[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vintage fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Where do I get these?
>>
get what?
there's like a million different things going on in that pic
not to mention none of it is probably vintage
>>
>>12225305
I mean vintage shit from the 30's or before.

For example that bandana thing on his neck. Never seen that in a store before
>>
>>12225311

That's an ascot tie, and if you weren't a plebeian you'd know it.
>>
>>12225311
Apparently people from the 30's wore modern slim jackets and 50mm watches?
>>
File: ascot - cravat.jpg (140KB, 1226x472px) Image search: [Google]
ascot - cravat.jpg
140KB, 1226x472px
>>12225395
it's a cravat, and if you weren't a plebeian you'd know it
ascots go around the collar of your shirt and in then in front of it, cravats go around your neck and then inside your shirt
>>
>>12225492

"Ascot" is used for both in my language

If I weren't a non-native speaker I'd know it :^)
>>
>>12225297
jacket too tight lapel too thin is that an oxford wth
>>
Just add a sepia tone to your pictures
>>
I have no issue with vintage-inspired fashion but every single aspect here is something you should not do
>>
>>12225297
damn thats cringe
>>
>>12226042
>>12226042
>>
>>12225520
It's not about being a non-native speaker, it's about not being a plebeian and knowing the English language.
But how would you know, you're fine with broken English.
>>
>>12225492
Burger detected
The left is a cravat, the right is a day cravat or ascot. The knot on the cravat on the left was at one point called an "ascot tie" (this was before "a tie" was the name of a garment), but that's fallen out of use. Regular cravats can also be tied in a ruche tie, which is basically a four-in-hand knot ("ruche" means wrinkled or scrunched, because the knot part comes out looking wrinkled due to how wide the blade is), or a cravat tie, which is basically the way that day cravat on the right is tied—you flop one blade over on the front, but on a formal cravat you tie it over your shirt and then peg it down with a stick pin.

You're the mong here, kid.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.