[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion Design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o4m9kr0AhN1rr7bxbo2_250.jpg (26KB, 250x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4m9kr0AhN1rr7bxbo2_250.jpg
26KB, 250x381px
Does anybody here study fashion with the intention to become a designer? I am interested to what that's like, especially for being in the UK.
>>
I do. It's fucking hardcore. If you have a good spatial kind of mind where you can imagine folding something flat around a body, go for it. It's very technical and hands on. If you liked geometry in school(like constructing angles, and drawing lines with rulers) go for it. I would advise you to first take a beginners intro before enrolling into a 2-3 year course. Just to see if you like it.
>>
>>12162030
I'm learning on my own. My issue is that I spend tons of time thinking of neat ass designs and not enough actually sewing shit up.
>>
>>12162400
Maybe the reason of not sewing shit is the step between that and thinking of designs? a very important step.
>>
>>12162431
You mean patternmaking?
>>
>>12162030
Don't be a fucking idiot and waste your money.

Find a job that pays decent/has free time and do fashion stuff as a hobby. Maybe sit some form of BSc and use your loan money to learn the ropes. Then you'll have a job that supports your passion rather than an arts degree, shit job and no free time.
If you actually want it enough you'll do this, if you're just telling yourself you want it, you'll go to art's Uni like everyone else and end up in debt, cliche and unemployed.

Just my two cents. (Ex BA student, left for a software BSc after one year and I really dodged a bullet senpai.)
>>
>>12162030

I am

It's pretty rough I'm only doing it because it's the one thing I'm actually knowledgeable about and could see working in

But even so it's fucking hard as shit man

As for UK schools just go follow all the CSM instagrams and follow all the "hip" students too and recent grads, see how they live

If you're in London at CSM LCF RCA etc alot is happening and there's quite a spotlight, it's an international stage with tons of up and coming talent so competition is pretty crazy but London does have some of the best infrastructure to nurture young designers (MAN, Fashion East, etc.) and idk about others but CSM has some of the best placements in the entire industry for their students during and after school.
>>
Neither rick Owens or raf Simons went to do fashion at uni. Do you have the intention to start your own company?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.