a brown pair of allen edmond's derbies which i definitely will cop.
>>
>>12335257
also my current suit is reiss and i do plan on getting more suits from them due to the fit as they didnt require any tailoring
>>
>>12335270
Suede is ok most of the time, but you may catch some flak at your work. Defiantly ask the boss if it's ok or not. Two or thee shoes is a good starting point, though I would recommend sticking with oxfords, more sleek, but it's completely your call. I also suggest brown shoes vs black unless it's uber conservative. Burgundy/oxblood is my favorite color, if you can get away with it. Let me ask this, where are you? US has less strict dress code than the UK, so your location determines a lot before hand.
>>
>>12335273
It's a decent enough option, though I again will push you to Suitsupply, just a step up in quality, but again, your call.
>>
>>12335257
>DO NOT BUY BLACK. Black is only acceptable for black tie and funerals

Ugh. I hate advice like this.

If you want to wear a black suit to work, wear it. DON'T wear a tux to work -- THAT is a black-tie event wear.

Wear any goddamn color you want to work. Black included and not forbidden.
>>
>>12335171
Give the guy some relevant advice or shut up, there's no need for your stupidity
>>
>>12335305
Black is a more powerful color than navy or grey, it also only looks good with black and white. Trying to combine it with colors only adds to it's overpowered look. Literally all men's formal stylist say to stay away from black suits for a reason.
>>
>>12335061
>We are not allowed to wear black shirts (idk why).
Because it makes you look like a retard, you mong. If you seriously believe this kind of mobster/Kraftwerk look is acceptable for an adult man you're going to fucking crash and burn at that law firm eventually. Tighten your shit up FAST.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.