[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ties General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 123457890.jpg (148KB, 658x539px) Image search: [Google]
123457890.jpg
148KB, 658x539px
All real men with jobs r8, h8, etc.

I can't seem to find any ties I like/think are effay that aren't solid color or dotted. The plaid one is my meme and I never wear it.

Let's see what you got, /fa/.
>>
File: WIN_20170109_181508.jpg (280KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170109_181508.jpg
280KB, 1280x720px
Where did you get those ones? I started a tie collection.
>>
>>12142857
Finally a place to ask this.
How much should I be spending on a quality silk tie? I only have a few ties which were gifts from my dad and I'd like to pick out a few new ones.
>>
>>12142863
>Where did you get those ones?
I got all of them except the plaid one at the Tie Bar.

>How much should I be spending on a quality silk tie?
I wouldn't spend more than $50 for a tie, but I think ties tend to be overpriced as it is. Tie Bar is the best bet in my opinion. The quality is solid, and they're all 20 bucks.

Swear I'm not a shill.
>>
>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING TIES.
>>
>>12142871
What's your price range? I plan on keeping a few $20 to $30 ones for settings that showing off would be inappropriate in. A good silk tie is probably going to be higher than that, though, more like $50 to $100+

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/ties/0210,default,sc.html

https://shop.roberttalbott.com/men/neckwear.html
>>
>>12142891
Sounds like a pretty good deal.
>>
So I'm 22 and I told myself this is the year I step it up. I actually just found out I only have two ties, I thought I had more. Are there any "tastefully wild" ties out there /fa/ is a fan of? I want something that says "I have tons of fun and I can also wow you with my Excel skills"
>>
>>12142922
What do you have in mind? Express's stuff is a bit more "youthful."

http://www.express.com/clothing/men/ties/cat/cat280005
>>
File: 78987.jpg (402KB, 1360x1195px) Image search: [Google]
78987.jpg
402KB, 1360x1195px
>>12142922
Post your ties.

I don't really know about "tastefully wild". As I said in the OP I basically don't wear anything except solid colors and dotted. It's not to say nothing else works for other people but I feel like nothing else works for me.

My best advice would be to go with a linen, non-silky (this is important) tie of a single very saturated color. Royal blue and dark purple would work well, and then wear it with a suit and shirt that compliment it well. So a light powder blue shirt or a light lavender shirt.

I've gotten my share of compliments from grills when I wear my royal blue tie.

Pic is a couple of my favorite combinations.

Most guys aren't doing anything like this. It's not to say I'm some kind of fashion patrician or anything (I'm not), but I'm certainly the most noticed guy at my work. When most guys look like complete shit it's not hard to be eye catching. I think these combos are maybe "fun" but still definitely professional.
>>
File: IMG_20161203_181802.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161203_181802.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
These, I keep getting them as gifts I have like 400 now.

The 2 blue ones I've had for years and wear the most often horse it and geo.

I sent some poorfag Reddit kid like 250 orange red and green ones in hipster prints
>>
How does one pull off things like floral ties. Poorfag who has only ever worn jeans and t shirts. Trying to expand a little. A suit is out of the question, limited to things like khakis and maybe a cheap blazer. Also any tips for making sure my tie is going to be long enough before I finish my knot? And what are the rules for wearing ties with button ups that aren't really mean for ties, like the popular dot patterned American Eangle button downs with the button down collars? Can you pull it off with confidence or does it just look stupid?
>>
>>12142857
>Not wearing bowties

You stupid, stupid man
>>
>>12143703
Too try hard, imho, though I think black guys can pull them off though.
>>
>>12143679
Don't ever wear a tie in a situation that doesn't call for it (not work, a wedding, dinner at a nice restaurant, etc.) Wearing a tie casually as just a fashion statement is weapons grade autism.

>Also any tips for making sure my tie is going to be long enough before I finish my knot?

Fold the wide end up to your shoulder. The bottom of the folded wide end should be level with the narrow end and reach up evenly to your shoulder. That's a good indication you'll get the right length.

>And what are the rules for wearing ties with button ups that aren't really mean for ties, like the popular dot patterned American Eangle button downs with the button down collars? Can you pull it off with confidence or does it just look stupid?

Never, ever do this.
>>
>>12142915
My goal was 50-60 max per tie so thank you very much.
>>
>>12143679
That tie isn't very nice. For more intricate designs I prefer ties like: http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Red-Mosaic-Flower-Silk-Tie/505466126709,en_GB,pd.html

Generally, if the tie design is complex then it should be paired with a plain shirt. If your shirt is patterned then you should try and aim for a plain tie. Otherwise it looks noisy.

Like the other poster mentioned I wouldn't wear a tie outside of a formal occasion. A casual shirt and pair of flat-front trousers is fine if you want to dress less casually.
>>
>>12143590
what brand
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.