[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I just walk into a (upmarket) hair salon and just ask the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1487621867578.png (574KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1487621867578.png
574KB, 650x650px
Can I just walk into a (upmarket) hair salon and just ask the hairdresser to do what they think would look best?

Or do I need a set haircut in mind to ask for?
>>
>>12293410
Dude get a fucking grip.
>>
You could but it's risky. Just like clothing, if someone creates an outfit for you but you don't feel good wearing it it isn't working. It would be better if you at least have an idea of a style you'd like.
>>
>>12293415

I know I want some kind of long hair, cause I'm waiting to grow out a ponytail. But its gonna be at least another 6 months until I can do that, and I need an interim haircut in the meantime.
>>
>>12293420

Be careful with that, I know that it has been said that when you are growing your hair out you need some kind of maintenance cut once in a while. However a lot of times the barber is cutting too much of it and you can add another 5 months before it's that long again. It's different though if you hair length is out of whack (too long on the side and still short at the back for example)

If you do get a cut, just ask if they remove the split ends, the bare minimum.
>>
This is exactly how you get fucked up. Your idea of a trim and the hairdressers idea of a trim could be completely different
>>
>>12293410
Yes. But go to a real salon, not like a Master Cuts or something. Also, you can tell them something like "I want to look more professional" or "I want to spend 10 minutes or less doing my hair and have it look nice." or something.

Don't do this if you have curly hair, or secretly want a specific style. Only do it if you just don't give a fuck what you end up with and just want to know what will look good.

If you do it, go in wearing your favorite normal fit so the stylist can see your aesthetic a little bit. If you're female, avoid contouring makeup that will obscure your face shape.

I had a friend who used to regularly just tell them to surprise her with a color or cut. It always turned out well.
>>
you'd better not get angry if they give you something you don't like
>>
I have done this like twice in kind of "indie" hairdressers and they usually do a good job. I just said I wanted something different and easy to style and got a hitler youth. But this was before the film fury so i guess that hairdresser was quiet cutting edge.
>>
>>12293410
>>12294271
you have no future, no dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXD8yOxIPB0
>>
>>12294278
>so what can I do for you?
sh-short back and sides
>ok, what we thinking on the sides, a 1?
a 3 if thats ok
>and how do you like your sideburns?
wh-whatever

fuck off back to your old man barbour your mom books an apointment for you stupid cuck.
>>
>>12294294
Get a dick, but not in your ass.
>>
>>12293410
They'll just do whatevers quickest and easiest for them. They don't give a fuck about you or what would look best
>>
>old man barber
>mom books appointment

pick one
>>
>>12293410

i've done this before. it turned out the woman had a pompadour fetish and so that's how she did my hair.
>>
>>12294452
I want to say this is not true because high end places actually want to retain you as customer. Your best bet is to have a vision or example of at least something similar. Just because they are cutting hair doesn't mean they know what would look good on you personally.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.