[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Pair of Decent Shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I'm new here and I'm looking for a pair of semi-casual/dress shoes like pic related. I keep looking but never find anything that stands out too much to me. I need something that looks /effay/ and is affordable (college student). Help me /fa/.
>>
probably because you're looking for cheap shit
cheap shit never looks good
>>
>>12236445
I'm literally looking at anything. I would just prefer nothing outrageous.
>>
>>12236438

What is affordable? Expect to put in atleast $250 for a decent pair of shoes.

Depending on where you live, get something with leather soles.
>>
>>12236450
Ohio. So leather.
>>
>>12236450
Op, if you're going to spend big, get 2 good pairs of Blake stitched shoes, and add topies to them.
It's cheaper per shoe, still looks great, gives you a minimal rotation do you don't destroy the shoes early, and changing topies is way cheaper than resoling.
>>
>>12236438
Look into Johnston & Murphy. They sell really quality shoes at a descent price. These are what I'm rocking right now, I get a lot of compliments.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/johnston-murphy-mens-conard-cap-toe-oxfords?ID=3142600&pla_country=US&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120156340000799808&CAAGID=41541330648&CATCI=pla-81748201232&catargetid=120156340009370624&cadevice=c&cm_mmc=Google_Mens_Shoes_PLA-_-Mens+Shoes_Johnston+%26+Murphy+-+GS_Johnston+%26+Murphy-_-156914897723-_-pg120898_c_kclickid_9884cdc5-515a-4eb4-8f6f-59bc6051f05a&trackingid=474x120898&gclid=CI6iiJfdkNICFQKNaQodKg8Mfg
>>
File: ebay.png (578KB, 1366x636px) Image search: [Google]
ebay.png
578KB, 1366x636px
>>12236438
Ebay.

Search term: Allen Edmonds
The following parameters:
Pre-Owned, buy it now, Men's Shoes, size (you).

Important to select pre-owned and buy it now. Leather ages very well, and auctions only benefit the seller.
>>
File: ebay2.png (376KB, 907x589px) Image search: [Google]
ebay2.png
376KB, 907x589px
>>12238447
There's a lot of dated stuff like tasseled loafers, but there are plenty of classics going for a song.
>>
>>12236438
honestly man , just get a pair of eccos. theyre super comfortable, pretty stylish, and might run you about a hundred bucks. its probably all you need for someone in your situation. theyre not a "real shoe" per say, but youre not a real man either, so whatever
>>
>>12238447
i dont understand this advice. heres why:

1. allen edmonds are good shoes, but they mold to your individual feet. theyre typically hard as a rock and need to be broken in, and eventually they mold to your feet. the problem is if you buy used ones off of ebay, theyve already molded to someones elses foot. i think its a bad idea to get used shoes, ive never liked the idea. yes its cheaper but they will never conform to your feet like a brand new , unworn pair would.

2. im curious why you think auctions benefit the seller? in my experience, auctions is the only way to get a real bargain. a seller takes a gamble and lists something for 9.99 , hoping it will draw a lot of attention and get a bunch of competitve bidding, and then it doesnt, and you walk away with something for 20 bucks if youre lucky. buy it nows are usually pretty inflated.
>>
>>12238525
1. Maybe so, but often these are seldom-worn shoes from the back of the wardrobe, and leather remains flexible, with a breaking-in period. It's a risk, but as bets go it's a pretty cheap and potentially profitable one. You sometimes see "worn once or twice" shoes being sold as used.

2. Eh. Maybe my logic wasn't 100% there, at least for ebay auctions. But in brick and mortar auctions, the reserve price is something the seller was already willing to accept. And one ebay, the auctions last so long that they build up unnecessary psychological tension and desire to snatch the item from other people. Tends to lead to bad decisions, which is why I gave it up very early on.
>>
>>12238514
Truly this is the voice of the damned.
>>
>>12238447
lomfao this is exactly what i do
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.