[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question I'd like to pose to you all: to what extent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I have a question I'd like to pose to you all: to what extent does your fashion style reflect your personality? lately ive been re-evaluating my life because a girl said to me, "you know, the way you dress totally doesnt match your personality". Have you ever been told this? I think it may be offputting and why people avoid me.
>>
File: IMG_0955.jpg (48KB, 599x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0955.jpg
48KB, 599x270px
>>12289537
I don't want to come off as pretentious but I'm very sarcastic and dry- to the point it usually goes over people's heads. I've been told that I'm the nicest person ever from people who don't know me, but I'm considered odd/offbeat by those who do know me. When I was 7th-11th grade I dressed similar to hipsters (when it was a thing) and I dressed emo. I was a loner so yeah, it was fitting. When I got social and on a cross country team I went full prep which is essentially chadcore in Texas but cross country...isn't terribly full of chads. It's degenerate would be school shooters (shitty runners), odd fellows that hyper sexualize the lockeroom with gay jokes, innuendo and horseplay (good-great tier) and actual chads (great tier). I didn't dress my personality but I dressed my behavior, the so straight and comfortable and fratty I'm gay tier.
Nowadays I dress like Naota/Lean with long hair. My sarcasm isn't present in what I wear but my self hating irony is.
>>
>>12289557
kys
>>
>>12289557
>>12289537
Sounds like you're a faggot.
>>
I'd say it's my personality that reflects my style instead.

I learned what works best for me is to set an ideal vision of myself, what I want to be, what skills I should posses, what personality traits I do and do not want etc. and then force myself out of my comfort zone and work to make those changes real. At first it used to be huge leaps and changes, but now it's just subtle adjustments, as I'm getting progressively more satisfied with myself, however I will forever keep setting new goals for myself to reach, so that I never truly become my ideal self.

Translated to clothing, that means that the pieces I seek often aren't those that I feel are my style, but those that scream "future me".
>>
>>12289585
Sounds like you're using this board correctly. Some anons will come in here and call you autistic, but don't let it get to you. You're using fashion as a self-improvement tool, which is infinitely better than using fashion to fit in or get attention.
>>
>>12289563
op here. im not gay, but i guess you could say im a "beta", shy, intorverted loser. and i dress in red wings, raw denim, like rugged american workwear, and i guess it doesnt "fit". people look at me and expect me to be this confident alpha male i guess. it never hit me until someone pointed it out.
>>
>>12289537
i wear a lot of black and kinda weird stuff and i'm super extroverted and friendly

there's definitely a disconnect, and maybe people's first impression is a little distorted because of what i'm wearing, but if we talk it becomes pretty obvious that it's just how i dress

i guarantee you that your clothes are not why people avoid you
>>
I dress like a gothic autist which seems appropriate
>>
>>12289643
Have you sucked a dick or gone balls deep in boipussy before? I think they can tell you're gay but you haven't worked it out yet.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.