[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking/Travelling INSPO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: back-4.jpg (77KB, 410x595px) Image search: [Google]
back-4.jpg
77KB, 410x595px
Going Travelling in the summer and was wondering if /fa/ had any inspo pics for hot weather and backbacking equipment.
>>
>>12243041
why you´d wanna look like a homeless refugee
>>
>>12243041
lesson 1: don't wear tees like that
>>
>>12243041
So you want to steal this "gay Osama bin Laden" -look?
>>
>>12243041
fuck this is so faggy
>>
File: 1477321539135.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1477321539135.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>>12243063
>"gay Osama bin Laden"
>>
>>12243049
Should i never wear scoop neck tees?
>>
>>12243041
That's a great way to get sun burned.

Get yourself a baggy linen button up shirt.

Get some outdoorsman pants.

Get some boots or trail shoes.

Get a trecking backpack

Get one of those nike golf rain jackets that fold away.

get one light wool sweater.

wear a sports base layer

bring extra socks and underwear

good to go
>>
>>12243196
Scoop necks are for showing off man cleavage. Unless you're ripped you shouldn't wear them. If you do you're looking gay. And even if you're ripped and wear them you're looking gay.
>>
>>12243254
>Get some outdoorsman pants.
what are these
>>
>>12243361
>>
File: 1483909441020.jpg (235KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1483909441020.jpg
235KB, 1280x853px
>>12243254
Jesus people who think you need all this outdoor technical gear for the most basic shit (day hikes/traveling/etc) are the fucking worst.

Just pack some light cotton tee shirts, make sure you've got sunscreen.
If it's properly hot, get climbing shorts or something like Patagonia Baggies
Breathable Underwear and socks.
You really don't need trail shoes, just wear some comfortable, lightweight running shoes (nike flyknit, etc) or hell, just take some beaters that you're used to wearing and you know are okay for long term wear.
Pack a long sleeve/sweatshirt if it's going to be cool at night, and take a simple packable rain jacket, it doesn't have to be fully waterproof, just capable of holding up for a little while unless of course you're hiking in which case you'll want something heavy duty.
>>
>>12244342
My man, thank God somebody finally agrees with me on running shoes for the trail. I agree though you don't need to be decked out in full REI for any hike or backpacking trip regardless of the length during the summer
>>
>>12243041
look man, take it from me, when going travelling abroad for extended periods, just forget about being /fa/. I know you want to look like op's pic , but cotton t shirts and jeans are impractical. it all about bringing clothes you can wash in the sink and hang them to dry in like 20 minutes. so mostly nylon/polyester shirts with air vents and shit. a lot of it is stylish now , so you dont have to look like some crocodile dundee nerd on a african safari. check out eddie bauer travex line, ll bean, patagonia, exoficio. get a pair of those convertible pants with zip off legs, those are great to have. its all about packing clothing thats as space eficient and lightwiehgt as possible. no thick hoodies, or heavy jeans, that kind of stuff isnt practical for travelling.
>>
>>12244400
unless hes going somewhere cold?

i want to do the baltic states this summer does anyone have any experience of them?
>>
>>12244443
closest I've had is St. Petersburg in July. Wasn't bad, high 70's to mid 80's (F obv) during the day, could get cool at night. Assuming much of the Baltic is somewhat similar, you ought to be fine with a midweight sweatshirt and a light raincoat/windbreaker.
>>
Don't take jeans
>>
>>12244342
>>12244364
trail shoes are better depending on the trail itself. they have thicker soles which keeps you from feeling small rocks (which is an issue where I normally hike). i wouldn't go out of my way to buy a pair of trail shoes just for one or two hikes, but they have a purpose
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.