[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tripp now using hipster faggots to market their goth clothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hipstergarbage.png (475KB, 1013x600px) Image search: [Google]
hipstergarbage.png
475KB, 1013x600px
Just ran across this the other night while I was looking into 90s-era fashions to see if they were on the comeback (JNCO jeans are slowly trickling back in), and decided to check out Tripp's site since it had been a long time.

For those who don't remember or never knew, Tripp pants are (were) really huge, heavy-duty pants that are (usually) covered in metal rings to attach chains to and cloth straps for no particular reason. They also usually unzip into shorts. They were immensely popular in the goth and rave scenes, but they were also a target for ridicule because they just plain look pretty retarded. They are very comfortable if you ever get a chance to wear them though, especially if you like loose fitting clothes that aren't constantly rubbing on you.

But anyway, the first thing I noticed is how tame the site was now. Anyone who remembers the old site or at the very least remembers the people who wore the pants knows they used to use pretty realistic models to market their pants. Usually very gloomy looking mid-20's with lots of goth makeup. You know, people who look like the person who will actually be wearing the pants.

Now they have this dude. They also have a few other hipster looking bitches in the girls department.

Does this fucking dude really look like a guy who wears Tripp pants?

Is goth really so fucking dead they've had to resort to marketing to normie faggots? That's sad as hell.

Wayback machine link if you want to see some old stuff, most of the good links don't work because the site went full-flash for a while and it wont load.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040616092706/http://www.trippnyc.com/
>>
>>12179808
even the model is cringing and wishing the photoshoot ends soon
>>
>>12179813
I can't decide if he's actually miserable or if they told him to avoid looking happy because only sad people wear these pants even if they aren't actually goth.
>>
>>12179808
>Does this fucking dude really look like a guy who wears Tripp pants?

I have never seen anyone look good in Tripp pants. I can't imagine someone who wears them has any semblance of taste.

I also don't really understand the goth association. Unless by goth you mean Marilyn Manson, Nine-inch-Nails, Slipknot fanboys, or people who rave (ie. not goth).

The only good goth style was a mix of new-romantic and punk, but that spawned all the lacy, pseudo victorian shite you see people wearing.
Tripp pants and other modern "goth" shit is so so much worse though and you should avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>12179908
Like sisters of mercy, siouxie and the banshees, strawberry switchblade etc?
>>
>>12179808
There were a couple chicks who wore this shit.

Isn't the point for that one rave dancing style where you slide your feet around.
>>
>>12179808
We had a white goth in high school who wore white trip pants everyday. Everyone knew him as Jesus. You knew where he was because people would yell out, "It's Jesus!" Whenever he walked by.
>>
Actually around the time rave culture
was popular in the 90s (American rave culture I don't know shit about rave culture in Europe) those pants were more common on ravers that looked liked that guy. It wasn't until the 00s when 'emo' faggot Hot Topic shoppers picked up on them.

My cousin had a pair of skinny tripps
right around the time when the trend was dying.
>>
The sort of people who wore Tripps were always goofy looking and looked liked they stick.

I live in Baltimore so most people you'd see wearing them were black kids into weird shit and it always looked terrible.

They used to/still hang around the harbor looking mad fucking retarded, dancing to EBM(yes I mean EBM not EDM) trance, and that agrotech bullshit. Cunniving fucks too.
>>
>>12179908
Yeah goth is dead. You can't tell that to cringy lolita goth, cybergoths and the rest of the cancer that came out of the 90's/early 00's. They think goth means some retard yelling down a mic. But you can't really blame them when the media conflated goth with everything else, metal etc.

Original Goth/Postpunk style is good and timeless. But what passed for goth after Manson(who is not goth) and the like took off is just ridiculous costume bullshit.
>>
I remember a girl had a pair of those in middle school and other students would pull on the straps and make neighing sounds

>>12181130
>lolita goth
>yelling down a mic
Good job showing you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
finally i get to post this again
>>
>>12181130
everything is dead, any sort of subculture is impossible int the internet age as theres no regular culture to counter.
>>
>>12179808
Honest question: what do you mean when you use the term "hipster?"
You sound like a neckbeard angry at a vague, undefined group of people for no reason at all
>>
>>12180528
Do you live in Massachusetts?
Was he, me?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.