[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan Thrift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1484484828484.jpg (403KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484484828484.jpg
403KB, 752x1000px
Going to Japan next week to study design abroad, and planning on buying some clothes while i'm there. Anyone know of any good thrift stores or places to get designer for relatively cheap? I have 2 free days in Tokyo, wanting to go to Shimokita. Mostly into tech and loosewave shit. Wanting stuff that's cheap because I'm spending most of my money on food and gifts for friends/family.
>>
File: zzzzzz.jpg (733KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzz.jpg
733KB, 1024x682px
>>12286196
I hear you can get a 1992 Suzuki Sidekick, the official Japanese car of /fa/, for a very reasonable price there.
>>
>>12286196
Theres a few random thrift shops along Harajuku.

http://secondhand-clothing-tokyo.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/urban-jiyugaokakindal-jiyugaoka.html?m=1

Also google is your friend. Just make sure you know what you're looking for tho.
>>
>>12286196
Thrifting in Japan is actually pretty expensive OP, I was there this winter
>>
File: book off jacket.jpg (1MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
book off jacket.jpg
1MB, 4608x2592px
Book-Off is a thrift store that's all over Japan. They mainly have books, music, and games, but I the super Book-Off stores have all types of clothes. Its where I managed to get this jacket and pants for only 15 bucks
>>
>>12287223
then why i can get a yohji jacket on y!jp for $50
>>
>>12286196

go through koenji and shimokitazawa, although you'll mostly find like vintage retro american red wing tier bullshit and milsurp. Some bloggers have done writeups on stores than sell designer stuff but again, koenji and shimokita. Check out Chicago for cheap stuff.
If you're out near Kyoto look up when flea markets are on, I picked up an old uniqlo ma-1 for $15 there
>>
>>12286196
>Theres a few random thrift shops along Harajuku.
I tend to stay away from the Harajuku and Shimokitazawa ones. It seems that they are already savvy and I feel that they are overpriced.
Mitaka and Kichijoji have a some decent ones. But surprisingly I've had the best luck in GEO second hand stores. GEO is a DVD rental store but a lot of them have second hand stores called jumble stores or something like that.
>>
If you have wide shoulders instead of getting clothes that will never fit you you better just visit Walmart or wherever you usually buy your clothes before you leave.
>>
unless you're 5'5" and underweight, japanese clothes won't fit you.

i'm 6'2" and 220 pounds. I lived in Japan for 6 years and the only things that ever fit me was an adidas jacket and a uniglo fleece hoodie.
>>
>>12286196
Osaka is very good for thrifting - tonnes and tonnes of shops along the main strip. Some of them are as or more expensive than a regular store, but there are enough of them that you'll find a jenny cheap one easy.
>>
>>12287699
Yahoo japan is cheaper than thrifting dude
>>
>>12286200
meme is back!!!
>>
>>12289738
youre 15lb away from being obese you fucking retard

im 6'3 190 and my entire wardrobe is thrifted from japan
>>
>>12289738
don't be fat then
i'm 6'0 and clothes here fit me just fine
>>
>>12286200
here we go again
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.