[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the better shoes designer? Rick vs Raf vs Kanye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: designer.png (153KB, 759x212px) Image search: [Google]
designer.png
153KB, 759x212px
Who is the better shoes designer?

Rick vs Raf vs Kanye
>>
>>12285071
Rick is the best, but he likes golden showers which puts me off somewhat

kanye is good for sweaters and maybe athletic shoes but nothing else

raf claims to be minimalist yet plasters his pieces with shit-tier tumblr art like flowers and shit looks gay as fuck, if he did all black all the time he would rival rick imo

inb4 some butthurt faggot says im wrong or something

fuck 4chan
>>
>>12285073

why does Rick enjoying golden showers put you off ? He's not pissing in your mouth, you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>12285076
because it just seems like an old man fetish to me, I can hear it now

>"rick owens? isnt that the guy who got pissed on?"

also, dont call me a stupid fucking faggot ever again, I'll rain down on you like a fucking virus
>>
>>12285073
but those yeezys are nothing like athletic shoes and the general pop just lap it all up. meanwhile those rickdidas just stay on clearance rack all the fucking time. So many people can't be all wrong.
>>
>>12285071
Rick makes nice shoes, but some of them have retarded silhouhettes, but that's his goal, so whatever. Still sucks mostly, though

Raf makes either generic shit or idiotic nonsense

Kanye makes shoes that look like other shoes

lol
>>
The rafster
>>
Kanye >>> Rick >>>>>>>> Raf
>>
All 3 of these faggots suck ass at shoes design.

I mean look at these fucking things. What are those? Who would wear these pieces of crap?
>>
>>12285162
darth vader would, he's cool so your argument was disproved
>>
>Americucks
>good designer
>>
>>12285071
Rick > Raf > Kanye
Rick is best, but his shoes only work with a certain limited style. Raf's are easier to wear and are still cool. Kanye is just boring, wouldn't it be Kanye nobody would wear them, same trash-tier as NMDs and other hyped trash.
>>
>>12285162

Lets play a game of; Spot The Pleb
>>
>>12285073
>Raf claims to be minimalist

The state of this board bums me out.

Raf does not claim to be minimalist, Raf worked at Jil Sander, a minimalist brand, and because of that was labelled as a minimalist for a while. But any time he's asked about it, he says he's not a minimalist, which is pretty clear by his brand. Of course, if you only get your idea of minimalism from the > M I N I M A L I S M threads where high schoolers try to justify only wearing cheap basics from uniqlo, it's an easy mistake to make

Raf also doesn't plaster designs on shoes, he uses blocks of color, which is pretty De Stijl and within his influences. Gucci (Allessandro Michele) is who youre thinking of. Raf seems to be moving away from that back towards his older style, though, which I appreciate. I like osweegos, but otherwise his color shoes don't look great to me. Velcroes and the twin peaks boots, though, look very good.

Kanye's a hack and hasn't had an original thought in years, he just makes 1:1 copies of famous pieces because his following is unfamiliar with fashion and won't realize, gets shredded by the media, then says "I'm too good at designing that's why they don't like me"

Rick has really cool shoes, can't argue with that. I think he has much more polarity, in that his shoes either look phenomenal or awful to me, but I like that a lot better than seeing a designer who makes shoes that all look okay.

Rick>Raf, Kanye doesn't rank
>>
>>12285073
>raf claims to be a minimalist
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2013/sep/19/raf-simons-christian-dior
>"It is quite wrong to say I'm a minimalist,"
>>
File: michael_mummy_crashbandi_boots.png (353KB, 507x508px) Image search: [Google]
michael_mummy_crashbandi_boots.png
353KB, 507x508px
>>12285071
Michael Mummy is better than all 3 of those posers
>>
>>12285071
yohji
>>
>>12285071
Rick is best, Raf is boring, Kanye is a fucking rapper not a designer.
>>
>>12286096
thank you, we need more people like you.
Please post more often.
>>
>>12285071
Rick easily too many absolutley great models
Raf isn't really much of a shoe designer honestly, the adirafs are his best stuff though he has some gems like commando derbys
Kanye doesn't design shoes
>>
>>12286065
>Rick is best, but his shoes only work with a certain limited style
Bullshit, most of his adicollabs work with plenty of stuff, his sock stuff works with plenty of styles and most of his shoes aside from ramones and geos work with ton of things.
>>
>>12285080
>"rick owens? isnt that the guy who got pissed on?"
Things that nobody said ever
Who gives a fuck about what Rick Owens does in his private time? The clothes he designs are the only thing that matters
>>
>>12287447
his clothes suck though

I really hate Ricks and everything inspired by them
>>
>>12285071
HEDI
>>
>>12285073
why did I have to google that...
>>
>>12285071
did you piece this image together on a free online editor??? how did you even fuck up the crops to show the toolbar twice
>>
File: holorunners.jpg (184KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
holorunners.jpg
184KB, 640x640px
>>12286096
>I like osweegos, but otherwise his color shoes don't look great to me.
Holorunners look pretty good to me. I'd say ozweego's are a derivative of these, as you can clearly see how similar the silhouette is, and idea overall.
Ozweego also plays around with the textures more, in a bad way which makes it feel less uniform and clash more.
The holorunners plays out his paneled color idea off better than the ozweegoes does, because it is actually paneled with those reflecting shiny things.
>>
>>12286096
Best post.

>>12285073
Please put on a trip so everyone can filter you.
>>
>>12285071
Implying that nigger designed a clothing piece in his life.
>>
>>12285073
>anyone who refutes me is a butthurt faggot

ok
>>
>>12287545
Says the person who wears garbage streetwear and can't into anything
>>
>>12285843
Raf isn't American dumbass
>>
>>12288239
>being this idiot
Hence my answer is Raf since he is not american
>>
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/t-magazine/rick-owens-fashion-designer.html
Enjoy =)
>>
>>12288493
>my answer is Raf
You can see why we would be confused then.
>>
>>12288088
I just lay the images side by side and crop it using windows snipe tool.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170305-032951.png (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170305-032951.png
302KB, 1920x1080px
>>12290000
That's so dank, holy shit
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.