[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CLOTHING/GARMENT CARE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1095485894589345.jpg (107KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
1095485894589345.jpg
107KB, 299x299px
questions about wash, alterations, tailoring, storage, etc.
>>
reason i made the thread was because i spilled coffee all over my cashmere knit and SLP d-02 denim and i'm not what the right approach to wash them is

for the knit i jabbed it with cold water and got most of the stain out, the only thing i'm afraid of is it not being as soft anymore but i'll wait for it to dry

for the jeans i soaked them in cold water for the stain but idk how i'm gonna get the smell out, i'm really hesitent to wash them

any tips?
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Has anyone used those dry clean dryer sheets before? I thrifted a cashmere coat a couple months back that has a bit of a stonk and a small light stain, and I was wondering if I could just do that like an absolute madman instead of taking it to a cleaners.
>>
>>12094150
I have just hung wool out in my backyard in a breeze for a day and it really reduced the odor
>>
Guess this falls under clothing care:

What do you all use for hangers?

I have a bunch of cheap plastic ones for t-shirts, they work fine for that. But am in need of some nice ones for my heavier and more delicate clothing.
I don't want shoulder nipples.
>>
>>12095757
For things like sweaters and other knitwear, fold that shit up. Only things like outerwear and shirts should be on hangers.
If you absolutely have to though, get some wider hangers meant for suits and the like, since they distribute pressure more evenly than a thin cheap hanger.
>>
Will turning off spin cycle prolong how long my clothes last?
>>
>>12094142
don't worry too much about the jeans, smells don't stick around on denim for too long, if the stain is good, you're good.

as for the sweater, the softness will probably be down a bit, sorry. it will likely look the same, so that's a plus.

source: worked dry cleaning and garment care for a while
>>
>>12096055
thanks homie, the knit turned out fine. the jeans feel a little weird but they'll likely adjust after wearing them a bit

>>12095757
wooden for everything. fold tees and knitwear, i sometimes get lazy and hang sweats though
>>
File: 1463346050416.jpg (93KB, 738x422px) Image search: [Google]
1463346050416.jpg
93KB, 738x422px
How can I maintain the Iron-on Transfer that's on my Tricky Ricky sweater as long as possible without it cracking
>>
>>12097176
Hand wash in cold water with mild detergent.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.