[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you generally feel about replicas and the people who buy them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1479789531202.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479789531202.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
Was having a discussion with a girlfriend the other day, and her argument was that it seemed "unjustifiable" to pay a large sum of money on something like clothing/a bag/shoes/etc. She said that she saw nothing wrong with the idea of buying a fake version of an item that would otherwise costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. Personally, I feel like its more rewarding to work your way up to earning that item, if that makes sense. If I buy a fake, I don't value it the way I would the real version. What are your thoughts? (And pardon my English if its off!)
>>
>>12331152
Shit. That isn't the OP pic I wanted.
>>
I care about:
1. how it looks
2. how it fits
3. how long it lasts

if that good-looking, well-fitting, high-quality product is produced by company A or company B, idgaf

also

>I feel like its more rewarding to work your way up to earning that item

consumption in the short term (instead of investing) makes you much poorer in the long term
>>
>>12331152
I find it sad if anything because it feels like people want to pretend they can afford things they can't when there's no shame in not owning a pair of fucking Rick Owens shoes or something. Fashion is much more interesting when people who can't afford the luxury goods of the moment make the best of what's around them and develop it organically. Actually half of the shit that's popular at the moment is based on recapitulating exactly that. There wouldn't be, say, Gosha sweaters to make fakes of if poor Russian kids hadn't been adapting whatever random shit they could find in the 90s.
>>
>>12331224
Also, given that the laws on sweatshop labor aren't too great to begin with, imagine the conditions people are working in to produce fakes illegally.
>>
even if you don't buy reps, there's some fire shit cheap as fuck on taobao

rep ramones, palace, guess x asap all in my wardrobe and they're fantastic
wouldn't pay full price for that shit even if i want poor af

if you flex in a fake box logo or something you're just asking to get called out though
>>
>>12331240
lmao, lemme see those fake ramones
>>
All the shoes that get replicated are shit in their authentic form anyway

I can't think of one pair of shoes that have replica versions made that I would wear

It's only retarded hype beast shit that's gets replicated
>>
>>12331278
reondistrict
>>
File: 350x469px-LL-4b053ffa_xvBLB.jpg (62KB, 350x469px) Image search: [Google]
350x469px-LL-4b053ffa_xvBLB.jpg
62KB, 350x469px
>>12331152
There's nothing wrong with high quality reps from Korea as long as you stay away from Hypebeast trash.
I get fake SLP jeans all the time because of the fit.
>>
what websites do you guys buys stuff from?
>>
>>12331206
>>12331152
Fuck it! Wear whatever you want
>>
File: 20170303_193544.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_193544.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Nothing wrong with buying fakes so long as you maintain the ability to construct a proper outfit rather than wearing as many logoed Supreme and Palaces pieces as possible. I would say 1/3 of my wardrobe is fake, off the top of my head
2 pairs of shoes
2 hoodies
1 sweater
1 backpack
Bunch of tshirts
Ive never had quality issues with any of them save one long sleeve that was my first purchase when I was first buying fakes. The material was fine on that, just the screen printing wasnt very good.

Its as simple as bothering to spend some time looking whats on offer and proceeding with caution, ensuring you buy from reputable sellers and use a proxy.

>>12331299
Thats quite wrong. Hypebeast clothing is the majority of the fakes market because its so easy to produce and theres a high demand for it, but if you spend 5 minutes looking into it youll find much more good stuff than you assume.
>>
cheapasses
the kind of people you don't want to associate with
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.