[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dries Van Noten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: dries van noten.png (1MB, 997x944px) Image search: [Google]
dries van noten.png
1MB, 997x944px
Whats /fa/ opinion on Dries Van Noten. are they high end or mid end designer brand?

comparable to other well known brand like Lanvin or Marni?
>>
File: dries-van-noten-16_4093112.jpg (49KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
dries-van-noten-16_4093112.jpg
49KB, 400x600px
I really enjoy their works.
>>
File: Ribbet collage3.jpg (89KB, 1024x475px) Image search: [Google]
Ribbet collage3.jpg
89KB, 1024x475px
>>12248216
But maybe it's just because I like golden clothes.
>>
>>12248219
Also I would never have worn these pants but not having them in my wardrobe is one of my biggest failure.
>>
>>12248222
this is what i feel about most of their pants. looks amazing and i kinda have to own them, but i cant find myself wearing them.
>>
Loved that look too.

>>12248239
iktf
>>
DvN is without question a high end designer label. Dries himself is one of the most intelligent and recondite designers. Of the other two you posted Marni is the odd one out. Lanvin is an og fashion house that I initially wrote off as simple designer with a huge price tag. The more collections I see the more I respect the house.

DvN though, is consistent as fuck even if he's not really up my alley. I'm still not really sure what the point of this thread is though. Are you looking for some sort of validation for liking the label or something?
>>
>>12248270
just making conversation about Dries
>>
>>12248270
Why do /fa/ hates discussion about actusl fasion?
>>
my neighbour
>>
grail
>>
>>12248732
Because they wear athleisure and bargain bin designer leftovers for the most part.
>>
>>12248732
/fa/ doesn't hate it but pretty much every one knows very little about fashion and if 10 people know how to discuss fashion it's a huge number. I know very little too so i can't help it.
>>
>>12248213
> they
its one man, you dont refer to him (or his brand) as they.

> high end or mid end designer brand
what kind of retarded question is this, does it even fucking matter? how could one of the most succesfull members of the antwerp six that shows in paris be considerd a "mid end designer brand"

>comparable to other well known brand like Lanvin or Marni?
again, how is this relevant, why would you compare him to two completley differend brands??

/fa/ has really gone to shit,not to imply that it was ever any good in the first place
>>
>>12248213
High end undoubtedly.

>>12248270
Agree with this anon. I haven't delved into him much but his patterns and designs are interesting though sometimes too "loud" if you get what I mean.

>>12248248
ji hye is cool.

>>12248732
It's filled with edgy teens who can't think for themselves are not may are interested in fashion Tbh

>>12248872
this. I'll admit I don't know so much as im still in the learning process but its enjoyable and fun to learn at least when there's good threads )(rarely) but this is the only place I know that contains fashion related discussion.
>>
File: 1463508129652.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463508129652.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>12248890
you sound pretentious as fuck. kill yourself.

He's clearly new to dries and wants to find out more and get peoples opinion. This isn't some high fashion breeding ground, is just a fashion forum meaning anyone from any level of knowledge is entitled to post.

once again kill yourself you pretentious fuck.
>>
File: _DRI0047.jpg (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
_DRI0047.jpg
1MB, 2000x3000px
Little known fact: Dries van Noten is also a master troll

>sends this coat down the runway as the opening look of FW17
>"omg he's totally copying vetements"
>people confront him about it backstage
>coat is actually from 2008 and he just decided to put it in the collection anyway
>>
>>12248914
when did vetements put out a coat like that?, maybe balenciaga under demna but not vetements, besides doble breasted boxy coats arent exactly extremley original
>>
>>12248919
that was basically vetements's aesthetic in the first few collections before they went full meme.

But according to most self-declared fashion experts everyone who's doing oversized and/or boxy shapes now is copying vetements.
>>
>>12248906
if he started a thread by saying that hes new to dries and wants to learn more id be happy to contribute but, i was outright triggered by the nonsense in the OPs post, besides, this is 4chan (80%insults 20%content)
>>
>>12248914
subtle kek.

>>12248930
fair enough. I take back my threatening statements, though come on, it's obvious he's clueless no point acting so pretentious on an oblivious anon.

I agree his questions were stupid but we're all learning one way or the other. The majority of /fa/ don't care past wearing clothing of a well known brand/designer
>>
>>12248929
im sorry but i just dont see it, yes vetements makes big outerwear, but so did a million designers before them, also i doubt dries would get accused of copying such a young and hyped up brand by anyone that has accses to the backstage and is able to "confront " him about it
>>
>>12248938
https://youtu.be/ZZ95BpOL9S8?t=16m24s

Starts at 16:24

I mean of course it's not a direct copy, but you can't deny that the trend of oversized outerwear and wide shoulders came back due to vetements. It was probably just a way of saying "hey i did it first" in a cheeky manner.
>>
What I love about Dries is the amount of research that goes into the use of different fabrics, patterns etc. He actually visits the factories in India etc, if he's doing some oriental references in a collection and it just shows that he really cares. And also how seasonless it is. It doesn't matter if a piece is 10 years old. It will still look good. You can just mix and match his collections.

And the price point is absolutely fair for the quality.
>>
>>12248929
Opened this pic without reading your post or the filename and first thought was that this is margiela
The first few vetements collections were actually pretty good
>>
Anyone here that is familiar with Dries van Noten?
I kind of get the look of his stuff, but I can't really pinpoint what his concept is, or how/why it's done the way it is.
>>
>>12248890
You sounds like a cunt.
>>
>>12248213
>Whats /fa/ opinion on Dries Van Noten. are they high end or mid end designer brand?
>
>comparable to other well known brand like Lanvin or Marni?

Dries van noten is high end, he's possibly the most consistent designer ever

He is comparable to lanvin, he is not comparable to marni
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.