[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/skin/ - Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 46

File: :skin:.jpg (381KB, 994x994px) Image search: [Google]
:skin:.jpg
381KB, 994x994px
Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients.

"Please don't post your acne as thread picture next time you create skincare general cause it's disgusting" edition
>>
>>12253177
Just my opinion but dark bags under the eyes are effie AF
>>
>>12253197
Beaty is subjective. I also like that look, but most people probably prefer that healthy look.
>>
Is there any way of getting dark patches under the eyes?
>>
does anyone else take supplements? I take a multivitamin every day as well as a cod liver oil capsule and it's working wonders for my skin

also, everyone post your routines

AM
>shower
>wipe face with micellar water on a cotton pad
>immediately put on lotion (C&C dual action moisturizer)
>immediately after, put on sunscreen (Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry touch, SPF 110)
then I dry my hair, get dressed, etc, and after that I put on my makeup

PM
>first thing I do when I get home is wipe my face with micellar water again
>before bed, I wash with CeraVe foaming
>wait for a while, then put on CosRX blackhead power liquid
>wait for a while, then put on Paula's Choice 8% AHA gel
>put tea tree oil on any huge swollen pimples
>wait at least 30 min, then moisturize with Cerave PM and go to sleep
>>
>>12253177
>tfw I keep scratching my skin
>>
File: OG Fire.jpg (123KB, 1190x944px) Image search: [Google]
OG Fire.jpg
123KB, 1190x944px
Anyone here use Jack Black face care products? Or is cetaphil the way to go?
>>
>>12253291
Smoking, sleeping less than your body is used to, not eating much.
>>12253314
No need to combine moisturizer with sunscreen I think.
Make sure to not wash your face too much.
Also do you really have to shower everyday? Why in the morning and not before going to bed?
And no I don't take supplements, I thought about taking them, but I'm still not sure whether they even work.

>>12253330
Moisturize your face well enough and it will pass sooner or later.

>>12253339
Cetaphil my man, their cleansers and moisturizers do the job.

I'm on my anti-acne routine now, not sure what happened but I'm breaking out like crazy.
AM
>cetaphil cleanser
>wipe face
>bp 10% (only in most terrible places)
>wait 10-15 minutes
>neutrogena sunscreen (I'll replace it with kiehl's soon most likely)

lots of water in the meantime

PM
>cetaphil cleanser
>bp 10% on whole face
>10-15 minutes
>cetaphil moisturizer

Everytime I apply something or wipe my face I do it as gently as possible, not sure if it helps, but why not to try?
>>
>>12253197
until you start getting old and just look like you've aged badly.
>>
>not using reverse psychology on your skin
I take bacon grease and cleanse my face with it
>>
i quit using cleanser and exfoliation and it fixed my skin. now i only use moisturizers and nothing else.
>>
Eat two carrots a day and in a month you'll have a very nice non-tan like glow. Look it up
>>
>>12253197
it only looks good if you look good
then it's heroin chic

otherwise it just adds to everything ugly
>>
>>12253429
I don't like the cetaphil cleanser t b h
doesn't feel like it cleans the skin.
I want it squeky
>>
>>12253197
only if you're young and thin and have perfect skin otherwise, but lbr in adult professional environments dark circles make you look tired and possibly on drugs
>>
>>12253197
stop watching anime retard
>>
>>12255513
Do 2 rounds of washing and see how you feel - if you're looking for that skin-tightening effect stronger cleansers have know that it usually causes your skin to overproduce oil to compensate.

>>12253429
>not sure what happened but I'm breaking out like crazy.
First off - I remember reading that BP percentage actually does little difference in regards to fighting bacteria - it mainly only carries more negative effects.
I'd suggest you switch to 5% or 2.5% (those are the increments I know off).
Any changes in your diet lately?
Also note how you wash your skin - I know that when I had breakouts I would get pissed off and be more aggressive with my skin which led to longer breakouts.
>>
Are there any shaving creams/soaps that don't dry the hell out of your skin?
>>
>>12255530
LOL
>>
>>12255550
>it usually causes your skin to overproduce oil to compensate

I tried to find a possible mechanism in the skin for this, but I didn't find any science on it. afaik the sebum glands can't change their output based on skin dryness/exterior sebum levels, even though of course it would be great for them to be able to do so
>>
Whats the best way to deal with blackheads?
The rest of my acne is under control but my nose looks like the million man march
>>
>>12253177
is this pic a meme or is it the best product of each category? for example, is cetaphil gentle skin cleanser better than cerave foaming facial cleanser?
>>
how can i cure acne redness lads
>>
File: 20170221_114259.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_114259.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Does anyone know what this shit is on my shoulders and how to get rid of them, seems like some kind of acne, looks much worse irl
>>
>>12255550
Yeah I was using 5% bp but I felt like it did nothing, maybe I'm just shitty at applying it. I'm very gentle now. Sometimes I think I just should get a prescription for accutane and stop giving a shit.
>>
>>12256610
When taking a shower, do you wash your entire body with soap and scrub with a loofa? If not then you need to.
>>
>>12256616
I think you should also consider that maybe your routine is a bit too harsh on your skin - I used to have a similar routine to yours and I always had "okayish" skin but I never broke through to real clearness or at least comfortably looking at my face on a close mirror - that changed when I started cleaning once a day using only very light cleansers (cetaphil cerave and the like) instead of twice, exfoliated twice a week, dropped the BP and got my moisturizer amounts right - it was a bit counter-intuitive at the start but consider that some skins take longer to heal so they can never fully grow right if you keep cleaning and applying stuff like you do on a bi-daily routine - my skin finally got good and I even got a couple of compliments which has never happened.
Another thing I did is start taking zinc and vitamin D - it's mostly because I'm training but I think it might be worth mentioning in case that helped some way.
Good luck anyway.

>>12255639
You know desu, I remember googling it a while back and while I couldn't find direct studies there are enough people who have experienced this effect to warrant giving it a try in my IMO
>>
>>12256610
I had that stuff, I stopped showering using body gel and switched to that basic dove body wash and started using a body moisturizer every other day.
>>
How to get rid of dark red/brown spots due to acne? And indentation in skin
>>
is Aveeno daily moisturizer suitable as a morning and evening facial moisturizer?
>>
Morning:
>wash face in shower (always last, so my pores have time to open up) with It's Skin Prestige d' Escargot cleanser
>Spritz face with bottle filled with Art Naturals Vitamin C Witch Hazel Toner, allow to dry naturally
>Apply It's Skin Prestige d' Escargot serum or Derma E Hydrating Serum
>Apply Derma E Deep Wrinkle Peptide Cream
>Apply Neutrogena Age-Shield Face SPF 110
>carry the sunscreen with me in case I need to reapply

Nighttime:
>once I'm home and am not going anywhere, I wipe my face with Aveeno Positively Radiant face wipe
>before bed, wash face with Derma E CoQ10 face cleanser
>spritz face again with Art Naturals Vitamin C Witch Hazel toner and let dry
>apply Derma E Deep Wrinkle Peptide Serum
>apply Derma E Hydrating Night Cream

Once a week: alternate between glycolic acid peel and lactic acid peel (straight acid peel applied with a cotton ball and left on for 2-3 minutes, never longer or your skin will burn)
Every two weeks, or when I feel like my skin really needs it - use a charcoal mask.
>>
How often, and at what point(s) during the day, should I moisturize my face?
>>
>eyebrows literally have dandruff now and the skin right above them is red and dry.

Mosturizing the fuck out of does nothing and I can't use dandruff shampoo on them without getting some in my eyes. What do I do?
>>
>>12257087
Exfoliate your eyebrows with a washcloth (don't use "exfoliator scrub") every time you shower. After you shower, pat your eyebrows with witch hazel on a cotton ball. Then moisturize.
>>
>>12257087
JUST
>>
>>12256610
can't believe nobody has said this already but it's incredibly likely you just have keratosis pilaris. it's very common. you need to exfoliate and moisturize daily. best thing to exfoliate with is one of those body gloves but make sure you do it after warm water has softened up your skin a bit. within a few weeks it should be basically gone gl
>>
exfoliate before or after cleansing?
>>
>>12256800
Alright I will try smaller amounts of bp first and I'll see how it goes. Did you start eating products with zinc and vitamin d or just took supplements?
>>
>>12257087
> I can't use dandruff shampoo on them without getting some in my eyes
Consider closing your eyes

>>12257890
Supplements, I heard zinc especially has really helped some people with acne - again, I can't say that's definitely what helped me but I thought it was worth mentioning for the sake of science. Good luck senpai.
>>
>>12253197
Agatha is effay as hell, I agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsM-pj3Pdk
>>12253291
I get anywhere from 4-6 hours of sleep everyday, and I don't take naps during the day. The baggy eyes/dark circles are coming along very nicely. Don't torture yourself for them. Just to bed a bit later, and wake up earlier.
I usually sleep around 1:00am and wake up at 5:30am
>>
File: Screenshot (10).png (338KB, 1015x497px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (10).png
338KB, 1015x497px
>>12253177
for face scrub I use brown sugar and olive oil for toner I use apple cider vinegar and for moisturizer I use coconut oil. (I use coconut oil for oil pulling as well because it helps get rid of acne) Since ALL bar soap does is clog your pores you should never use it, stick to the alternative instead. To exfoliate I use pic related.
>>
>>12257087
Try coconut oil
>>
Does BB Cream do anything besides being an entry level foundation?
>>
>>12256610
That's Keratosis Pillaris, get intense moisturizers and do it twice daily. Exfoliate with a loofah but don't scrub on it hard.
>>
my skin is actually pretty clear and smooth for the most part, but i ALWAYS have at least three or four whiteheads somewhere on my face and while they usually go away in 1-2 days they always leave behind tiny red/pink marks and it's fucking annoying

they're always along my cheeks and jawline and i'm thinking it's dirt or whatever getting trapped in the follicles of my facial hair, but even when i shave they pop back up

do i need to exfoliate more?
>>
>>12253177
does anyone know if vyvanse affects skin negatively? it might just be that im consuming more dairy in protein shakes but id like to know.
>>
>>12257087
seborrheic dermatitis

>>12257693
this is correct
>>
I have rash behind ears. What is this?
>>
>>12258406
Well, how often are you exfoliating?

>>12258817
Probably psoriasis but could be a form of dandruff or eczema. A simple steroid cream will fix this.
>>
>>12253429
Most sunscreens do not have moisturizing properties. That neutrogena one is particularly drying.

>>12255493
You were probably using shitty products/the wrong formulae for your face.

>>12257736
After

>>12258119
Sugar is natural but there's no reason to use it to scrub your face.

>>12258252
This is the only best answer to this problem. Ammonium lactate and AHAs work well together to fight KP. You can exfoliate without manually exfoliating.

>>12257087
Get a steroid cream and put it on before you sleep.
>>
Cerave moisturizing face wash once a day in the shower. Otherwise just rinse face with cold water.
>>
File: 51Cg+3hjPbL.jpg (39KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
51Cg+3hjPbL.jpg
39KB, 500x470px
I've started using this as of last week.
Absolutely fucking amazing.
Great smell, not too abraisive, covers your skin in a nice film rather than lathers up, and leaves your face feeling so nice afterwards!
Got a massive tub that will last easily a year.
>>
>>12258830
>I have rash behind my ears
>It's probably psoriasis

lol wut
eczema or sebderm is way more common than psoriasis, and more likely.
>>
>>12259031
Holy fuck do not use this.
>>
what the fuck do i do about scarring and redness? it's driving me crazy
>>
>>12257693
>>12258252
Thanks a lot I hadn't heard of this, I'll buy a loofah and some moisturiser
>>
>>12259067

Bio-oil, or things with vitamin e in general. I use this one on acne scars and stretch marks and I like it.
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Oil-2oz-Multiuse-Skincare-Oil/dp/B000VPPUEA?th=1

There are more aggressive ones to use on your body, like merderma advanced, but I have sensitive face skin and it made me peel so I'd only recommend it on body scars.
>>
>>12259675
thanks anon, i'll give it a try!
>>
>>12259043
And why not?
>>
File: young pope.png (2MB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
young pope.png
2MB, 719x1280px
First time in these threads so edify me.

How the fuck do I get rid of racoon eyes? I cleanse, use a Vitamin-C serum and moisturize. Sleep well, stay hydrated. Really not that much of a difference
>>
>>12259891
I don't know if this will work for you but this is what I did for my dark under eyes.

>Drink lots of green tea
>rinse your face with (cold) green tea
>open green tea bags, take the tea leaves out, mix with honey and make a scrub. leave on your face for 10mins
>place already used tea bags under your eyes/ on top of your closed eyes and leave for as long as you can
>tomato juice under eyes
I did all of those things last night, and when I woke up in the morning, not ALL of the dark under eye was gone but it was really noticeably less.
>>
>acne on face has almost completely disappeared, only one or two zits pop up on forehead nowadays, along with a couple stubborn fuckers on the back of my neck
>face is still tinged red, won't seem to go away after months of moisturizing and cleaning the fuck out of it
What the hell, guys.
>>
>>12259935
>fuckers on the back of my neck
Change your pillow case every two days(flip over to get one night on each side), change sheets once a week, wash your neck with cetaphil or whatever you use on your neck after shampoo and conditioning to wash off residual soap
>>
>>12255530
I hate anime
>>
>>12253177
forgive me if this information is in the sticky but i have a question.

I'm almost 27 now, and ever since about age 13 i've had dry peeling skin on my face. it's worse around my nose and in between my eye brows. No amount of exfoliating, or lack thereof, or moisturizing, or lack thereof has ever cured it. The only thing that slightly helps is this microdermabrasion shit in pic related but only for about 24 hours then i start flaking like crazy again.

I don't really know what to do. I've never been able to figure it out and i'd love to finally rid myself of this awful condition.
>>
>shitty severe cystic acne for years
>fancy solution after fancy solution all fail, 3 month trial periods for every one
>every suggested AM/PM solution fail
>salicylic acid, no popping, benzyol peroxide, all fail, no matter the schedule used
>horrifying scarring on clear days, bleeding constantly on bad days (a few days a month were usually bad enough that there would be a little bit of blood and pus on the pillow when I woke up)
>even do meme minimalist solutions like oil cleansing with coconut oil, vegetable oil, each tried daily for a month
>aztec mud masks fail
>almost consider isotretinoin (Accutane) but really don't want cancer/depression/permanent flaky skin
>get really close to doing it
>but wait!
>move from CA to CO
>start using Dr Bronners during hot shower, basic no-brand moisturizer and no-brand sunscreen immediately afterwards, every morning, nothing in the evenings
>8+ hours of sleep a night no matter what
>face clears up completely in a week
>scarring heals up over the course of a month
>no more acne at all except for tiny zits once a month or so
>mfw
>>
>>12260096
>mfw image upload failed with no warning
>mfw no face
>>
>>12253291
Lol, do people actually want this or is this a meme? I have naturally really dark patches and it fucking sucks

But I guess what >>12253429 said + being pale
>>
I'm taking Accutane, I'm almost done with it and my acne is cured, anyone here mind sharing their experience with Accutane?
>>
>>12259884
Using a physical exfoliant over-exfoliates your skin and leaves small scars, making your skin more vulnerable to breakouts. This is the first face wash for a lot of teens so it makes sense that it makes your skin feel nice after, but most face washes will do the same.
By conflating washing with exfoliating, St Ives tricks you into thinking it is cleaning and saving your skin when really it is damaging it further, drying it out and setting you up for a wrinkly future.
>>
>>12260139
I was once in love with a guy who was taking Accutane. Every time we kissed his lips would bleed and I felt bad.
>>
>>12260141
Yes, if you use it every single day that's bound to happen...
I use it once or twice a week!
>>
>>12260067
considered seborrheic dermatitis?
>>
somebody redpill me on wheatgrass
>>
>regarding dairy and acne
i eat fair amount of dairy
milk in cereal at breakfast, cheese for lunch/supper, milk in coffee 3+ cups a day
feel like i need to change, but what's a good replacement? dairy just tastes so good
(not looking for a literal faux-dairy replacement, just something of a similar role in meals)
>>
>>12260139
Totally cleared up my acne, fucked my right hip joint up temporarily tho which was fucking annoying. Also I'm now depressed and anxious but I doubt that has anything to do with the medication
>>
I'm new to this thread, could anyone with grease skin tell me their skincare routine? How do you keep your skin clear without looking like you run a marathon?
>>
>>12261196
For cooking(tomato bisque, mac n cheese, etc) I use soy and it gets the job done. For just as an addition to things, like milk in cereal or in a smoothie/coffee, I use coconut. For crumbled cheese on things(nachos/burritos) I use cashew.
Cutting dairy really cleared my skin up, you're on the right track. Other things to look at could be chocolate, fried food, or oily food like peanut butter/nutella.

Some people have a dairy intolerance and that's why they break out, but you might not. A good way to test it is to cut it out for 2 months, if it doesn't improve you need to look elsewhere.
>>
Everyone post your favourite gentle cleansers please.
>>
File: 1477276460585.png (103KB, 454x625px) Image search: [Google]
1477276460585.png
103KB, 454x625px
>>12261341
>>
File: Untitled.png (470KB, 1017x717px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
470KB, 1017x717px
Here's all the shit I use. (Dry skin here)

>The cleanser is alright, dries my skin but my pores do look smaller.

>I just started using the moisturizer but it's doing good so far plus it's $5 for a big ass tub.

>Biore is the sunscreen I can stand wearing since it seems all sunscreen here in the U.S is greasy, heavy, smelly, shit.

>Amlactin did wonders for my KP, it's still there but much improved.

>Safety razor gives me a much better shave and shave soap doesn't fuck my skin like canned gel does.

I also use Everyday Shea body wash which is enough to moisturize the rest of my body.

Wouldn't mind recommendations for new cleanser but this one works just fine.
>>
>>12253314
I can't find the source anymore, but I've read that the cosrx bha isn't the right ph to be effective. You might want to try paula's choice or stridex redbox or something. Also, tea tree oil should always be diluted, not put directly on the skin as it can be irritating.

>>12255513
If you don't like it use something else, there are better cleansers out there. I don't know why fa jerks off to the stuff

>>12258100
I do hope you're trolling, sleep deprivation will fuck your skin and body up

>>12258119
Sugar can cause tears in your skin, it's better to use a chemical defoliator for your face.Coconut oil can clog pores as well, but ymmv

>>12259019
At the very least use a sunscreen and moisturizer, bud

>>12259031
>>12259043 is right, listen to them. They've even got lawsuits going on right now because it damages peoples' skin. The walnut shells they use have jagged edges that create tiny tears in your skin
>>
>>12259891
Depends on the cause but it's genetics and caused by thinning skin there's not much you can do short of fillers, desu. But take care of your skin to keep it from getting worse. And please, start using a daily sunscreen.
>>
What actives do you guys use?

I'm on a cocktail of L Ascorbic (C15) Acid, Niacinamide, Azelaic Acid, BHA (Salicylic), and 2% Retinoid.

Tips of newbies: there is no more important step in skincare than sunscreen. I use COSRX's SPF 50 PA+++ Aloe Suncream.
>>
File: stirling soap.jpg (109KB, 980x782px) Image search: [Google]
stirling soap.jpg
109KB, 980x782px
>>12255553
>>
File: Skinfix_Face_Group_x5_1024x1024.jpg (58KB, 1000x734px) Image search: [Google]
Skinfix_Face_Group_x5_1024x1024.jpg
58KB, 1000x734px
Does anyone know about skinfix? Are they really actually good or is there a more effective alternative?
>>
AM
>Wash face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
>Apply Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 mucin power essence

PM
>Cetaphil cleanser
>Neutrogena Rapid tone repair moisturizer
>Snail essence

Been doing this for almost two weeks and it's already made a noticeable difference.
Anything I should add though ? Sunscreen ?
>>
File: are you kidding meeeee.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
are you kidding meeeee.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
Does cystic acne go away just like regular whiteheads? I never really had many problems with cystic acne before but now I'm breaking out hardcore on my left cheek. Kill me.
>>
>>12262354
Yes, sunscreen. That's pretty good for a basic routine, do you have any specific issues you want to target?
>>
>>12262412
ya, best thing to do is wait
and wait
and wait

and DO NOT touch anything
>>
>>12257087
Wash the red and flaky areas with tar based shampoo. I use Neutrogena T Gel. Only use it two to three times a week.

After you shower, when your eyebrows are dry, put some hydrocortisone on it. Or go to your doctor and get a prescription for amcinonide 0.1 to make it go away faster.
>>
>>12256944
show us your face
>>
Any anons here have an experience with skin bleaching?

What are some skin whitening/lightening creams that won't give me cancer?
>>
Ever since I've come to America from Canada I've had nigh-constant chin breakouts. I've had successful luck treating them with Cerave cleanser, rosewater toner and Cerave moisturizer but they just keep fucking coming back. Right now I have the biggest clusterfuck on my face right now ever and I want to die. I think it's the American food tbqh
>>
Anyone recommend me a good quality dermaroller that won't break the bank?
>>
>>12262498
Not really I just want to get rid of the blemishes. My face never gets oily and hasn't gotten extremely dry like it used to since I started the routine.
>>
File: IMG_1139.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1139.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
can someone tell me what this red irritated area on my chest is? even went to my dermatologist and the bitch couldnt tell me shit. ive had it for years it sfucking annoying.
>>
File: IMG_20170223_231226.jpg (747KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170223_231226.jpg
747KB, 1080x1920px
Help me famu's. Skin keeps peeling off my fingers and it won't stop. I usually get my teeth and rip flakes off. Pic related - looks like I was in the water but this is what they always look like
>>
>>12262812
Are you in California? They have really bad air pollution problems there.

Also really bad food

Couldn't breathe properly in Commiefornia. It sucked,,
>>
Help!!!! I have so many scabs on my head. I have a shower literally every 2nd day and I use a shampoo with the sulphate stuff in it.

It seems to be scabs forming where my headphones go over my head. Anyone else ever have this problem?
>>
File: 16933991_102103210.jpg (54KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
16933991_102103210.jpg
54KB, 540x720px
What can i do please ? i want to fill my cheeks to hide the holes above my jaws , i really don't like the shape it has
>>
>>12260139
I've been on it for a month and it's cleared up all spots and I rarely get them anymore, just waiting for the red marks to fade now.

It absolutely destroyed my sex drive though and I no longer have the urge to jerk off, I hope this comes back even slightly after I finish the course.
>>
File: california-map15.jpg (957KB, 2201x2368px) Image search: [Google]
california-map15.jpg
957KB, 2201x2368px
>>12263211
Not him but only the shitty parts of California are like that, pic related
the mountains and the coast are pretty nice and don't have too many people
>>
i stopped eating excess sugar (soft drinks, chocolate, crisps, desert) and my face totally cleared up in 2 weeks. I'm 22 and i've never had such clear skin in my life.

Sugar face is real, my friends.
>>
Toner comes before or after moisturiser?
>>
>>12260743
if it is that, it's super mild. and i believe i was prescribed ketoconazole when i was younger and it kind of helped but just made me break out and be really greasy instead.
>>
Is there any way to get paler skin? I'm not exactly brown, but i'd like to have pale skin.

Please help, im new to skin care, so if you recommend products i might not even know how to use them correctly.
>>
>>12264299
S C I E N C E
>>
File: biotin.jpg (438KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
biotin.jpg
438KB, 2000x1000px
What's a good brand of Biotin to buy?

Also what supplements are good to take to promote skin health?
>>
>>12265703
what do you take biotin supplements for?
>>
>>12264476
Cleanser -> toner -> serum -> moisturizer -> sunscreen
>>
i have a regular moisturizing facewash and an acne treating facewash, which one should i use first? should i use both at the same time? whats the order?
>>
gonna ask here too since the question concerns my scalp

Shampoo irritates my scalp and I typically don't shampoo at all. I've started using coconut oil as per recommendation from my barber in order to help my scalp when it gets irritated. Can I leave coconut oil in indefinitely? Like apply it in the shower and not wash it out? I assume I would only do it once a week

other details: I'm a bicycle courier and wear a helmet 20-30 hours a week, there is a lot of sweat
>>
I need a moisturizer, I'm hetero so I'd like it to be the most basic possible but still good quality and non pore clogging. Any suggestions?
>>
>>12265618

bump
>>
File: 91nMiYercdL._SL1500_.jpg (279KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91nMiYercdL._SL1500_.jpg
279KB, 1500x1500px
>>12267060
>>
>>12265618
bump
>>
>>12260096
What product of Dr Bronners did you use?
>>
>>12267060
I've been using Live Clean's soothing daily moisturizer lately and I like it. It absorbs quickly, comes in a decent quantity at a low price. So far hasn't given me any issues.

>>12267077
I bought CeraVe's AM SPF 30 sunscreen and that shit pills hard when you apply it. Are the rest of CeraVe's lotions like this?
>>
>>12255769
Seconding this
>>
>>12263208
You should probably see a dermatologist
>>
>>12263667
embrace it dude, skele face is /fa/ as fuck
>>
>>12253177
My lips are chapped af, i only drink water, been using lip balm once a day for more than a week now but i can't help licking them every once in awhile cause they hurt how do i refrain from doing it
>>
>>12269693
licking them doesn't do that much.
use more lip balm. go to the pharmacy and ask for good thick moisturizers.
>>
just got on doxycycline and epiduo but I think I started breaking out more after the antibiotic. what should i do
>>
>>12262714
I wouldn't recommend lightening your skin but if you want to improve tone, by which I mean evening out dark spots, I would recommend products with high concentrations of "arbutin". Avoid the go-to lightener hydroquinone
>>
>>12263071
It's rosacea bro
>>
>>12266884
coconut oil is okay to use on hair and the body. Skin on the face reacts to it differently. It should be okay as long as you don't use anything excessively. I'm sure you've already heard of avoiding shampoos formulates with SLS and, depending on how sensitive you are, silicone (which many but not all conditioners have)
>>
>>12267060
>>12267077
>>12269153

You might want to switch CeraVe products with Muji skincare (Muji is greate imo, price and quality-wise - and this comes from somebody who gravitates towards high-end stuff)
>>
>>12265618
>>12267508
look for niacinamide products maybe but has a very minimal effect on lightening/brightening skin and invest in a good quality sunscreen

>>12266853
moisturizing face wash in morning, acne for night

>>12266884
not really a hair expert but i suggest leaving coconut oil in your hair overnight once or twice a week

>>12255769
>>12269395
BHA products, rec Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. please be sure to patch test and use it once or twice a week before moving onto daily use. be consistent and patient and you will see results in a couple months. don't screw with or touch the blackheads either.

>>12262412
don't touch that shit, get some hydrocolloid bandages for acne, look up how to properly use them and pray, or spot treatment like tea tree oil

>>12261967
on AHA and BHA rn and vitamin C is such a godsend for PIH

>>12261316
i have hella oily skin too, can't completely control the oil but has subsided a lot compared to before. here's one of my simpler routines:

rule- don't touch your face ever or let hair touch it and dont skimp out on moisturizer

>Paulas Choice Resist (Oily Skin) Cleanser
>Bretanna Witch Hazel (Orange) Toner
>Nature Republic Aqua Max Cream (the blue one, hella cooling moisturizer, fucking great)
>throughout day when you get oily, use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
>>
>>12261967
are you layering niacinamide with l-ascorbic acid/bha?
>>
Tbh senpai I use the moisturizer from Dollar Shave Club and it's GOAT if a little pricey
>>
>>12270196
>Dollar Shave Club
>a little pricey

wut?
>>
>>12270204
It's 2oz

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/our-products/protect/face-moisturizer
>>
File: IMG_2466.jpg (20KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2466.jpg
20KB, 355x355px
I used to wear common sunscreen like Neutrogena but now I stopped because the feel and smell made me nauseous, especially when you're in a hot car. And it made my face feel greasy.
Anyone know sunscreen that's more watery and doesn't have that sickening smell? I heard that Biore Watery Essence was good but I'm not sure if most stores have it. I'd rather buy straight up then shop online for it
>>
>>12269693
Plain Vaseline is literally the best at fixing dry lips. Buy one of those mini ones and just apply to your lips whenever it starts getting dry again
>>
>>12253339
I find jack black products superior to every other brand I've tried, or at least my skin thinks so.
>>
File: IMG_20170226_230435.jpg (992KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170226_230435.jpg
992KB, 1920x1080px
This is my forehead at the moment. All I do is but Cetaphil wash on my face for like 1 seconds in the shower and then wash it off.

My freckels and skin are probably the worst thing about my face. Apart from fat and my lips. But I know how to fix the fat.

Anyway, pic related. Always have tons of black heads in my fore head and I just have way too many ugly freckles.
>>
Hey /fa/ I am visitor this well dressed land to ask about Astringent. Just found out is exists from your wiki. I have finally got to a point in my life where I no longer get spots. However, I do have visible pores on my nose and forehead and would like to get rid of them. I eat well, drink plenty of water and get a lot of exercise. The one caveat is that I work /out/side in a dusty, dirty environment. Would Astringent help me? Should I exfoliate regularly?
>>
Hey /fa/ I am visitor to this well dressed land to ask about Astringent. Just found out is exists from your wiki. I have finally got to a point in my life where I no longer get spots. However, I do have visible pores on my nose and forehead and would like to get rid of them. I eat well, drink plenty of water and get a lot of exercise. The one caveat is that I work /out/side in a dusty, dirty environment. Would Astringent help me? Should I exfoliate regularly?
>>
>>12271262
>>12271264
Oh ffs.
>>
>>12265697
STHLM what's your routine?
>>
>>12271268
there is a delete button btw.
>>
my cheeks are constantly red and a little rough, what do I do?
>>
>>12271410
check for rosacea
>>
>>12271778
yes, but how do I fix it?
>>
>>12272090
See a good dermatologist if you want real help for a medical condition like rosacea.
>>
Is there a way to reduce dryness of the skin with supplements? I really hate spending 30 fucking minutes every single fucking day rubbing my awful fucking skin with expensive fucking lotions that barely fucking do anything. Fuck, I hate my skin.
>>
i need help with facial hair removal
i wanna be able to kiss a boy without disgusting him with my stubble
>>
>>12272331
wax, or laser.
those are your options.
>>
Anyone might know how to make your skin more tight?
My skin has a big elasticity and it makes my face fat (big baby cheeks).
I'm afraid when I'll get older, I'll have the same as Marlon Brando in the Godfather, without the hotness ofc
>>
>>12260139
I weight 58 kg at 176 cm tall, took doses of 60mg,80mg and 100mg during 6 months it ended in january 2017.

Light Side effects that i Had
>Dry and flaky skin
>Dry eyes, cannot use contact lenses for long periods of time
>Dry Lips
>Tired all th time

Serious Side effects
>Libido went down
>hair thinning(went away after i was done with accutane)
>Inflamed uretha, cant touch my pants with my D, it hurted so much
>>
>>12270210
Point I was actually making was why is it called the dollar shave club, a name that implies value, when the products are expensive.
>>
>>12271262
can't make your pores smaller I am afriad.
what you can do is keep them clean and maintain their size. Salycilic solutions are good pore cleaners.
>>
File: naptha.jpg (28KB, 486x249px) Image search: [Google]
naptha.jpg
28KB, 486x249px
night shower
>alba acnedote scrub or wash
>ren flash hydro boost
>belif true cream moisturizing bomb
>shiseido anti dark circles eye cream

sometimes i'll take a lil josie maran argan oil and rub that into the outer corners of my eye or my smile lines just to make sure they don't start crinkling. I don't shower every day so when i don't shower i usually just hit my face with a cotton pad soaked with witch hazel.

I had acne when i was younger and my grandmother gave me the best advice, which her school nurse told everyone back in the day...
take some good ol fels-naptha, rub it onto a washcloth or face washing aparatus of your choice, and gently wash your face with it. make sure your hands are clean when you moisturize after. worked perfect for me, costs $2
>>
File: help me.png (774KB, 716x636px) Image search: [Google]
help me.png
774KB, 716x636px
>>12253177

Why the fuck are my eyes so wrinkly and dry/ashy/fucked? I started going to a jacuzzi/steam room/ sauna quite often and maybe that's affected it. I can't buy many skin products besides exfoliant and moisturizer, for personal reasons, but since its all I use the point is I doubt my products are doing this to my skin, especially since I've been using the same shit since forever. Furthermore, my balls and dick are itchy as FUCK and I don't know why. I'm positive it isn't an STD, since I'm a virgin.
>>
hey /fa/, I read that showering every day is bad for your skin and can destroy the horny layer. Is this true? I shower and swim fairly often at my gym. Also, are cold showers actually beneficial at all?
>>
File: help me 2.jpg (67KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
help me 2.jpg
67KB, 360x640px
>>12253177
>>12274981

better pic
>>
>>12269693
lip balm doesn't do much for actually moisturizing your lips, neither does vaseline. all they do is form a protective barrier over your lips so that they don't lose moisture to your environment but they don't absorb any either. use lanolin or "nipple cream" on your lips. it's pretty cheap and will soothe your lips instantly.
>>
>>12274986 the fuck is the "horny layer"?
>>
>>12253339
wtc white pilot boots?
>>
I just used a comedone extractor and used too much pressure when popping. My skin is pretty red and inflamed, how can I get rid this?
>>
>>12266492
are serums and toners worth it?

ive never purchased it before
>>
What should I go with to get rid of red spots left after acne? I thought about AHA or dermarolling but I have no idea whether that can help.
>>
>>12271259
Bump. Please help
>>
File: tumblr_mrp67end6U1qdvu40o1_1280.jpg (130KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrp67end6U1qdvu40o1_1280.jpg
130KB, 600x462px
>tfw clear skin for the four months of summer holidays
>week before uni starts
>massive breakout

fuck my life. fuck my life. fuck. my. life.
i'm not even stressed about uni. i wasn't even thinking about uni. why does this have to happen now? what about all those qts i meet? first impressions are everything.

I know its maybe melodramatic but this shit gets me low as fuck seriously. it'd be ok if it werent that i been dealing with this forever. i'm too old for this. someone hug me. :(
>>
got prescribed accutane

i guess this is it lads
>>
>>12275905
the fuck is "google"?
>>
>>12274994
>>12274981

please respond

Are saunas bad for your skin?
>>
i find with pimple stuff u need to rotate your stuff evey month

so try benzac, tea tree oil, overpriced creamy shit etc
u can return to effective ones again
it isnt instant always
use a variety of methods

any thoughts on shower temperature?
>>
>>12276297
anti-inflammatories:
witchazel over face
salicylic acid over area
cool temperatures (cool water)
tea bags (or green tea bags)
aloe vera gel
drinking hot water (no immediate results but works well in conjunction)

I've use all and they worked in calming my skin down.
>>
>>12276830
>i'm not even stressed about uni

perhaps you are, deep down inside.
>>
>>12277107
you can't be using the same shit all the time for your skin.

high temperatures are not great for skin.
It's important to sweat it out and clear out your pores but you need to avoid high temperatures in general. You might have damaged your moisture barrier. In order to rebuild that back up you need to actually invest in your skin and be fairly observant (at least for a while until your problems subside). creams with ceramide are great - physiogel is cheap and good. You need to use a gentle cleanser (NOT cetaphil goddamit) - Sukin is value for money, so are cleansers in the Boots brand and Lush.

for dehydrated skin days:
After cleansing apply a moisturizing facial oil (i.e. rosehip oil or argan oil)
wait for the oil to sink in a bit
then apply a moisturizer

this is as pared-down as I could make it for you
>>
>>12277115
any thoughts on shower temperature?
never too high
avoid heating as much as possible
>>
>>12253177
Shilling Exposed Skincare for acne
Fixed my face, cystic acne on jawline gone
I was in pretty bad shape and it really got to work within 2 months. Their packs are six month supply, with a one year money back guarantee if you don't like the results or want to be a Jew. First pack is also 40% off
I accidentally ordered a second which I gave to a friend with an equally fucked face after I fixed mine and it fixed his.
Take any skincare advice with a grain of salt, what worked for us might not for you.
I don't have before pics because I wasn't really in the mindset that it'd really work and why am I gonna keep pics of my ugliness.
Now doing a daily glycolic acid cream @10% for dark spot repair, which necessitates sunblock, but face sunblock is an always use imo.
>>
>>12276312
Toners are useful is you're using a high ph cleanser, as they help to re balance the ph levels on your skin. They're not always necessary. Serums are good if you have specific skin issues but again, you don't always need them.
>>
File: dsvdg.png (305KB, 287x595px) Image search: [Google]
dsvdg.png
305KB, 287x595px
are morning cleansers any different than regular daily cleansers?
>>
>>12277653
how can i find out if i need a serum?
>>
>>12277708
This cleanser is citrus and ginseng scented so it's supposed to "wake you up". Don't use it though. You don't need to use microbeads, bursting or otherwise, on your face. Just get an essential oil diffuser if you want "invigorating" scents.
>>
>>12277424

All I've been using lately is a simple Cien body lotion and Nivea creme for my face with some shitty exfoliant. Reason for this is that I'm living abroad rn for the next 3 months and I can't find any decent skin products. I'd buy them online, but I'm quite poor atm, with the whole living abroad deal. Maybe when I go back to England. Thanks btw anon.

You said I should avoid high temperatures, but you also said it's important to sweat out my pores. Does that mean I should just do exercise instead, to the point of sweating? I barely ever sweat from exercise, even when lifting weights I struggle with. Are steam rooms ok btw?

Also, why is it bad to use the same products all the time?
>>
>>12263667

wtf that's hot as fuck rtard
>>
Is rice bad for your skin?
>>
>>12277928
you've said you've often gone to saunas and I'm telling you to now stop for a bit and then not got as often. steam room is fine as long as you're not exposed to high temps.

Never use exfoliants with granuals and particles - they create tears in the skin (leading to dryness, wrinkles and potentially entry points for bactieria causing acne). A salicylic solution a few times a week (like paula's choice anti-redness solution) will clean your pores, minimise flakes and calm down redness - get your mum to send a care package of these things.

>Also, why is it bad to use the same products all the time?
It's best to switch products according to climate and the effects it has on your skin. Also adjusting products to the time of year and skin needs, i.e. hormonal changes, is good practice. light moisturiser for summer, heavier for winter but obviously make adjustments as and when you need to.
As a general rule my cycle is every 3 months I use an almost different set of products.

Simple, cheap but good routine:
Boots botanics all bright gentle cleansing cream
you can get rosehip oil from almost anywhere - soothes and calms and moisturises
paula's choice salicylic anti-redness solution (up to 3x per week, less so for sensitive skin), it's relatively expensive so you can go without it - but i myself would not (available in a cheaper travel size that can stretch to two months)
i think you can sort yourself out some moisturiser that is cheap and decent (as long as you have the european nivea creme it should be fine - I hear the US formulation is not good)

distilled witchazel is cheap, natural and calms down skin readness (I really like it)
>>
>>12277107
>Are saunas bad for your skin?
God damn I wish they weren't. Any of you been to Japan? The onsens there are amazing, completely rejuvenating - but the extreme heats and the rapid changes in temperature for sure fucked with my skin. God damn!
>>
>>12278497

Thank you very much for the advice, anon! I didn't know skin care was so complicated and I HAVE been using an exfoliant with particles. I'll stop. I thought you simply needed to use an exfoliant, cleanser, astringent and moisturizer and it was that easy, I didn't realize it got this in-depth. I appreciate your advice.

Another thing: Is there anything I can do for bags under eyes and dark circles besides sleeping more? Hell, in general I'm very wrinkly. I think it might have to do with my having a very puffy face.

>>12278512

I go to a sauna 3 days a week. Routine is gym, them I go in a pool with a bunch of jets, a jacuzzi, then sauna and possibly steam room and then shower properly when I get home/exfoliate, then misturize afterward.
>>
>>12278512

Sauna with an ice cold bath to close the pores is the best. Sauna has so many benefits if you go regularly that it's not worth giving up, just be sure to moisturize.
>>
>>12278568

Damn, I don't know what to think anymore.

Is a cold shower instead ok? Or to go to a Sauna first and then to a swimming pool?
>>
>>12278522
>>12278568

happy to be proven wrong!
>>
>>12278522
also you are not supposed to exfoliate often. I'm sure you know this but just in case.

It's in depth because I am crazy about skincare but you needn't be. If you have some money you can have a limited set of high-quality products. I think you can get away with switching it up every 6 months. go to a sauna 1x per week

you know already that diet is key.
puffiness is due to a number of things i.e. water retention from high salt intake
Sugars (sadly fruit sugars too) are one of the factors that causes collagen (the compound that makes your skin look plump and youthful) to crystalise = wrinkles. I however am not strict on my diet - I wish I was!
Health of kidneys and liver shows on the face, especially around the eye area

as for ageing...
WEAR SPF!!!!!!! personally i like japanese brands
>>
>>12278572

Immediately after your sauna visit, immerse yourself in cold water or have a cold shower. I prefer a cold bath myself. Before you leave, apply moisturizer.
>>
>>12278577

Thank you anon. I only exfoliate 3 times a week. Maybe I should make it two.

What strength should I go for? I don't like being dark, so the strongest type of SPF should be ok, right?

100 pounds every 3 months in skincare products is quite enough, right? that's right at the max range for me...

So I should have cod liver oil, right? I'll try that. I have joint hypermobility and it makes my skin super stretchy anyways, though: I can stretch my neck skin out substantially, for example.
>>
>>12278588
ah you see I differ... as a rule exposing the skin to extremes frequently is not good.

I am very high-maintenence, if anyone couldn't already tell.
>>
>>12278598
>>12278588

damn, is there any objective truth to this conundrum?
>>
>>12278621

Depends if you're high maintenance or not. My skin radiates nicely thanks to sauna.
>>
>>12278594
for the face, I use this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rohto-Hadalabo-Gokujyun-Perfect-UV-Gel-Sunscreen-50g-SPF50-PA-/152074620016?hash=item23685a8c70:g:rNkAAOSwE6VXJgNi
you can get this in a double pack.

french brands are top-notch too: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF 50+ 50ml - a little goes a long way

I think you can get away with spending even less! and if £100 is the threshold then I think you should get yourself a liquid exfoliant like paula's anti-redness solution. I bought the full sized 118ml http://www.paulaschoice.co.uk/new-clear-regular-strength-anti-redness-exfoliating-solution.html and it has lasts me around 7 months with semi-regular use. The travel size is 30ml at £7 it's a decent price. And it's a treatment-type product so you don't NEED to use it regularly - only anal people like me religiously exfoliate a few times per week.

when/if you have dry skin whether it's cos it's due to a skin emergency or part of its natural cycle, limit exfoliation so that skin can rebuild it's moisture barrier (no hot water dammit!)
>>
>>12278621
truth is we are all different, with different skin types.

If my skin is going through shit, as yours seems to be, then I'm gonna try to be as gentle and simple as possible. Makes sense though doesn't it?

and when you're skin has regained it's health you can return to your normal routine (but obviously learn the lesson from whatever the normal routine has caused your skin to go through and make some changes - simple)
>>
Trying to clear up some acne scars on my cheeks from good ol' teenage acne, derma prescribed Tretinoin 0.05% to help clear them up - will this be effective? I only ask because my derma has been pretty shit about admitting when a product isn't working (Accutane was the only thing that worked, everything else from clindamycin, minocycline, tretinoin didn't work for shit and my derma would just say "Let's try another month or two on this one and see") - any other lotions/solutions to help clear up scarring? Don't think it's too deep, but having pale Irish genetics certainly makes it more noticeable.

On a similar note, short of using tanning machines (which I really don't feel like using) or makeup, how the fuck can I get my skin to be less pale? I live out in LA where everyone is either naturally tan or tans regularly, but my skin tone has stayed pretty goddamn pale for my whole life - nobody else in my family is pale, so I dunno if I just got the really short end of the genetic stick - tips/products to use?
>>
File: autism in the hills.jpg (39KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
autism in the hills.jpg
39KB, 360x480px
>>12278653

Ah, I do have very dry skin and dry hair. I didn't realize hot water was bad for it, I thought it was a myth. I only shower with lukewarm water and then run cold water over my head and face to close pores, but I use the jacuzzi after every gym session, 3 times a week. Its not too hot, but maybe its damaging my skin.

Thank you for all the advice you've been giving me, kind anon. This is probably a long shot, but anything in particular you notice about my skin that I should be aware of?
>>
I work in an office and take supplements but I don't get much sun. Do I still need to worry about sunscreen?
>>
I have oily skin and i've been using an oil free moisturiser but it's not helping. What can i do?
>>
>>12279923
Start using cleansers
>>
>>12279932
I do, every morning and exfoliate every 3 days
>>
File: 501.jpg (652KB, 1200x941px) Image search: [Google]
501.jpg
652KB, 1200x941px
>>12277424
>It's important to sweat it out and clear out your pores

look at this basic skin layer illustration, and realize why it doesn't work like that.

>>12279749
>to close pores

pores don't open and close m8
>>
>>12280022

Dilate the outer layer? ya get me

Idk anon im retarded I'm just learning from what I see on this thread
>>
anything to solve the stretch marks problem?
>>
>>12274981
>>12278522
>>12278594
Tell me: Do you bruise easily, and do you easily get bad scarring from wounds?
>>
File: scars.jpg (73KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
scars.jpg
73KB, 405x720px
>>12280031

I guess fairly easily. I have a lot of scars and bruises, but I think it's from being autistic and running around as a kid bumping into this.

These two scars are (top left) from jumping of some rails and (centre) from when my mom hit me when closing a door. I was a very young kid in one and a toddler in the other.
>>
>>12280043
>eyes wrinkly and dry/ashy/fucked
>my balls and dick are itchy as FUCK and I don't know why
>bags under eyes and dark circles
>in general I'm very wrinkly
>a very puffy face
>joint hyper-mobility
>super stretchy skin
>I can stretch my neck skin out substantially
>very dry skin and dry hair
>bruising and scarring fairly easily
>a lot of scars and bruises

My man, have you ever heard of Ehlers–Danlos syndrome (EDS)?

All of these symptoms together are characteristic of that kind of disorder.

That would explain the stretchy skin, the excessive wrinkling, the joint hyper-mobility, the dry skin, as well as the severe itching, and the easy bruising/scarring.

It's somewhat rare, and occasionally under-diagnosed. In your case it would probably be the classic subtype.

Read up a bit about it and see if you recognize anything:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers%E2%80%93Danlos_syndrome
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ehlers-danlos-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx
>>
File: shaving-soap-lather.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
shaving-soap-lather.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
Recommend a shaving soap that doesn't come in its own bowl
>>
>>12280022
Okay then. Although despite the fact that "sweating it out" is not a thing, avoiding high temps as a general rule is something else
>>
>>12280073

sheeeeit

Thanks a lot man, I'll have to read up on this. I wouldn't even have thought about this otherwise.
>>
>>12280422
You're very welcome.
Not that many people know of it.

If you suspect that you do have it, please see a doctor - as possibly serious complications may arise from EDS. It can affect the entire body in different ways.

You may be interested in this UK-based forum:
https://www.ehlers-danlos.org/forum/

Anyways, I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck
>>
I've noticed that my skin is actually a lot more clear and healthy when I drop my whole routine except for cleanser. Should I just leave my skin alone from now on?
>>
>>12280620
Probably

And some people's skin lose their shit when they stop their routine

Your Mileage May Vary
>>
>>12276830
cute
>>
>keep rigorous routine up for months to achieve semi-clear skin
>go to sleep without washing face once because hungover
>6-8 pimples the next night
>>
>>12260096
Thinly veiled ad
>>
>>12281751
get on a low dose of accutane like 20mg a day for 4-5 months

this isn't normal and fucking around with bullshit routines will only be useless in the longrun
>>
>>12281790
Was thinking the same thing. I see dr bronners shills on other websites as well
>>
What should i do to my cheeks, they're full of these little red "holes", not pimples but i think those are acne scars. My routine is atm SebaMed Cleanser, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and light moisturizer. I don't get pimples very often, but my skin tone isn't even and those cheek dots makes me look like i have pimples.
>>
>>12263667
Only thing to do about that really is to bulk up. Eat a shit load of food and go to the gym so that you gain mostly muscle and not a bunch of fat, your cheeks will fill out.
Can't do anything about your skin, though.
>>
>>12282151
are these acne scars (meaning texture) or dark spots from where there was acne?
>>
Before shaving I will steam my face over a hot bowl with a towel draped over my head for 15 minutes. Is this bad once a week?
>>
>>12266012
Biotin helps improve your hair, skin, and nails health
>>
>>12283156
once a week is all right
just not too hot especially if you have dry skin
>>
my skin looks fucking shit guys and I don't know what to do. Should I see a derm?

morning:
cetaphil cleanser
stridex pad all over face
mix cerave am mosturizer with normal cerave mosturizer
sunscreen depending on how bad it is

night:
cetaphil cleanser
tone with thayers aloe vera
stridex again
cerave mosturizer

my tone and texture just seem horrible
>>
>>12283161
my skin is a mixed bag. sometimes dry sometimes oily (usually from neglect) but i pretty much use boiling water. i suppose i can try lower temperatures and see how the results are.
>>
>>12283150
There was a acne yes, so i think those are acne scars. It isn't dark or anything. Sorry my bad explonation, i'm a bit newbie in here.
>>
>>12283173
so the are of concern looks pock-marked?
>>
>>12283180
>>12283173
*area
>>
>>12283166
>Should I see a derm?

Yes. Always a good idea to know what exactly the problem is.

Use a gentler cleanser like from sebaMed, or lush or boots (I'm only recommending whatI think your price range is)

do you use these 2x stridex pads everyday?
>>
>>12283199
thanks

>do you use these 2x stridex pads everyday?

yes. I was have some trouble with red spots and acne before so I've been at it for about a month.
>>
>>12283215
>yes. I was have some trouble with red spots and acne before so I've been at it for about a month.

It doen't sound like a good idea to be using it that frequently. I use salicylic liquid only up to 3 days per week and only on ocassion in consecutive days and it's really helped. I used to use salicylic acid liquid on a very frequent basis and it fucked with my skin. It got drier, in state of irritation and rawness.

put it down for like a week and then continue use on a lower frequecy and when you return to use a diff salicylic acid liquid
>>
>>12283215
and i was wondering do you wipe these pads all over or have you just spot treated ?
>>
Anyone here use Tazorac for cystic acne?

I've been on it for a handful of years, and I cycle depending on my breakouts. It's been the only thing that's cleared out the cysts, but It makes my skin peel like crazy, and no amount of moisturizer fixes it.

I'm coming off of a cycle, and my skin feels paper thin, but is finally looking like it may be done with the heavy breakouts. Is anyone on Accutane? I guess Tazorac cream is the last effort before that?
>>
So what do you guys use to wash your body?
>>
>>12270103
What do you recommend from Muji? The selection is a bit overwhelming
>>
>>12261196
Almond milk
>>
File: Cup-o-Coffee-Lush-635x423.png (470KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
Cup-o-Coffee-Lush-635x423.png
470KB, 635x423px
What do y'all use for face masks? I'm trying to get more of a variety and I'm considering Hokkuu's green tea volcanic mud mask. Right now I use Lush's cup of coffee mask once a week and I like it a lot. Last month I bought 2 Korean sheet masks and tried them out (one charcoal, one cucumber) but I'm not sure if they worked / there isn't a big enough difference at first. Maybe I'm supposed to keep using them for a visible effect?
>>
File: 1484504862247.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484504862247.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>2nd round of accutane
>depression is starting to kick in

any tips and tricks?
also i wake up with new cuts on my face every morning because my skin breaks so easily now
i look like a fucking crack addict
>>
>>12264299

this guy again, pic related is my skin now after dropping sugar. not without blemishes, but really incomparable to the constant smattering of spots i used to have.

I can't recommend dropping sugar enough. soft drinks are low class anyway. ymmv
>>
How do I remove blackheads completely? Just washing my face with water makes my face full of this white little stuff and I looks horrible.
>>
>>12284606
Sprint.

Every time you feel a slight bit of sadness.

Run as fast as you can
>>
>>12284209
>overwhelming

really? It's pretty simple, but I guess that's relative.

They only have two lines - the high moisture (it's not the greasy kind) and the line for sensitive skin. It only looks like tons of different products but it's just different bottle sizes you're seeing.

I personally like (as simple as i can make it for you - although i prefer a more elaborate routine and with other brands)
muji:
Face Soap (high moisture line) OR Cleansing Gel Cream (high moisture line)
All In One Essence Gel (sensitive line or high moisture line) - a pre-moisturizing step
Moisturizing Cream (high moisture line)
>>
>>12284344
On the whole I do really like Lush face masks but I would only recommend the one's with granules/bits if you never exfoliate with the mask into your skin. I love brazened honey but had to stop using it.

it may feel good to think that your skin is getting all that dead skin off with physical exfoliation but the granuals causes micro-tears in your skin no matter how natural the brand is.
>>
>>12284728
damn fine skin.
>>
>>12284844
get on the pore strips and charcoal masks train. once a week should be enough. i don't know if it's an urban legend but i heard somewhere if you do it too frequently (like every other day) you risk dilating your pores to the point where they don't close. it sounds bullshitty but as long as you're washing your face too, once a week is good
>>
File: IMG_5600.jpg (24KB, 431x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5600.jpg
24KB, 431x441px
What is a better alternative?
>>
>>12285443

It's working well for me currently, however, in conjunction to the other products in the regimen
>>
>>12253177
How important do you find sunscreen?

I don't use and I stay inside most of the day anyway, I have pasty-ass skin though
>>
>>12285443
what's your skin concern that led you started to use this in the first place?
>>
>>12285502
I selected this for exfoliation purposes.
Presently my skin is in fantastic condition, barring the occasional blemish that makes itself apparent every second week or so.
>>
>>12285467

I won't go into details as you can find this information anywhere but practically every reason you have for utilizing sunscreen outweighs the reasons you shouldn't. It's very important
>>
>>12285540
It's good that it's in great condition despite you're use of this. Obviously effects of skincare varies across different skin types but I avoid anything with granules for exfoliation. Physical exfoliation, especially on a daily basis is bound to be bad. Chemical exfoliation is preferable. It sounds scary but it's just a quick swipe over the face with your standard Salicylic acid liquid 2-3 times per week - it removes dead skin and cleans out the pores. A gentle cleanser formulated with salicylic acid is okay too.

But of course that's just my experience.

I used to use St.Ives when I was younger and had great skin so it didn't have any bad effects if memory serves. But over the years my skin just stopped being able to tolerate bad formulas.
>>
>>12285665
Thanks for the constructive input lad.

My routine, roughly and for those interested:

>AM
In the shower:
-Murad Clarifying Cleanser

and for shaving:
-Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel
-Disposable razor (currently Schwick, looking for alternative though it does work well)

Afterwards:
-Supergoop 50SPF Everyday Sunscreen

>PM
In the shower:
-If Monday, Wednesday, Friday: St. Ives Apricut Scrub (bound to be replaced the exfoliator I used previously, Betagranulos)
-Murad Clarifying Cleanser

After the shower:

If Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Zinc oxide facial mask left on overnight (don't recall the other ingredients)

If Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday:
Clyndamycin topical gel, brand name Cutaclin
>>
Pharmacies in my country only have the "Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser" for 19 euros per 460ml/15.5fl.oz. Is it different from the "Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal To Oily Skin" which is like 17 euros for a 235ml/8fl.oz?

I had one package of regular Gentle Skin Cleanser and used it on my face. It did clean it properly, didn't cause irritation, but did leave my skin kind of dry. I'm not sure if it gave the proper result.
>>
ingrown hairs: wtf can I do?

I already exfoliate with one of those scrubby gloves, but they're unrelenting.
>>
>>12285867
Yeah, they're distinct
>>
What foods should I eat if I want to gain weight but take care of my skin at the same time?
>>
>>12285965
Is the Gentle Skin Cleanser worse/better? Paulas shill choice beautypedia gives 2/5 stars to the Gentle because it doesn't remove make-up as well and contains some form of sulfate which can cause irritation.

Because the the Gentle Skin Cleanser doesn't cause irritation on my skin, is more easily available and also half the price, is it a good option? Or is it not intended for the face and is the face option a better choice?
>>
I get red rashes when I shave, what product do I used to avoid this?

Also, best moisturizers and chapsticks for reducing redness?
>>
>>12288663
>chapsticks

I like badger chapsticks. Instantly soothing and inexpensive.

Get a better razor and try not to shave upwards against your growth pattern?
>>
shaving rashes?
1. get good quality razor blades and make sure you replace them when blunt. rinse the blade with hot water when the cream builds up too much. don't press too hard, shave downwards and sideways before going against the grain. don't go over one spot too many times.
2. shaving cream, i use the art of shaving creams, but you know that gillette gel shit isn't too bad. reapply after you've shaved in each direction.
3. aftershave, never fucking forget aftershave. i use the baxter of california one and it's incredible, but there's a pretty decent nivea one for sensitive skin if that's more your budget.
4. moisturise.
>>
>>12280116
>>
Are there any substantial differences when discussing black skin? Also, am I a fag for buying Olay Regenerist products?
>>
>>12289872
>a fag for buying Olay Regenerist products?

no, of course not."women's" skincare is better because of the range of things you can use alone.

>substantial differences when discussing black skin
depends on how dark. As far as I am aware, being prone to scarring i.e. dark spots from acne or other things
>>
How the FUCK do I treat Keratosis Pilaris?
>>
I accidentally shaved off parts of my eyebrows, they've grown back but the hair is so light they're almost invisible. Is there anything I can do besides dyeing? Two months and they're still translucent.
>>
Is there a difference between toners and astringents?
>>
>>12263667
you're so cute please don't
>>
>>12253177
I have this terrible back acne, but it seems to now be spreading to my arms. I think it may be a staph infection that I received from my father whenever he was in the late stages of his cancer.

Is there any way to get rid of it? I don't have insurance to pay for a dermatologist or antibiotics.
>>
File: 3423345.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3423345.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>12253177
I have a nose that sort of looks like this picture. I've noticed that everyone in my family sort of has large noses with open pores, and most of us have clogged pores.

I've tried biore strips, extractor tools, and other things, but they never fully work. Is there some sort of structured routine I can follow that will unclogged and close these pores?
>>
>>12291128
Salicylic acid liquid exfoliant
>>
>>12271259
Read the FAQ; astringent helps prevent blackheads by contracting the skin and closing pores. Try it after you shower and shave.

You have a long way to go my friend but I'm glad you're getting started.
>>
File: 1469625970884.png (6KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469625970884.png
6KB, 356x480px
>>12291662
>I've noticed that everyone in my family sort of has large noses
>>
File: IMG_2055.jpg (20KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2055.jpg
20KB, 384x384px
>>12292420
>>>/pol/
>>
>>12292343
i thought toners were better than astringents for acne prone faces
>>
What specific products can i use to exfoliate my face after i have used accutane? Its beens 3 months after i finished my course ... im trying to make the red marks fade away faster and lighten my skin ... any specific products? Cant find anything on google
>>
I have a lot of black heads. How should I go about removing and keeping them gone? Steam my face and use an extraction tool and just regularly wash?
>>
>>12292420
Nah, u thought. We're Catholic.
>>
>>12253177
Anyone knows if consuming spicy food have negative effects on skin?
>>
Thinking of buying pic related, but I'n wondering if it protects against UV.

Google didn't help me.
Does anyone here know?
>>
>>12253177
My knuckles are dark and it makes my fingers look short, how do I amend this
>>
>>12293088
My knucles have hrown similar skin as my elbows thanks to my job.
If you have something similar to that I would reccomend you to use a moisturizer.
Look at the sticky and use google, you'll be able to find something good very quickly.
>>
>>12293095
I use moisturizer and hand cream almost hourly lol
>>
>>12293096
Oh, never mind that then.
>>
>>12291662
Maybe use strips and then use an astringent?
>>
Can someone explain to me why using sunscreen is so important? I mainly only use it in the summer when I'm outside for a long time like at the beach or playing sports. Any reason why I should use it in the winter when the only time I'm outside is to walk to and from places? For example I walk about 10 minutes to the train everyday and 10 minutes when I get off, plus I walk to stores and I walk my dog. But that's about it and I don't really think the sun affects me that much on a daily basis.
>>
>>12293383
Read the sticky before posting.
Quote from the grooming section: "remember that you're always being exposed to some UV, even indoors, through your clothing, and at night. If you aren't using a sunblock, the rest of your skin care is a waste of money."
>>
>>12293427
not him do i need to buy sunscreen if i have moisturizer wich have spf?
>>
Suggest non clogging face moisturizer with lowest recommended spf sunscreen for hetero dude? so no scent, I'm actually fairly sensitive to scents
>>
>>12294102
As I said earlier, read the sticky before posting.
"UVA/UVB blocker[edit]
This may or may not be included in your moisturizer. Ensure that it blocks both the UVA and UVB spectrum,"
"It's best to find a moisturizer which already includes a blocker - It's fairly standard these days. It'll probably be harder not to. Please note that UVA/UVB blockers are often labeled Full Spectrum instead of something more technical so as to not scare away idiots."

Read this before posting please http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
>>
File: sc-pro-014.jpg (2MB, 4695x2603px) Image search: [Google]
sc-pro-014.jpg
2MB, 4695x2603px
>>12255553
Yeah, pretty much anything you're not gonna find on the shelves of a drug store or a wal-mart.

I wouldn't recommend Proraso's aftershaves though. There are better ones you can buy with more staying power and sillage, if you're into that.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations on lip balm?

I've used Burts Bees and Carmex, and they work really well, but I always get this white stuff on my lips whenever I have a conversation for longer than 3 minutes.
>>
>>12293427

What if I stay inside my bedroom with the blinds shut all day?
>>
>>12253291
cry to yourself every night, but not to sleep. just stay awake until you're done crying, then stare at the ceiling until 4 am. get ready for work
repeat x 3+ years
>>
what can I use to alleviate general redness on my face?

I don't have particularly dry skin and I never get acne, and my skincare routine consists of solely a light moisturiser with suncreen. Would introducing a light cleanser once a day and exfoliating once a week help?
>>
>>12294962
any reccomendations?
>>
What do you guys think of straight razors?

I was about to buy a safety razor but i stopped by an antique shop and they have a great german straight razor from around WWII so it's both a collector item and a razor, is it worth it?
>>
>>12295945
No, you will cut yourself up.
>>
>Nothing on drybrushing
It's as if you hate your skin
>>
Anyone have experience with "gradual tan" lotions? I see they're primarily targeted to the UK, but my skin is relatively pale up in Seattle and spotty sun coverage + shit genetics means I don't tan easily.
>>
How do I stop blind pimples?
>>
>>12295638
Proraso Red is only $10, which is great for the price. I've never tried the White, but I know for a fact you'll need aftershave with the Green.

Anything more expensive shouldn't dry you out. Especially any tallow based soap, they're perfect all around.
>>
>>12253197
This
I like them because I associate them with lack of sleep, emotional turmoil, addiction etc.
>>
>>12253177
Yeaj
>>
File: 1488151628668.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1488151628668.png
127KB, 601x508px
Men can use the same shit women use, right?
>>
File: $_3.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
Ive been putting this shit on my face 2x day to grow a beard, will be on it for at least 10 months.

How fucked is my face?
I use Vitamin C serum and Retinol moisturizer to counter its effects on the skin
>>
>>12297160
Read the sticky.
>>
>>12297976
i did, every link

didnt get an answer
>>
File: 1458605140450.jpg (11KB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
1458605140450.jpg
11KB, 250x252px
So, for the past month or so I've been washing my face day and night, and about a week ago I switched out a couple of products in my routine. After a few days I noticed that I started to get more and more dry when I woke up and during the day, especially around the mouth and nose. When I noticed that I switched back to the products I was using before. Since I'm guessing the dryness was because of the new products, should I just keep doing my routine day and night with the old ones, or should I do anything else to fix this?
>>
I made a new thread because I don't know how soon this one is going to die (on p10) >>12298443
>>
File: 22246f2afa5c9002f6db03e6b03f6f7e.jpg (403KB, 1600x1304px) Image search: [Google]
22246f2afa5c9002f6db03e6b03f6f7e.jpg
403KB, 1600x1304px
>>12265703
I take:
Collagen (Hoping for an anti-wrinkle effect but not sure it works, you know?)
Hyaluronic acid (Hydration!)
Spearmint (Suppresses hormones that cause breakouts where a man would have a beard)
Inositol (Keeps my urge to pick at my skin down. Highly recommended if you do that!)
> Pic unrelated, on the wrong PC so don't have access to my collection
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.