[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most overpriced and worst-value brands (for what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1480970841834.jpg (8KB, 269x211px) Image search: [Google]
1480970841834.jpg
8KB, 269x211px
What are the most overpriced and worst-value brands (for what is charged) that are generally respected, in both the mainstream and high-fashion domains? As in, coveted brands such as Tom Ford where unremarkable cotton button-ups are priced at $300+ or anything with the Burberry plaid check that retails for $200+
>>
Converse for the mainstream. Yeah they're not too pricey, but they fall apart so fucking fast due to wear and shitty design
>>
>>12100523
so not true
>>
Acne Studios

They have the gravitas to charge $250+ for polyester pants and for their "brilliant" gender statement garments
>>
Michael Kors
mainstream Louis Vuitton
Marc Jacobs
>>
File: 1476166302665.jpg (27KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1476166302665.jpg
27KB, 342x342px
>Hugo Boss selling fused suits at a fully canvased price point
>>
>>12100560
>mainstream Louis Vuitton

is there a SINGLE item from LV that isn't egregiously overpriced and poorly-constructed?
>>
>>12100581
>chinks still pay for them
>>
>>12100560
Any luxury designer fits this description, it's about exclusivity; making a statement to show you have disposable income. There's literally no difference between a $400 Valentino t-shirt and a uniqlo tee.
>>
>>12100657
>Any luxury designer fits this description
>any established luxury designer*
they wouldn't get away with it if they didn't have a huge following already.

Hugo Boss is probably the worst offender using their namesake to their advantage. Everyone has heard of it.
>>
>>12100581
They've really gone downhill since dressing the nazis, they're legitimately one of the tackiest brands around nowadays.
>>
Balmain
>>
ASC or Vetements.
>>
>>12100640

This is basically the reason for every mall luxury brand existing. Western interest died off, or is dying off, and they don't have to try anymore because Chinese people love the brand name and just want to plaster themselves with it.
>>
>>12100666
Overpriced, yes.
Worst value, no.
My biker jeans are the most durable pair of pants I've ever owned.
They also put out fairly unique pieces with crazy embroidery and stuff.
All overpriced but still high quality.
>>
Bape comes to mind, streetwear is an awful, awful thing
>>
>>12100523
literally have converses I bought for $50 3 years ago that are in amazing shape
>>
I'm surprised All Saints hasn't been mentioned yet.
>>
>>12101223
I own a few Allsaints shirts. For what they retail for and for how long I've owned them, I really cannot complain: I have yet to experience any busted seams or loose buttons despite fairly regular use
>>
>>12100509
Don't get me started on Zara
>>
>>12100657
>There's literally no difference between a $400 Valentino t-shirt and a uniqlo tee.
nice b8
>>
>>12100523
I have converse from 2006 that are still completely fine and have been worn a hell of a lot. You need to ensure you have a narrow foot though and rotate your shoes. I like how worn in they look, though they have started to develop 2 small holes in the canvas now.
>>
>>12100509
i bought an our legacy fleece recently for £200 and it was the shittiest quality thing i've ever felt. sent it right back
>>
>>12100666
Balmain is pretty well made. Better than Saint Laurent and others in that category imo.

>>12100657
All luxury brands inflate prices but there is a big difference between the brands that have a half dozen diffusion lines plastering their logo everywhere and the brands that keep everything in a collection under a consistent price structure.
>>
UNIF
>>
>>12101223
This.
Luckily there's an outlet allsaints where I live. I can get boots or shoes for 25 dollars and t shirts for 15. Paying over a hundred for a piece of clothing there is a mistake.
>>
>>12101223
I like a lot of what Allsaints has and I totally agree.

Y-3 also comes to mind
>>
>>12100657
>this is what poorfags actually believe
valentino is disgustingly overpriced but you literally cant actually believe this
>>
>>12101221
fuck off poor fag
>>
>>12103488
bape is disgustingly overpriced
you dont have to be poor to know that youre paying out the ass for the brand 90% of the time
>>
>>12103488
Looks like we got an angry FOB here folks! SAD!
>>
Vetements
>>
>>12103220
Even for the leather jackets they have?
>>
>paying more than $50 for a t-shirt
If you do this you're a cuck
>>
Off-white
>>
moncler and isabel benenato for sure for sure
>>
>>12103776
those are actually pretty nice. if it fits right, you have the money to spend, and it's not too tacky, then yea for the price those seem alright.
>>
>>12101223
I've got a pair of jeans by allsaints. they're pretty good. a tad overpriced, but overall, decent quality.
>>
>>12100509
I feel like a lot of raf could fit in this. I love his stuff but for what you're getting it's not worth anywhere near the price.
>>
>>12103866
ofc
ever since post 2007 or whenever it hit the streetwear mainstream the prices have ramped up because he knows people will still buy his shit
>>
Bape, Supreme, most street wear brands are overpriced
Fendi
Louis Vuitton bags are gorgeous but they start falling apart way too soon
Comme des Garçons makes a few really shitty products that should be $20 but they're >$120
>>
>>12104003
i think for cdg you might be referring to PLAY
cdg PLAY is rei's shill mill so she can fund her avant garde stuff, its almost like raf by raf but 100x more shillable as the cdg logo is much more recognizable
>>
>>12104006
yes

I love the heart with eyes though it's really cute
>>
>>12104066
si
>>
File: 1480977997484.jpg (2MB, 2790x3509px) Image search: [Google]
1480977997484.jpg
2MB, 2790x3509px
From worst value to ok value

Anything yeezy or Virgil Abloh
Fear of God / Enfants Riches / All those USA-based awful "1000€ for a flannel" brands
Supreme/Palace/Hyped collabs between streetwear brands
Vêtements
Saint Laurent
All diffusion brands except Y's, MHL and Silent
"Prep sportswear" : Polo, Lacoste, Hilfiger, Fred Perry etc
Acne
CDG Play
Most of the shit that you find on Yoox
Super expensive yet bad quality : Isaac Sellam Experience, most modern RAF
Common Projects, most sneakers with margom soles
Y-3 although some pieces are interesting
Most high street brands (Sandro, Kooples, Scotch &Soda...) OL and Ervell are a notch better
Gosha
Edwin and Beams that's not made in Japan
>>
>>12104096
good list
im suprised to see gosha so high up
can you elaborate?
>>
>>12104102
It's cheap compared to Supreme for example (25€ scarves, 60€ tees...) and it's made in Portugal and decent quality.
>>
>>12104124
Gosha is more expensive than supreme for tshirts and sweats. Still a good value though as better quality and the designs are more interesting.

Gosha outerwear, though his best stuff, is a different story. Stupid overpriced
>>
Acne is definitely a good example.

Loro piana is good quality but pricing is absurd considering the basic designs.

Super trendy brands are often bad value, think Vêtements Off White Golden Goose

Commes des Garçons play- although I love the rest of the company so I'm okay with them doing this cash grab.
>>
>>12100640
its the reason why that brand is still alive you fucking subhuman
>>
Is there any brand worth speding $ in? I'll just stick to H&M desu
>>
>>12100509
mfw i bought this and it has that asymmetric burberry plaid and now I feel like buying the burberry one
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.