[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long should clothes last? Where can I get higher quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1483281408126.jpg (388KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1483281408126.jpg
388KB, 1803x1351px
How long should clothes last?
Where can I get higher quality clothes that last for years?
>>
>>12277278
depends on how often you wear them, how often you wash and tumble dry them. hang drying will help clothes last a lot longer.

quality differs from brand to brand and from one type of article to another. jeans will last longer than t-shirts, by nature of one being denim and the other jersey cotton, for example. fast fashion is generally pretty bad but ive had pants and jeans from H&M that last for years. highest quality and longest lasting clothes in my wardrobe are from nom de guerre, but the brand closed shop in like, 2010? i dont even know what generic mid end brands are good anymore. is it still acne and apc?
>>
>>12277312
Hmm recently had a pair of h&m pants get a crotch hole after like 2 years of heavy use, I've never really had an article last more than a few years.
>>
>>12277278
I have a pink marc jacobs sweater that is now two or three years old, still comfy, hasn't stretched and has kinda faded (though this makes the pink look much better imo). I've worn it religiously because it's my favorite article of clothing. If you want clothes to last longer use less detergent, no softener, don't put them in the dryer and wash on cold. Give it a spin cycle to suck out most of the water after the wash.
>>
>>12277312
Acne and APC are supposedly not that great anymore.
>>
>>12277341
this. quality construction and fabric is good but washing stuff properly is the most important

t. wearing a pair of Acne chinos from 2011 almost every day.
>>
>>12277341
>less detergent
Can't be overstated. the concentrated stuff doesn't measure properly in the cups and machines don't account for that either. I use a tablespoon at most and even then it feels too much.
>>
>>12277278
buy old stuff
>>
>>12277345
Supposedly because you're a poorfag and you can't afford them

They're both fine
>>
File: awepupper.jpg (85KB, 737x600px) Image search: [Google]
awepupper.jpg
85KB, 737x600px
>>12277341
>not drying
>washing cold
>little detergent

I've done this but my clothes started smelling, how to avoid that?
>>
>>12277278
Depends on the clothing piece, your usage, and the quality

Can range from weeks to decades
>>
>>12277457
Prewash and second rinse cycle on the machine, use cold water detergents
>>
>>12277278
This. Levis used to last at least 5 years, they were made with thick denim. Nowadays all jeans are thinner material, won't last more than 2 years of heavy use. Where do I get industrial-grade denim jeans?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.