[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dr martens/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

I just got these outfit me /fa/
>>
>>12235967
docs are literal trash buddy
the boots are abit more bearable, but these? no son
>>
>>12235981
I wear 1461s everyday. Eat my dick
>>
>>12236011

why do you wear trash everyday man? you don't have any other shoes?
>>
>>12236018
Theyre simple derbies. Theyre pretty versatile. Could you tell me why you think theyre such trash?
>>
>>12236031
I dislike how chunky they look for derbies
especially the sole
>>
>>12236042
>dislikes how they look
>>
>>12235981
I read this post whenever I want to remind myself that no-taste browse effay
>>
File: prescription shoes.jpg (8KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
prescription shoes.jpg
8KB, 252x200px
WOW! these are some very nice prescription shoes!
>>
File: 1487035969578.png (507KB, 588x617px) Image search: [Google]
1487035969578.png
507KB, 588x617px
>>12236031
>>12235967
>>12236465
>>12236060
These are some of the worst looking shoes I can even imagine. They look like 2 bricks strapped to your feet. Literal clown shoes would be better because at least then it would be obvious it was a joke instead of everyone having to wonder if you're mentally handicapped
>>
>>12236553
Post your shoe collection. I want to see what kind of shoes you wear.
>>
>>12235967
>/fa/ peaks in 2012 - 2013
>actual runway discussion
>threads about obscure designers and mainstream designers every day
>avant-garde stuff being posted all the time and deconstructed and theoried about
>people actually posted designer cops in recent cops threads and wore designer gear in WAYWTs
>every single tripfag from that era has gone on to do amazing things (buyers for stores,working for grailed,opening their own clothing line,has met rick owens and other big guys 4 u in fashion,one even graduated from the royal fashoin academy in antwerp the place where the belgian 6 and countless other big names went)
>1461 was widely agreed to be one of the best basic shoes you can get for cheap
compared to
>2014+ /fa/
>no point in even talking about it, look how shite it is

What happened?
>>
File: shoes.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>12236557
>>
>>12236579
Because 4chan kinda died a bit?
I remember browsing back then, specifically 2008-2012 and a bit of 2013.
Feels so out of place here now. In the models general thread I made, I`m basically the only one posting and posted a few runway photos.
Ended up getting not a lot of discussion.
Maybe it`s the way I type and talk? I recently just came back in 2016 so I don`t even know the culture anymore right now...
>>
>>12236611
Most online communities come and go, some have golden eras until whole generations of users disappear from websites where they used to spend 2+ hours every day, until you realize that you became a stranger in the place where you used to feel most at home. Kinda sad really, but we have to grow up with 4chan and either adapt to the new people who go on there now or simply leave.
When you think about it, it's healthy, you're supposed to grab as much info and fun/nice pictures until you get naturally pushed away from this place. Just my two cents
I also miss old /fa/, but that's the way it is
>>
>>12236582
hahhhahhahahahha
>>
File: _AG17502.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
_AG17502.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
>>12236650
Yeah I agree with you, you're right.
I stopped coming here when I had built up a life good enough to 'live' and I was active enough to not have to come here anymore.
The way I see it, most people start coming here when they're relatively new or already well-versed in fashion (or whatever board they're on) - but not knowledgeable enough to be an expert. Then when they find out what their passion is and how to apply their life to it, they gain knowledge while still coming here on the boards and then leave once they've built a life they want- a la all the tripfags who became designers or insiders of the fashion industry.
But you;'re right. I miss old /fa/,
>It's NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
Where are all the livestream threads and runway generals? Where are the discussions about the fashion houses and haute couture?
I guess those people moved on, and /fa/ right now isn't like that, but will be once users who really love fashion start loving every single part of fashion and the industry again - and want to discuss the news and talk about it.
That's just my two cents. You're right, I feel strange here now, but it's just a new era and I have to get used to it - sorry about the rant.
Here's a beautiful picture from Dior's Spring 2017 Haute Couture show to make up for it!
>>
>>12236579
This guy pretty much hits the nail on the head >>12236650. I'd love to talk about fashion but I don't know what to even say. I feel like I'd be unintentionally shitposting.

>>12236582
Please stop critiquing clothes when your shoe rotation looks like this. Lurk more before posting again.
>>
>>12236582
>he advices someone how to dress
drop these cheap looking chukkas and poorfag palladiums and then we can talk
>>
>>12236685
Don't worry once he realizes why people where chunky 'brick' boots and what outfits they go with, he'll realize his shitposts.
Hopefully he'll try to make an outfit where all his same-y shoes make it look like shit and then buy more than one type of shoe from then on.
>>
>>12235967
>buying docs that aren't their boots.
>>
>>12236674
Oh yea and
>a la all the tripfags who became designers or insiders of the fashion industry.

And then they left, because their life involved fashion and they didn't need to come here anymore to talk about it- they have people IRL to talk to about fashion.
>>
>>12236579
this...Neo/fa/ is shit
>>
How is Doc Martens sizing? I wear 8 with Vans.
>>
>>12237045
Ate you 16
>>
>>12237045
True to size. I wear a US9.5 in Vans and a US9 in Docs.
>>
>>12237094
>>12237045
Fuck off children
>>12235967
Red nose, white/red/blue makeup
>>12236031
They look like shoes is strap on Dr. Frankenstein's monster
>>12236553
This
>>12236579
*Antwerp 6 technically. That said this board has gone to literal shit. Fucking 16-18 year olds here with high school taste and high school wallets.
>>
>>12235967
lol fuck off seriously these are such basic shoes if you can't figure out how to "outfit" yourself you don't belong here.
nothing wrong with them mind (monos are better), but you're a lost cause
>>
Docs in general are trash. Unless you switch up your shoes every day and only use them in dry, calm weather, you'll have a bad time.

My brother got a pair of those 1461-Monos from New York 3.5 months ago, the sole has started to tear off from the side. He wasn't even a daily wearer off them, only used them around 2-4 times a week at most. I got a pair 1490's there as well, and despite waxing, oiling, polishing and generally being careful with my pair, one of the creases turned into a hole that had to be taken to a cobbler to stitch it shut and the sole now has this small tear on it too. Remind you. This is 3.5 months in.

Return them if you still can, save up some more and get yourself some Redwings or Solovair's monos. You'll fucking thank me.
>>
>>12237150
this is a bit...misleading. Most people get a couple of years heavy wear out of a pair of Docs with no mainetenance
ps SOlovair are pretty much identical but with worse quality control ime
>>
>>12237164
Bugger off. Modern Docs (excluding the MiE-line) aren't durable anymore.
>>
>>12236582
this has to be bait
>>
grill here. wore those same ones with tights to hs every day a few years ago because they were in uniform. looked surprisigly good with the catholic school girl fit.
>>
>>12236466
>taking-up-two-bus-seats-and-always-looking-like-one-of-your-legs-is-a-few-sharp-turns-away-from-falling-off-core
>>
>>12238559
post pics for science
>>
>>12236042
thats the point

its easy as fuck to find some sleek nu-male shit, docs are like the only derbies that are beefy but not fugly as hell.
>>
>>12237286
meme. theyre pretty much the same - MiE use a slightl;y better leather (but its still corrected grain and hardly high quality). the QC on the asian docs might actually be better - made in England is not a byword for quality like made in germany or japan - theres a good reason our industrial base was flushed down the toilet.
>>
>>12237045
get 8s + the insoles

they dont do half sizes and 7 will probably be too small for you. try them on if you can though, alternatively try on converse, because their sizing is the same.
>>
>>12236582
A pair of black Docs would look far better than all of these in any imaginable situation. Please never give advise again without first warning the group that this is the collection of shoes you chose - and paid to - collect.
>>
>>12236674
its not just /fa/ - fashion forums in general are dead. Too much hawking of vendor 'deals' and the rise of instagram mostly killed em
>>
>>12238643
I don't think fashion forums are dead.
There are lots that have sooo much more informative discussion than what /fa/ has now.
It's just that /fa/ was unique in that 4chan was so popular even back in the day that it was basically an image-board chat where you get a reply in a few seconds instead of a few days or hours in other forums.
I really miss when people took their time to make fashion threads and live-stream threads.
Now everyone's too lazy to build that up anymore and everyone who did left.
>>
>>12238658
what is the best alternative to /fa/
>>
>>12238669
r/malefashionadvice
>>
>>12238669
I don't know if there's any alternative to /fa/ in terms of being like an image-board as well.
You could try the other *chans.
For traditional forums I like Fashion Spot, Skinny Gossip, maybe Bellazon?
TFS is literally the most well known fashion forum. Even designers go there. So I guess if you want to see what /fa/ kind of felt and sounded like before, you can go there.

But there are no defined fashion forums to go to.For example, The PurseForum has like half a million members.
Over time you hear about which ones to go to and which ones you like. It's like accumulated knowledge.
But yeah, I mostly just use TFS(The Fashion Spot), and go on Skinny Gossip to laugh at how much they love super-skinny models.
>people need to ask alternative to /fa/
I've noticed lately in the past few years internet users starting to ask questions like this.
What sucks is that, with this new generation of internet users, and also 4chan users - they don't even take the time to search up other online communities. I guess it's just a difference in internet generations - where older internet users knew that you had to go looking for communities.
This generation now seems like they want the 'BEST' and 'Most Used' forums - which severely stunts their growth because they'll only end up going on 4chan or Reddit and not accumulate knowledge needed to be an informative internet user.
Sorry for the rant in that last paragraph.
>>
The Palladiums are all right, but the rest really are trash.
>>
>>12238713
>>12238717
>only end up going on 4chan or Reddit
Well fuck.
>>
>>12237286
I've worn a pair during Autumn/Winter for nearly two years now and they are almost as good as new.

Git gud at shoe maintenance faggot
>>
>>12237045
Im usually a 9 but mine are a bit big, id say downsize and let the leather break
>>
>>12238713
No.
>>
File: 1485998846200.png (213KB, 424x458px) Image search: [Google]
1485998846200.png
213KB, 424x458px
>>12236582
WEW
>>
>>12237286
thanks heaps man its good to know that all docs in the world made recently are going to fall apart quickly based on your anecdotal evidence thanks you fucking idiot
>>
Alternatives for bigger feet.m? UK 13 ;_;. Love CP derbies but it if my price range
>>
>>12239448

Out of*
>>
>>12239448
How tall are you?
>>
>>12239650
6'4 also not fat.
>>
>>12239691
Grenson might have something similar you'd like, I would suggest wearing a straight leg cuffed pant with your shoe size and staying away from slim fitting pants
>>
File: 1484561307585.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484561307585.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>12236582
>>
>>12239710
:( I normally wear slims sure I'll look into them. Any recommendations on affordable straight legs. Not sure of any brands that do them besides dockers?
>>
>>12239727
It's just personal preference but wearing slim or skinny can make your feet look bigger and emphasise your frame (not necessarily a good thing)

How do you usually dress?
>>
File: 1475315696763.jpg (39KB, 451x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475315696763.jpg
39KB, 451x640px
>>12239730
Fair enough. Also mainly "normcore"/casual/smart casual if I'm feeling it. Though no rotation or formal shoes sucks.

Though I do wanna look into boots and derbies to change things up. Would wanna try out shit like this or dress more formal at times.

Then again I'm still building my style so I'm always open to experimenting. Apologies for blog
>>
>>12239741
Can't say we dress in a similar fashion but I'm feeling it, I would stock up some cash and build a list of items you want and how they pair together if you're serious about building style so you can select items that compliment eachother and save yourself the additional hastle of pairing new items with your old clothing.

That said I like the way Carhartt WIP Sid Pants fit so they might be a nice option for you, Carhartt's Station Pant is worth a look too if you're cuffing.
You'll often find those cheaper if you search a range of online shops too.
>>
File: 1475313979806.jpg (999KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1475313979806.jpg
999KB, 2000x3000px
>>12239775
Fair enough man and honestly I really do need to. Ive been so focusrd on looking good that i forgot about starting with basics and spending stupidly.

Hence why my wardrobe is all over the place. Student life = poorfag mode so it's even worse but I'll start looking into things that can be paired easily. Any recs? From another thread I was recommended to get olive and navy chinos probably from.uniqlo.

Recently got sand wash chinos from Carhartt wip and love the feel of them. I'll look into these ones you suggested, any other things you suggest? Or shops? Shopping online has been annoying these days

Don't mean to ask for so much spoonfeeding
>>
>>12239741
why not try redwing postman like what that geezer is wearin
>>
>>12238669
r/theredpill
>>
>>12239829
I was away my guy

Uniqlo is a good option for clean, nice clothes.
If you're living on student funds and you're in a reasonably sized city checking around thrift/charity/opshops is a really good option. If you're patient you're likely to find some really nice stuff for pennies.
End has a good selection of clothing to browse and gather ideas from since they're focused on mainly high end products but I would buy elsewhere or look for alternatives instead of buying from them.

Remember, dress for your budget. A man wearing high end pieces that can't afford other luxuries after blowing a budget looks just as dumb as a broke teen draped in BAPE and Yeezy clothing they bought with every last penny they have.
>>
>>12237150
>>12238619
>>12237286
They might not be as durable as in the past, but I think people are quick to dismiss the Asia ones because "muh bad Chinese quality."

I've had a pair of 1460s that I regularly wear for about 4 years. Other than some tears in the material near the heel (on the inside), the boots still remain in quite good shape (e.g. no holes on the outside).
>>
>>12235967
Are Solovair actually as good as people meme them up? Need some nice simple boots.
>>
i bought doc boots last year and wore them on the daily for about 6 months and they held up fine so i didn't believe people saying they went to shit, however this year 4 creases broke into holes in the span of 2 weeks, had to throw them out
soles were fine tho
>>
>>12240671
Did you put conditioner on them?

I feel like they must have been really dried out if the crease broke into holes like that.
>>
>>12238559
Thanks for telling us about your exciting life and that you are a grill. We all care sooooo much.
>>
>>12240671
kek, you should have just taken them to a cobbler
>>
>>12238992
Yeah sure, you may disagree with their attitude because they're queers or cucks or whatever (which really means that they don't go out of their way to be cunts like some do here and mask it for "brutal honesty") but just take a look at the catalogue here and there. Then, realize that you'd have to be a total jobless misanthropic mongoloid to even think about preferring to spend your time discussing fashion (not to say that even happens on this board, mostly it's high school kids asking which Reebok shoe looks the most retro) here.
>>
File: IMG_7807.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7807.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
4 years wearing them at least 3 times a week. a crease turned into a hole about a month ago, took em to a clobbler and fixed that shit, now they can last another 4 yrs
>>
>>12239913
Are they good? I'm not familiar with them but I've heard the name
>>
>>12240200
Thanks slot man. I'll keep this in mind for sure. Tbh thrift shops in London are nothing compared to the ones in the US. I see the shit people find on threads and other sites and it's crazy .

I really need to budget myself
>>
>>12235967
how is the quality on the made in England version of these and the 1460s
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.