[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why watch pricks hate fashion watches? I agree they are over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

why watch pricks hate fashion watches? I agree they are over priced, but its easy to find them on sale and clearance for half off or more. They look better than most watches in their price range. By "fashion" watches I mean like armani, skagen, fossil, michael kors, ya know those guys. They look really good so why do people get all high and mighty because its not a seiko, or rolex, or some automatic shit.
>>
>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.
>>
>>1209834
yeah, its called FASHION, faggot
>>
It mainly has to do with the conception that jewelry is for women, so watches are "testament to the intricacies and history of horology" and other bullshit to justify it. There are tons of quartz watches out there that will fulfill the same purpose without the cost, and they'll even keep time better than any mechanical that even a white collar office exec could afford.
If a watch looks good and you're not getting jew'd by paying $800 for a $15 quartz movement. then got for it.
>>
>>12098360
thank you. finally, like who really cares, its all about if you like the look anyway, if you want history, go get your gramps ugly ass watch
>>
>>12098360
partly this and partly watch fags are total dorks. Like, middle aged accountants with no interest in fashion outside of watches.
>>
i was over at r/Watches and they always post ugly watches, pretty annoying and stuck up bunch
>>
because they are just plain ugly
>>
>>12098376
glad im not the only one that thinks so
>>
>>12098378
are you blind? the watches they post there are either exactly the same or miles ahead of the watches I see in these threads. for every cheap vostok on /g/ or /fa/ there's a beautiful omega or rolex posted there.

people on reddit have more money and can spend more on nicer watches.
>>
>>12098392
idk man, ive seen alot of ugly seikos there and invictas of all things
>>
>>12098392
and why do you say ppl on reddit have more money? wheres is that coming from?
>>
>>12098403
think about the demographic that each site attracts

reddit = pretty much everyone

4chan = people >20yo
>>
>>12098399
I mean reddit probably does have a larger user base since it's "less scary"/"more work safe" etc, so you end up with a lot of dudes that just don't understand aesthetics.

Also the common stigma with fashion watches is that a lot of them are cheaply made, are horribly overpriced, and are generally pretty ugly. Fossil and other cheaper brands fit the bill, along with the overpriced designer watches found in basic department stores like Macy's.
>>
>>12098413
whoops <20yo
>>
>>12098413
i think 4chans demographic is a bit older than 20 year olds, but i see your point. basically reddit is just liking asking the opinion of everyone, which always sucks
>>
File: sb45dirsce6y.jpg (750KB, 3024x2826px) Image search: [Google]
sb45dirsce6y.jpg
750KB, 3024x2826px
>>12098403
>>12098399
you will never see this on /fa/. ever.
>>
>>12098415
yeah i agree, overpriced as hell, but like i said, its easy to find them on sale since the companies are always coming out with new shit, i got $200 skagen for $60 at T.J.MAXX
>>
>>12098420
because those are hella expensive, and frankly dont even look that good, they all have similar a similar look, the only thing unique about them is the name brand
>>
>>12098420
I honestly, would not wear any of these. They look typical and uninteresting.
>>
>>12098420
There are some dudes here carrying some serious money here, but it is true that there are less people here with those kinds of watches. It also probably doesn't help that some of the people on reddit are watch dads from forums like WUS.
>>
>>12098420
not effay at all unless on an optician on a golf course.

*doffs cap*

Regards Gentlemen
>>
Why not spend some money on a watch? When it comes to jewelry, watches are about the only thing a guy can wear without coming of as a wannabe gangster.
>>
File: speede.png (1MB, 810x686px) Image search: [Google]
speede.png
1MB, 810x686px
>>12099455
And as far as watches go my opinion is that speedy pro is the most versatile and timeless watch in lower mid-range. Also offers a lot of bang for the buck for the money (I got mine for a bit under 3k brand new and that's very cheap for a recognizable brand name with chronograph). Also so much history on this one and the size should suit most of the people. That's the main reason I got this as my daily driver.
>>
File: IMG_2904.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2904.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Pretty worth
>>
File: AT1_3270_zpsjndkza3w.jpg (147KB, 800x672px) Image search: [Google]
AT1_3270_zpsjndkza3w.jpg
147KB, 800x672px
>>12099462
I'm more of a Max Bill person, but I do agree that the Speedmaster is a very safe and classic design that retains its value (If you don't get one of the povo discount ones).
>>
>>12098345
Because you're overpaying for ugly shit that'll break within a year and need to constantly be replaced.
>>
>>12099654
I don't know about that Armani the OP has, but I have a titanium cased fashion brand watch that's about two years old, that is worn as a one of my daily wear watches, and the case and crystal are scratch free, and it keeps excellent time.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.