[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you thrift menswear? ignore anything other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

how do you thrift menswear?

ignore anything other than givenchy/gucci/armani?
>>
File: noelle foley.jpg (97KB, 804x1068px) Image search: [Google]
noelle foley.jpg
97KB, 804x1068px
>>12146250
thrift in affluent/rich people areas

tons of them are throwing away perfectly good shit because:
it no longer fits them/their kids
they have huge wardrobes
tax deductions

I used to volunteer at one, not only could you thrift menswear there, you could furnish a house for cheap as hell
>>
>>12146250
For vintage, pick your favorite fashion decade, then go to a place that had an industrial boom/rapid growth in that time period.
>>
>>12146270
this. the absolute best ones are in the slightly less well off neighborhoods (still good areas) right near super rich areas.
the trick is that you have to go a lot. i leave emptyhanded 9/10 but the stuff i do get is amazing.
and i dont mean that you have to go several times a week or anything, thrifting isnt my hobby, its just the closest clothes store to me.
>>
>>12146250
Just find things that fit, fuck the brand
>>
>>12146270
>>12146993
this. Also check yard sales, junk markets and car boot sales if you live in a well-off area. Copped a YSL jacket last weekend. Sure most of the time there's jack shit, but when you do find it, it feels damn good.

Also, keep in mind how styles from different eras are supposed to fit differently. 90s and 00s are fucking garbage for suit jackets, 80s is good if you're eccentric (seriously, don't fucking bother if you want to look neutral/'classy', it's for showponies), 70s is best imo but the fabrics tend to be shit. Most of the shit you'll get from thrift shops will be 90s-00s so if you're struggling finding good cuts, that's why. Markets and dedicated vintage clothing shops (find a good one though) are way more expensive but way more interesting.
>>
>>12146270
Fucking THIS
Also don't just stare at the tags, feel the fabric, check out the stitching and seams, the fit, materials etc.
>>12147222
YSL soucred ton of their shit during 90s basically if you don't find something YSL when thrifting here it's a surprise but the quality is fucking garbage
>>
>>12147228
yeah mine is 80s (and looks it, sorry but I fucking love exaggerated shoulderpads and tiny waists) but the quality isn't that great. Don't know why people bother buying their shit new but I've been a thriftfaggot all my life so what would I know I guess
>>
File: paypay.jpg (24KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
paypay.jpg
24KB, 640x360px
Went to a thrift store once and found a nice patagonia pullover for 9,90$. Feels good!
>>
>>12146250
why do you even put gucci beside givenchy ROFL
>>
i live in nyc and can't seem to find the right places to go

there's so much garbage, it's unreal. they don't feel the need to sort by sizes either
>>
>>12146250

I always find thrifting mens fashion to be a challenge. Men tend to wear their clothes until they fall apart. Shoes are shot, jackets are threadbare, shirts are stained and disgusting. Like others said, you need to be content with leaving 9/10 times with nothing. Affluent areas usually know what they are selling and price accordingly. They also attract people who can recognize brands and quality and the spots get picked bare. You don't make money by spending money, reasonably rich folks know how to score a deal and seek them out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.