[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make hair "stand up"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (19KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 197x255px
How do I get hair like pic related? I already have a similar enough haircut but I don't know how to get the hair on top of my head to stand up. Whenever I brush it back it lies flat against my head, but I want to have some volume between the top of my head and the top of my hair.
>>
>>12127350
People just have different kinds of hair, man. Mine lies flat, too. Best just to deal with it and find what works naturally for you. Not to say that some knowledgable hair stylist couldn't figure out a way to accomplish what you're asking, but why bother? Just be you, and get really, really good at being you. Someday some anon will see you, and start a thread saying, "How can I get my uppity vertical hair to lie flat like pic related...."
>>
>>12127360
I'm pretty sure most hair naturally lies flat. Nearly every male I know has hair that goes up in some way and I'm sure this has to do with styling, not with genetics. I have on a few occasions managed by accident to have my hair resemble something like pic related and want to recreate it.
>>
>>12127350
have thicker hair
>>
>>12127366
>Nearly every male I know has hair that goes up in some way and I'm sure this has to do with styling, not with genetics
Not necessarily. My hair goes straight up without product. I have to style my hair to control how it goes up. If I just wash it and let it dry on its own, it'll go up and all over the place. It looks ridiculous.

OP, maybe try volumising shampoo for a bit along with a lighter product, like a cream or water based pomade. It might help. But it might be a battle if your hair is inclined to fight that behaviour. Ask a half decent barber or hairdresser the next time you get a trim.
>>
>>12127686
It's not a matter of fighting that behavior, it's a matter of not knowing how to even attempt a "standing up" look like pic related. I have accidentally made my hair resemble that look somewhat in the past, so I know it's not entirely impossible with my hair. I'm trying to figure out what combing techniques or whatever I should use to attempt this look.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 236x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 236x288px
>>12127686
Specifically I'm referring to having the hair lie parallel to the scalp, but somewhat raised above it rather than having the hair stick straight up or lie flat on the scalp.
>>
>>12127412
Not him but I have extremely thick hair and my cowlicks still prevent this from happening
>>
>>12127350
Put styling mousse on wet/damp hair and blow dry it with your head upside down
>>
>>12127789
Literally comb it all back, away from your forehead. Sorry, I didn't think that needed explanation.
>>
>>12127350
dont wash it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.