[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese and sunglasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6685.jpg (231KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6685.jpg
231KB, 800x800px
Serious question

Why do Japanese people rarely if ever wear sunglasses?
>>
File: chingchong.jpg (235KB, 1300x1390px) Image search: [Google]
chingchong.jpg
235KB, 1300x1390px
>>12253009
are you fucking asking that question?
>>
File: 5.jpg (171KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
171KB, 1600x1067px
>>12253009
The Japanese use their eyes much more in nonverbal communication than westerners do, they don't look to see if you're smiling with your mouth, they look at your eyes. It's actually uncouth to laugh with your mouth exposed, to them it's comparable to a horse whinnying.

By covering the eyes you cover the area of the face that (to the nips) conveys the most emotion.
>>
>>12253037
So how do they cope with glare?
>>
>>12253037
Is there a study on this or just experience?
Kinda interested now
>>
>>12253055
why do you think the eyes are so big in anime?
>>
File: TiteKubo.jpg (159KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
TiteKubo.jpg
159KB, 333x500px
>who is Tite Kubo

please leave plebian
>>
>>12253158
Also their emoticons are based on their eyes and not on their mouths

>Western: xD :3 :)
>Japanese: T.T ^_^ o_O
>>
>>12253043
where are you from out of interest?
Glare is not as intense in some parts of the world as in others because of the angle of the sun etc. I can't remember noting it specifically, but when I was in Japan I don't recall glare being a problem, whereas glare is a constant pain in the ass for me here in Australia where sunglasses are a non-negotiable necessity.

Japan has super long super nice twilights which send the whole place this most beautiful, impossible to describe blue. We don't get those in Aus either. We don't get twilight at all, really :(
>>
>>12253305
I'm from the Netherlands
>>
>>12253331
The low winter sun here tends to be quite glary
>>
>>12253055
"The eyes are window of the soul" is very big there, not agreeing or disagreeing with that anon either.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.