[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walter Van Bierendonck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Thoughts on his 2017/2018 AW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrVT2PNaK9g

>P.S that background music though
>>
he teaches at my school
>>
>>12307523
He is quite nice and humble guy,isn't he?
>>
>>12307523
What school do you attend?
>>
File: Walter.jpg (168KB, 990x650px) Image search: [Google]
Walter.jpg
168KB, 990x650px
Amazing
>>
>>12307542
not him
but he teaches at the antwerp fashion academy
>>
found quite interesting discussion about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqogGgWnMII&t=903s
>>
>>12307542
Antwerp school of art obviously since he lives n Antwerp
>>
>>12307508
What I get from watching the video is that the collection is based on a military & tribal theme.
I think the background music fits the show very well, the drums makes you think of those soldiers with drums walking down the street in perfect timing, and the pipe-like sound is from the tribal like theme.
I mean it's executed very well, as in he chose cool silhouettes, patterns, the wall paintings embroidered on and such.
Don't get where the big hands come from but they look pretty cool, especially where they just hanged down the shoulders.

Other than that I think it's not that revolutionary of a fashion show.
It's well done/executed, but other then that, there's not much appealing to me.

Note: I'm not studying fashion and do not have any education even remotely related to fashion.
So am I missing something obvious with this collection? Am I totally off with what I said?
Maybe there's something about why he chose to do a collection about this specific theme, i dunno.
>>
File: KIM_0017.jpg (225KB, 900x1349px) Image search: [Google]
KIM_0017.jpg
225KB, 900x1349px
>>12307991
The big hands are probably a reference to Trump. Some of WVB's work is quite political.
>>
>>12307523
Rav? As in beneath the toxic jungle rav?
>>
>>12307991
not a student in fashion either, but I agree with everything you said. I want to add that its just a 8.5/10 for me - quality work, nothing exceptional, glad that the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the show was a lot of very wearable stuff.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.