[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refute this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Dr_Matthew_Walker_Oxford.jpg (7KB, 180x231px) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Matthew_Walker_Oxford.jpg
7KB, 180x231px
>Dr Matthew Walker, a lecturer in the Art History department at the University of Oxford, recently stated he believes the state of modern fashion is in disarray due to the proliferation of cheap clothing
>"Much like we have an obesity problem due to access to cheap, rubbish fast-food, we have a fashion problem with our recent access to a wider array of colour dyes and textiles"
>"What this has resulted in is a large number of designers, who believe the only way to be successful in a competitive clothing market is to out-do each other in terms of garishness and shock value"
>Specifically mentioning fashion designer Rick Owens, Dr Walker stated that "hacks like Owens are further diluting the already water-thin world of fashion with their immodest designs, to appeal only to the lower-class who previously could never dream of affording fashionable clothing, but now have them in reach due to faux designers dragging down the rest of fashion with them"

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>Rick Owens
>hack

I'm confused.
>>
>>12119853
>the state of modern fashion is in disarray due to the proliferation of cheap clothing

this is objectively true

rest is kike garbage
>>
>>12119853

>Dr Matthew Walker, a lecturer in the Art History department at the University of Oxford, recently stated he believes the state of modern fashion is in disarray due to the proliferation of cheap clothing

This can be translated to:

>Dr. Matthew Walker, a lecturer in the Art History department at Oxford, recently finished reading "Overdressed" by Elizabeth Cline

>hacks like Owens... immodest designs... appeal only to the lower-class

lol. moral panic over peepees. same shit since the 17th century
>>
File: 1454575841007.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1454575841007.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>12119903
>>12119864
Tricky Rick fanboys on suicide watch.
>>
>>12119926

Dr Matthew Walker fanboy on suicide watch.

see I can do it too now I won the argument not u
>>
>>12119853
>Dresses like shit
>Critiques modern fashion
>>
>>12119942
post fit riccboi
>>
>>12119942
Hey, maybe he's critical of modern fashion because he can't find anything to wear that doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>12119903
>Overdressed" by Elizabeth Cline
I just looked up the book and it seems interesting. Have you read it or should i not bother?
>>
>>12119992

it's worth a read. it's a mixture of research and analysis, "personal journey," and notes toward the future. she's not the best writer, but her ideas are good and she presents them decently enough.
>>
>>12119864
>the lower-class who previously could never dream of affording fashionable clothing, but now have them in reach
>Rick Owens
>affording
>>
>>12120084
Look up fashion costs before the late 19th century
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.