[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is wrong with mallcore? I dress 100% mallcore/palewave/streetwear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: mallwear.jpg (6KB, 168x300px) Image search: [Google]
mallwear.jpg
6KB, 168x300px
What exactly is wrong with mallcore? I dress 100% mallcore/palewave/streetwear and apparently I'm very "stylish". (I know this isn't the case, hear me out.) My shoe lineup is as follows: Green Stans, CDG Cons, Old Skools, RL Polo Highs, and Brown Chelseas. NOBODY OUTSIDE OF PEOPLE WHO BROWSE /FA/ KNOW THAT MALLCORE/STREETWEAR IS FOLLOWER GARBAGE. The only exposure the average person gets to streetwear etc. is through an Instagram page they might follow or a few rappers they might follow.

I want a straight answer: Why do you try to innovate and avoid what I call "mid level" fashion? You're going to get roasted like no tomorrow if you go out in public wearing Full Rick. Why not just wear meme/mallcore/streetwear?

People have told me that my "style" is really interesting and innovative, and all of this is without putting forth any effort. So why do you try so hard?
>>
>>12204055
dress for yourself, not for others
>>
>>12204065
This. while I agree with you on the fact that no one else will care, you really should just dress in what you like instead of what everyone else is doing
>>
>>12204065
if thats the case why do all the /fa/shion kiddies lurk here and steal stuff? havent seen any original fits in forever
>>
>>12204055
S m hecking h "mid-level" bitch thats the lowest level

With that said your wardrobe demonstrates that although you have not invested a substantial amount of money (which often, in the case of clothes, correlates with time, effort, and care) into your wardrobe, youve invested just a little more than the average normie. You have no style of your own, but you have some things that are recognizable to other people who follow fashion.
Why try harder?
If you're dressing for other people, there is no reason to try harder. But you know thats not why we're here. The only rewarding part of all this is developing your personal style and expressing it creatively and effectively. You have yet to begin.
>>
>>12205089
inspo.
came here to bite a style then develop my own. also some threads informed me about designers, what's hot, and color coordination
>>
File: IMG_9898.gif (742KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9898.gif
742KB, 500x281px
>>12204055
>>newfag
>>full rick
>>doesn't know that's a meme
Lmfao
>>
>interesting and innovative
fatal flaw
there is nothing interesting or innovative about wearing clothes you can get at any mall

>roasted
/r/streetwear called, they want their userbase back
>>
It's unoriginal and boring. It's safe tho so you don't look bad
>>
File: 20170202_220704.png (558KB, 1440x375px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_220704.png
558KB, 1440x375px
w2c this jacket? (excuse the shitty crop)
>>
>>12205176
>What's hot

That's caring about what others think.
>>
>>12204055
Can someone tell me what that jacket is?
>>
I just dress how I like man
>>
>>12204055

i wouldn't care if some normie in bootcut jeans and timbs roasted me for what i wear. they are scum in my eyes .

people who would acknowledge, understand and appreciate the things i wear are the ones i want to be around anyways.
>>
>>12205089
Because they want it quick, they dont want to be learning about fashion for years and the designers and such, they just want to look good now, so they go and get a bomber, some skinny jeans and ultraboosts and now they are fashionable and can impress the gurls
>>
File: 1482174096261.png (293KB, 507x482px) Image search: [Google]
1482174096261.png
293KB, 507x482px
>going to the mall
>paying money for clothes

why would you do such a thing
>>
>>12204055
mallcore is fine but not if you post it on a board under the "creative" section of 4chan boards
>>
File: tumblr_miy7qkr5jF1s002r4o1_500.gif (604KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_miy7qkr5jF1s002r4o1_500.gif
604KB, 500x280px
the thing is though that the majority of people on the internet, which includes this board and all others, have no style either despite the ludicrous amounts of time and money spent following, purchasing, reselling etc designer brands.

You can be infinitely more stylish by spending time at thrift and consignment stores and supporting niche clothing stores that have unknown designers or vintage designer pieces that you can't even find on Grailed.

Someone wearing head to toe thrift clothes can easily look more stylish than the majority of this board
>>
>>12206123

Also, your clothes don't make you cool. What you do and how you act makes you cool, and on that merit most of this board fails.

What do you actually involve yourself in? Having a good looking tumblr page? Try creating something or doing something with yourself.

Go to a damn party or concert or on a fucking hike or some shit at the very least. Spending your time posting on /fa/ and refreshing Grailed just reinforces how boring and unstylish you are.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.