[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

head shave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hey, guys, lately I have been toying with the head of shaving my head but I have never done it before and always have medium-long hair. Anyone got any experience to share?
>>
that guy hasn't shaved his head. he is bald on top, and short buzzed on the sides

just buzz as short as you can, OP. you will get a short stubble in a matter of days anyways.
>>
>>12271163
So, as I thought, there is a palpable difference between shaving and actually being bald
>>
>>12271172
yeah. you will still have tiny dots on your head where there are short hairs. you either need to wax or grow bald to get completely hair-free skin.
>>
>>12271194
ANd in your opinion, what looks better, full bald or full shave?
>>
>>12271200
neither. if you're not +8/10, it'll most likely make you look like a cancer patient, nazi, or inmate.

if you're male you're likely to end up bald (or bald-er) as you grow older. might as well enjoy it while you have it.
>>
Just do it! shaving your head is great fun and there is little risk as hair grows back. Worse case scenario you find out you have a weird shaped head, but you can just wear a hat for a month then you are good.

I tend to shave my head once a year just to enjoy the sudden change in my look then I get to enjoy my hair as it grows back through all the different lengths.
>>
>>12271212
Well, I wont grow bald, my genetics simply aren't that shit.
> cancer patient, nazi, or inmate.
I live near the beach, so I'll tan it easy, as for the rest...Who cares? People who would think of me as such just because of how I look are people I could never give a fuck about.
>>
>>12271216
Aye, that's a good way to see it. The worst thing that could happen would just be having to wear hats (which I already usually do anyway) for a month or 2.
>>
Just do it! shaving your head is great fun and there is little risk as hair grows back. Worse case scenario you find out you have a weird shaped head, but you can just wear a hat for a month then you are good.

I tend to shave my head once a year just to enjoy the sudden change in my look then I get to enjoy my hair as it grows back through all the different lengths. I do have very fast growing hair though, it is visibly different one week after having shaved my head.

>>12271200
Don't go for the smooth bald look as it will be a pain to maintain. Just grab a set of clippers and some attachments. Start off shaving down to blade 5, see what you think then get shorter and shorter till you are happy. Going straight to blade 0.5 might not be what you are after. I have no idea if the whole 'blade' system is universal or not. Here in the UK it's what we use.
>>
>>12271216
>>12271221
No idea how that happened. You'll probably be quite surprised how quickly your hair grows.
>>
>>12271223
Well, I plan to go to the barber to get it done, so I'm sure he can offer some advice during the whole thing

>>12271227
Well, my barber who has known me for a while always gets surprised with how much hair grows between each visit, so I'm not concerned
>>
>>12271228
>barber
I'm not from round these parts so maybe this is going to be an unpopular opinion. But! Personally I find nothing beats the experience of getting your housemate/sibling/friend/boy/girlfriend to shave your head for you. Bonding. And if you are like me there is something incredibly relaxing about having someone close touch your head. Having said that I do miss having a good relationship with a barber.
>>
>>12271237
Might do that for the next times. First time, though, I feel like should be done by someone who knows what he's doing
>>
>>12271239
Having it done by a barber /should/ give you a different look to doing it at home. Last time I had it done professionally the guy used multiple blade lengths to almost 'fade' the sides and back. Nothing immediately noticeable but there was a subtle difference to the slightly rougher DIY look you get from just using one blade all over. Both looks have their time and place but I do prefer the single blade look.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.