[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here watch the Undercover AW17 Womens show? Pretty f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: image003.jpg (278KB, 2000x2995px) Image search: [Google]
image003.jpg
278KB, 2000x2995px
Anybody here watch the Undercover AW17 Womens show? Pretty fantastic desu. A more subtle political stance than a lot of this season's other shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rech6gSeZDg
>>
>>12298129
a buddie told me great things about it, havent seen it yet myself

SS17 felt really boring, so hope this makes up
>>
>>12298129
>political stance

Oh boy yet another venue for liberal tears
>>
Explain these politics please
>>
>>12298174
This. Didn't think about politics during the show. Would like an interpretation though.
>>
>>12298173
High fashion's art form has always been left/liberally inclined.

If you're too much of a cuck to shut up and take it, grab your chino shorts, put on your boat shoes, and kick rocks you faggot.
>>
File: _UND0197.jpg (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
_UND0197.jpg
1MB, 2000x3000px
>>12298174
>>12298202
>http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2017-ready-to-wear/undercover
>The Japanese designer Jun Takahashi, who has long melded a high-concept mind-set with a knack for making desirable, not-too-difficult-to-understand clothes, conjured a utopia on his runway today. “In an ideal world, everybody would be equal,” he said backstage, when asked what the word means to him.

The idea is that we see these women of all different classes and backgrounds all being beautiful, all valued/celebrated/respected in their own way. In other years this might not have been political but with the current climate it definitely is. Of course it is a bit hypocritical as Undercover's high price point isn't accessible to middle / lower classes. I also wish the casting had been a bit more diverse.

But as a performance piece I thought it was quite beautiful. The soundtrack was fantastic as well
>>
>>12298337
sidebar
casting issues are because of the agencies
most that have black/asian/latina models have to fight the agency for them
>>
why this chiccc looking like one of them paper fruit things they put in your cocktails
>>
File: KonataGiggleLuckyStarcopy.png (44KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
KonataGiggleLuckyStarcopy.png
44KB, 325x325px
>>12298336
Haha you are so mad though

>G-go away!!!
>>
>>12298340
That's really unfortunate. I guess they feel white models are more marketable but hopefully brands request diversity enough that agencies will change.

>>12298342
lmao
>>
>>12298344
Good job of countering me, you're clearly well versed in fashion, and your argument was structured perfectly.

Again, kick rocks faggot.
>>
Yay, another rare thread on /fa/ about fashion

>>12298173
This show really wasn't that political. If subtle ideas about equality are too much to handle maybe stay away from the art world.
>>
>>12298347
Autistic raving aside, I thought the show was enjoyable to watch. The use of fabric and texture, the colors and pacing was all well done.
>>
>In other years this might not have been political but with the current climate it definitely is.
The current climate being regressive identity politics? In other years it wouldn't have been political because "the left" didn't conjure up a non existent issue.

As for the political nature of this, it's just an exercise in costume design for an aesthetic science fiction movie. Unless you mean to imply Takashi is campaigning for an Utopian future with a rigorous class system, something in line with the advocates of monarchy, aristocracy and the fascist darling the Roman empire. This might cause some arm flailing here but being in favor of a class/caste system does not mean you don't celebrate, value and respect those classes or don't envision a happy utopia in that political system. It's actually a quite laughable to think that everyone being opulently beautiful and fluttering about like bland little butterflies means it's an utopia rather than dystopia. Reminds me of the sort of shit touted on tumblr about everyone being beautiful and celebrated like that means anything at all. Maybe this is an elaborate joke.
>>
File: 298371.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
298371.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>12298365
>It's actually a quite laughable to think that everyone being opulently beautiful and fluttering about like bland little butterflies means it's an utopia rather than dystopia.
hmm
>>
File: Zhao_1.jpg (679KB, 1650x1148px) Image search: [Google]
Zhao_1.jpg
679KB, 1650x1148px
>>12299744
Hear, hear.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.