[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suit shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

my mom's christmas gift to me is a new suit. she's gonna take me out suit shopping tomorrow, where should i go? is Jos. A Bank a meme? what about Men's Warehouse?
>>
File: 1449431874228.png (138KB, 358x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449431874228.png
138KB, 358x360px
Nice gift anon give your mom a big hug

I'm not American so I can't help you, but remember it's easy to shorten trousers so they don't crumple on top of your shoes and it's also easy to shorten sleeves so they don't end up at your knuckles, but it's almost impossible to fix bad shoulders, tightness at the waist or a loose collar.

The shoulders should not be loose or wrinkling from the stretch, you should be able to button jacket (never button the bottom button) without wrinkles around the button (if you see an X-shaped wrinkle it's too small) and a good rule for the collar is, it should show as much shirt at the back of your neck as it shows at the wrists (like half an inch maybe? I'm not American).

And before buying a suit, always try one size lower. It usually fits you fine without wrinkling from stretching and looks better, people tend to buy loose suits when they don't know.
>>
>>12118453
thanks for the tips anon!
>>
>>12118433
just go to Nordstrom for the convenience of multiple designers in one house, and also >>12118453
>>
Suit supply.
>>
Suit supply
>>
>>12118595
what's suit shopping at nordstrom like? do they have a dedicated suit section with suit salespeople and a tailor, or is it just another department like everything else?
>>
>>12118617
Nordstrom has dedicated departments for every category of clothing almost. Like theres a shoe department with one or two sales associates tasked to that area, or an active ware section with a desk. So to answer your question, yes they have a dedicated suit section with suit salespeople and (in some cases) a tailor.

Just remember to go to an actual Nordstrom and not a Nordstrom Rack, because the latter is far from what I just told you
>>
>>12118433
I work at a Men's wearhouse. Wear their suits 5 days a week. Joseph Abboud is good. Quality suit. You'll get a long lifetime from one. They even have a custom program if you want to go so far
>>
Brooks Brothers.
>>
>>12118900
i live about 20 minutes away from a brooks brothers factory outlet, what should i expect if i go there?

>>12118648
does nordstrom have affordable suits? i know their regular clothes tend to be on the more expensive side

for reference, i wear a suit maybe 3 times a year. company christmas party, easter with the family, anniversary dinner. i don't wear suits on the daily. i'll probably be getting a slimmer fit charcoal suit similar to the one i posted in the OP
>>
>>12118936
Nordstrom gets a bit pricey. But expensiveness is all relative. How much is your budget for this suit? Are you willing to sacrifice quality for price?

Knowing my own mother, if she were to do me the service of buying a suit for me as a gift, the budget would be under $500. Personally my budget would be at least twice her's. So for me, Nordstrom is a good starting place, for my mom, it would be JC Penney.

Also you asked about Brooks Brothers. They also tend to be a bit pricey, but I know for a fact that their factory outlets are a lot better for affordability. Their service isn't as dedicated and their selection is basically entry level clothing, but once you get past that they have a pretty good deal for what they've got.
>>
>>12119030
>How much is your budget for this suit? Are you willing to sacrifice quality for price?
i assume my mom's budget is also going to be under $500 or around there. as far as quality/price, i won't be wearing it often so it doesn't need to be a suit designed to stand up to daily wear, but obviously i don't want the seams popping apart in the crotch or something either. i think a mid-level suit will probably be fine for my purposes

i'll probably hit up nordstrom, JAB, and the BB outlet, take a look at what they've got, and then make a selection. thanks for the advice!
>>
>>12118787
For a low budget suit, obey this man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.