[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

disillusioned with fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (83KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 854x640px
how do you deal with this, /fa? I wouldn't say I'm losing interest, to be honest I'm probably getting an even more vested interest, I'm just tired of spending so much and planning so hard.

I'm tall and freakishly skinny, therefore I wear a lot of Saint Laurent, but it's getting to a point where I find stuff in thrift and women's shops that suits the 'aesthetic' more than actual slp. I kind of want to thrift more and make my own stuff. I'm waffling now anyway, I just wanted to discuss whether anybody else has felt like this recently
>>
I feel it too mate. I'm built the same way and I feel so tired of buying the same stuff for the past few years.

This just means you need to advance from the SLP style into something different and exciting, follow your desires and get into different designers/looks. This should be easy now that Hedi has left and the fashion world looks poised to be heading in a different direction to what we have been seeing for the past 9-10 years.
>>
>>12184311
Making/modifying my own stuff is my ultimate goal. Buying brands always makes me feel like a follower (no matter how much I like them).
>>
>>12184771
>>12184920
Thanks guys. Yeah, I think it's time I looked elsewhere, I'll keep buying slp jeans and boots because they're pretty unique if that makes sense, I always find their flannels and whatnot to be incredibly underwhelming though.

I'd like to venture into something like a cross between SLP and Dries, or Japanese street kid (think the cast of Blue Spring)

I can't quite get on board with the baggy, minimalist, sportswear type clothing that seems so popular at the minute.
>>
>>12185351
go full takahiro
>>
File: _LEM0031 (1).jpg (983KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
_LEM0031 (1).jpg
983KB, 2000x3000px
new lemaire collection feels like it has a tad of slp influence in there, maybe that'll give you some ideas
but i feel you m8, all the runway shit i used to be interested in and all the analytical discussion etc just feels cheesy and lame now imo
i just want some nice clothes, not some experimental crazy stuff that i dont feel comfortable wearing
brands like marni, lemaire, jil sander, margaret howell tend to be what i go for nowadays
>>
The mistake you made was making fashion your main thing.

Fashion should always be secondary to a better pursuit.

i.e. A painter, who is also /fa/

If you're just /fa/ then what the hell are you?
>>
>>12184311
>I'm just tired of spending so much and planning so hard.
then stop doing it you dumb fuck, stop over analyzing, just do shit
>>
>>12185351
so number nine/soloist
>>
Omg same! I'm at the point that i'm too lazy buy stuff and i'm trying to get rid most of my stuff.
Thrift shop is fun when u get the right item but then again still the same thing. Making your own clothing would be tricky too especially when u're trying to work the look.
Idk, fashion is hard
>>
>>12185414
Best post I've ever seen on this board
>>
>>12185414
is being a singer /fa/?
>>
>>12184920
i've only done very minimal d.i.y. stuff, but the satisfaction from customizing your clothes (even in a minor way) is great
>>
Get a real hobby.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.