[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A suit for the modern era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

The basic jacket tie slack suit has been around for way too long, of you were to reinvent the suit, what would it look like?
>>
you're fucking kidding right mate? suits are perfect as is
>>
replace it with a fursuit
>>
File: 1.jpg (962KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
962KB, 2000x3000px
like this
>>
File: 1480353218821.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480353218821.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>12215957
First let's take the jacket. Remove its sleeves, so it's sleeveless like a vest. Replace the sleeve below the elbow with a long cuff that reaches just as far. Remove the bottom half of the jacket to make it shorter. It's now a half-length vest. Place one or two pockets on the inside and leave the outside pocket-less.

Take the dress shirt. Remove the collar. Make the shirt have buttons such that you can unbutton it at the wrist and re-button it at the elbow instead of having to roll up the sleeves if you want a shorter fit.

In place of cloth ties we now have necklaces as the standard, metallic being acceptable, of varying tightnesses, ranging from choker collar to loose chains.

Dress pants should be form fitting, easy to wash, and made of tougher (more tear-resistant) material.
>>
>>12216186
not OP btw
>>
File: ivy haraam.png (762KB, 693x709px) Image search: [Google]
ivy haraam.png
762KB, 693x709px
I'd fashion the lapels to be between two-and-a-half and three inches wide, three buttons but have the lapel roll such that it is to be closed at the middle button, two buttons on the cuff, shoulders completely unpadded and sloped, no darts, jacket length ending at the thumb knuckle of the gentleman wearing the suit jacket, with the gorge level with the tie knot, and a button stance that ensures that the V-zone opens up at the base of the gentleman's chest, subject to adjustment depending on the individual gentleman's physique.
I would pair suck a jacket with trousers that rest comfortably at the gentleman's natural waist, with slit-pockets that align with the side seams, droop loop buttons on the rear pockets, and slightly tapered leg that ends about seven to eight inches wide depending on shoe size. Trousers may or may not be cuffed and would have no break, or a single break depending on the gentleman's preference.

Any kafir who violates these rules will be beheaded.
>>
I really can't think of any way to change the suit, the way it look is great as is. Very simple which is the purpose of it anyways. I'd move away from thin lapels though, and make the pants thicker.
>>
>>12216199
oh, also make the sleeves be functional. surgeon's sleeves should be a mandatory feature on all suits they're fantastic.
>>
>>12216209
they should only be on mtm or bespoke suits because they make sleeve length adjustments near impossible on OTR
>>
File: Guayabera.jpg (81KB, 1032x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Guayabera.jpg
81KB, 1032x1023px
>>12215957
Go back to the practical garments they were descended from: 18th and 19th century suits generally made more sense:

- jackets could button up all the way if need be. None of this permanent ironed lapel bullshit.

- jacket should also be a little shorter so you can get in & out of a car without thinking about sitting on your coattail.

- "Tie" is descended from scarf, which actually had a purpose. Tie has none. Go back to scarves, if you need it to keep warm. Otherwise, fuck it.

- Shirt can be turtleneck or collarless. Most dress shirt collars are bullshit.

- Pants and jacket should be something you can just throw in the washer & dryer. Wool is obsolete unless it's winter. Polarfleece can probably be made to look just as neat.

Guayabera replaces "suit" in warm weather. Central Americans have always known this.
>>
I would just incorporate more stuff from Arabic or Chinese clothing. High collars, geometric or nature-based patterns, shirts/tunics that extend past the waist, untailored bottoms, etc. There's some really nice looking clothing there but international formal-wear has been a derivative of the English suit for pretty much ever.
>>
>>12216197
I agree with most of this except the neapolitan style shoulders. I much prefer the constructed look shoulders with high level of waist restriction.
>>
The suit is fine. However it needs to have more mobility. Suits only loook good if you are stood straight with your arms down by your sides.
>>
>>12217008
this is not the case with properly cut custom suits that have high armscyes (armholes), look at charlie chaplin for example or various ballroom dancers

off the rack stuff obviously won't fit properly
>>
>>12216996
*tips fedoralounge*
>>
One piece suit
>>
>>12218121
This is a thread about suits, what are you doing here?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.