[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are male models so dumb? Female models seem to be slightly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

Why are male models so dumb? Female models seem to be slightly more intelligent.

I went to a modeling agency to see if I could get some work and was in a room full of blank-faced manicured idiots.

I haven't got a callback, but it was an eyeopening experience. Most of these kids brought agents with them. Old fat men.
>>
>>12291545
your IQ doesnt show up in photographs so who gives a shit? why would a model need to be smart? you just seem bitter that you didn't get the job
>>
File: 1480643747745.jpg (51KB, 634x551px) Image search: [Google]
1480643747745.jpg
51KB, 634x551px
Dumb in like making more money a session than you in a month, getting girls and partnerships easily, winning at genetics and life? Fuck theyre dumb right
>>
>>12291545
Friends with a few (only a few, most my friends ARE dumb as shit) models and they're the smartest in my friend group

My own personal anecdote, but you believe what you want
>>
>>12291551
If we entertain OPs hypothesis then they only won one of two genetic lotteries. Looking good but being dumb as a seagull isn't a (figuratively) good look.
>>
it's because they're all dumb retards pulled out of pig farms in the south of france
>>
they probably started really young and their lifestyle involved modeling 24/7 and getting fucked by fat fags

this is their life
>>
>>12291557
Actually the way i described it is how you win at life in this society, good luck on going anywhere just by being smart nowdays
>>
Most men are only intelligent insofar as it helps them get pussy. Models bypass that.
>>
>>12291822
>meanwhile CS and engineering fags have very stable and high paying jobs while the hotshot pretty boys you obsess about get payed 40k per year during their 5 year career and then fade into obscurity

not even denying looks and social skills matter but intelligence will always be the biggest factor (excluding being from a rich family)
>>
>>12291865
Becoming an engineer etc, anything with a big title is less about intelligence and more about work ethic
If you know how to study and manage to have the focus and will power it works even if youre not the smartest
>>
>>12291914
I don't disagree, but it isn't coincidence that engineers tend to come from the top 5% of students
>>
>>12291926
>top 5% of students
students are already being measured by work ethic, not pure intelligence
>>
>>12291914
Arguably true
Am by far not the smartest software dev
Basically the way to get ahead in tech is to be the best software dev that also knows [insert some other business here]
I'm a better programmer than maybe 30% of developers, and I know more fashion than 5% of people in fashion, but I know more fashion than 95% of software devs, and I know more programming than 95% of people in fashion
So I have a pretty stable job in tech/fashion

Downside is that if someone else is better than me in both of those things, I'm a little fucked
>>
File: 1459616314806.jpg (12KB, 235x212px) Image search: [Google]
1459616314806.jpg
12KB, 235x212px
>>12291930
well i stand corrected, i guess intelligence has never mattered and capabilities/results are purely based on work ethic
>>
>>12291545
they've had everything handed to them because of their looks, even in spite of most of them being dumb as rocks. they never had to develop intellectually because it would be unnecessary.
>>
File: raf.jpg (430KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
raf.jpg
430KB, 1200x900px
>>12291865
>>12291914
>>12291926
>>12291930
>>12291948
>>12291951
>reasonable discussion about STEM happening on /fa/

nerds
>>
>>12291951
strawman. you know i didnt say that
>>
File: 1484966881724.png (730KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
1484966881724.png
730KB, 900x616px
>>12291959
i know m8 but your position is so vague i cant even begin to figure out what your trying to get across

yeah i agree work ethic matters but when aiming for the high paying jobs natural talent/intelligence is the defining difference (with the exception things like business where social skills are probably the biggest piece), in my opinion, on what makes someone an IT guy doing 60 hrs per week while managing a bunch of people at 80k a year as opposed to the talented programmer maintaining fortran systems at 40 hrs per week 150k per year
>>
>>12291971
I'm just saying that of all the factors that play into becoming a big boy with big title hard work is the biggest. Intelligence doesnt matter if youre too lazy to do your homework, and average people outplay intelligent people if they work harder
>>
>>12291977
I don't disagree and you hold a fair enough position, but assigning the hypothetical smart person low work ethic and the average intelligence person high ethic is a bit of an unfair comparison

in my anecdotal experience at least, a smart person with average work ethic will out perform an average person with high work ethic
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.