[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 36

LAST THREAD >>12063717

---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1482157239260.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1482157239260.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12093943
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
Anyone ever used Unique fragrance to design their own perfume?

I want too but I'm hesitant incase it turns out to be a bottle of cat piss or shitty quality.

I chose agar wood, white musk, vetiver, blue cedarwood, blackcurrant and bourbon vanilla. Would these scents work? I wanted a masculine deep natural smelling/woody aroma with hints of sweet fruit.

If that site is a load of shit could you recommend any scents I might like based on those 6 I selected? Willing to go up to around 150, for any season.

Also anyone have any recommendations for job interviews? I already own Bvgari Man in black, Terre D'Hermes, Dsquared2 Wood, Creed Virgin island water and Blue de Chanel

T-thanks
>>
Looking for some recs, my dudes.

>Male
>up to $150
>spring-summer
>casual occasions mostly
>love fresh fragrances, i wear CDG2 a LOT, and tend to stray towards unisex scents
>nothing classically "masculine"
>i wear a lot of black
>>
>>12093968
I'm >>12093965

You could try Virgin island water by creed. It's something I wouldn't usually go for but I got it as a gift and intend on using it this summer.

I couldn't recommend a fresh scent that pairs with black clothes in spring/summer though.
>>
Copped pic related blindly based on positive reviews and the low price point. It is a not-quite amber oud, dryly sweet and woody with a healthy dose of cinnamon and nutmeg. Early impression is a more casual version of Bond No. 9 New York Amber. Longevity is Very Good - still clearly present the next morning when sprayed the previous afternoon. Not bad for EdT concentration!

I am usually disappointed by hype beast fragrances and was expecting very little, but 24 Gold Oud is actually of very good quality! Even though I already own a dozen niche oud fragrances, I'll make time in my rotation to enjoy this cheapie as well.
>>
>>12094013
Man I wish I had a bottle of viw. Light tropical fragrances are an absolute insta-nut for me since I live in Florida and it's summer for like 10 months out of the year.
>>
>>12094110
Yeah, as I said.. It wasnt something id usually go for as I like woody scents. Received it as a gift and ive fell in love with it, trying to search for more perfumes out of my comfort zone now.
>>
File: another13.jpg (213KB, 1324x1700px) Image search: [Google]
another13.jpg
213KB, 1324x1700px
>>12093968
Here's my rec. Another 13. 50ml bottle is just at your price point. Got a sample of this Le Labo fragrance a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. This will be my next full bottle purchase.
Starts off clean and fresh, velvety and sterile, very much like an escentric molecules style fragrance. Over then next few hours it develops a woodsy, ripe fruity, and VERY musky aroma yet it remains clean and fresh.
Longevity is off the charts.
>>
>>12093968
It's your resident Odeur 53 shill here to recommend you try Odeur 53.
>>
>>12094013
a friend of mine wears that, i like it. not going to steal his style though.
>>12094317
interesting, i'd love to try it. i'll see if any stores in my city have it in stock.
>>12094358
every time i try 53 i feel different about it :\. Not sure if I could pull the trigger.
>>
>>12094406
>i'll see if any stores in my city have it in stock
It's one of their "city exclusive" fragrances and the full bottles are only sold by colette.fr
You can get a sample from their main site.
>>
What is the concensus here of Davidoff's Zino? Reviews all seem very positive, but it doesn't have nearly as many as Cool Water.
>>
>>12093943
Copped Burberry London (mens) after a recommendation on here, and immediately loved it. Thanks /fa/.
>>
>>12094408
damn, i'll have to order that. your notes have me interested.
>>
>>12094406
Yeah 53 somehow floats around with how it smells. When I first got my tester it smelled like straight up rubbing alcohol and gave me killer headaches, it later smelled liked ozone and rubbing alcohol, and on warm days it smells like the previous notes but with warm and and cotton mixed in.
>>
>>12094473
yep. my first spray gave off HEAVY paint notes, and by the time the scent was wearing off, all i could smell was metal. i gave it another shot a few weeks ago and i got cotton that ranged from pleasant to overbearing in the first hour or two, and got very nice variety of fresh scents towards the end of it's life.
>>
>>12094417
I don't know about a consensus, but after owning a bottle for years, I swapped it away. While I found it pleasant and well composed, it was never something I felt enthusiastic about. I'm sure I'm in the minority, given it's excellent reviews. I kept 5ml so I'll try it out every year or so and see if it's grown on me...
>>
>>12094419
I'll always have a bottle. What else would I wear on Thanksgiving and Christmas? Wore it just the other day and got a compliment. Hey, my mom still counts!
>>
Any updates from that dude who bought those Arabic copycat fragrances?
>>
>>12094638
Yeah bro ofc it does, shes hot af
>>
>>12094833
10/10
>>
>>12094833
>>12095024
Maybe not a 10 but an easy 8...
>>
Could anyone explain to me how the new Fahrenheit differs from the original? Considering copping, so also wondering if anyone happens to know the cheapest way to cop in the UK.
>>
Asking again ITT, Any cheaper alternatives to Penhaligons Sartorial?
>>
>tfw I work in a "fragrance-free workplace" and only ever go out to sports bars on the weekend cause that's all my friends want to go to

All my fragrances just sit there unused and I keep buying more
>>
File: 1482879468882.jpg (2MB, 2657x4145px) Image search: [Google]
1482879468882.jpg
2MB, 2657x4145px
These are the only two I own, what should I add to the collection? Am I missing anything?

I'm 25, male, £0-70 budget, I enjoy woody and citrus scents and I'm looking for something to wear in winter/fall.

Not pictured: Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey
>>
>>12094417
personally the opening (and much of the drydown too) reminds me a bit too much of the smell of mosquito repellant
>>
>>12095542
Why is your workplace fragrance-free? Have never heard of this before.
>>
>>12095542
get different friends / start dating / stop working at such a formal wagecuck workplace
>>
>>12095565
Try Bleu de Chanel
>>
>>12095565
terre d'memes
>>
Looking for a spring/summer fragrance, torn between CDG2 or CDG2 Man

I can't fucking decide! I'm 22, just looking to wear it casually.
>>
>>12095614
Probably because it could cause issues for employees with allergies or sensitive noses. It sucks, but I get it.
They probably put the policy in order because some woman was coating herself in a cloud of fragrance (this was the biggest reason for it back at my high school) and it was causing problems for others.
>>
Any designer or particular selections that are similar to CB I Hate Perfume's library but are actually useful as fragrances? I really like the niche stuff like Burning Leaves, Black March, and 7 Billion Hearts but once applied they're so faint I may as well not be wearing anything. I like subtlety but...
>>
File: solo loewe.jpg (20KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
solo loewe.jpg
20KB, 300x360px
Can i wear it in office?
>>
Looking for some spicy oriental recs.

I like and own

Bottega veneta pour homme
Tuscan leather
GIT
Tom Ford for Men ( I want to get my hands on the extreme version. I like this a lot, but I'm not a fan of the amount of citrus in it)

I've tried and disliked

La nuit l'meme (way too much of a baby powder note)
Spicebomb
Aventus (smells like sport body wash I used in middle school)
Every A*Men
Tom ford Tobacco Oud
>>
>>12095709
go with CDG2, i've had both and I didn't like the overly masculine feel Man would give off in the bottom notes. CDG2 is lovely throughout it's entire lifespan, and it's good to touch into your feminine side a bit.
>>
>>12095890
have you tried his absolutes?
>>
File: F2D_800.jpg (49KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
F2D_800.jpg
49KB, 800x800px
I've been wearing Invictus for a few days since my brother in law got it for me for Christmas. I have a lot of mixed thoughts on it. I like it, but one thing about it is that it's strikingly douchy. I thought for a long time that Allure Homme Sport was probably the douchiest fragrance I've smelled, but it has been dethroned and subsequently cuckolded by Invictus. Another thing is that it is RIDICULOUSLY strong. One spray on the chest is literally too much. You may not choke other people out but you will choke yourself out. I can't imagine wearing this in the summer. My favorite part about it however is easily the opening. It's extremely synthetic and smells like hairspray but for some reason it's charming how ridiculously douchy it is. I don't like the drydown very much, unfortunately. It wouldn't be a problem if it was mainly just woody, but theres a sickening sweetness that mixes with the woods that stays throughout the entire duration (well over 24 hours on my skin even with a shower).

7.5/10 overall. 2.5 pts subtracted because of the bad drydown and the overwhelming power of it, but this thing is a compliment beast. Now I'm curious to smell Invictus Aqua, if it's a lighter more toned down version of this I would probably enjoy it a lot more.
>>
Post top 5 most complimented frags you own
go
>>
>>12096108
invictus makes me want to literally vomit, and im not saying this as a niche shill, im saying this as someone who enjoys one million

invictus aqua definitely less obnoxious, i like it a lot
>>
>>12096113
meme list
aventus
la nuit
bleecker st.
sauvage
back to black
>>
>>12096146
Have you smelled One Million Prive?

It's actually pretty nice.
>>
>>12096064
That's what I'd tried, the little 2m trial-sized absolutes of all three. Should I just put on more, then? Or would the water spray versions distribute a little better?
>>
How much does armani code profumo smell like the original? I absolutely adore the original scent so I'm tempted but also turned off as people say it smells like 1million
>>
>>12096113
Santal 33
Escentric 02
L'air du desert marocain
Tobacco Vanille
Rose 31
>>
>>12096113
la nuit
cdg wonderwood
cdg 2
roads this weekend (super niche, never see it mentioned but real nice)
margiela jazz club
>>
>>12095939
Man in black by bvgari
>>
>>12095939
Musc Ravageur or Meharees if you're poorfag
though they are pretty powdery even more so than la nuit imo
>>
What is everybody wearing for New Years Eve events?
I'm torn between
>la nuit
>DnG the one
>ADG profumo
>>
>>12095433
h-help?!!11
>>
>>12095565
>These are the only two I own
>Am I missing anything?
I saw your post last thread and couldn't come up with a suitable answer. If you are happy and satisfied with your fragrances, you are NOT missing anything. If you smell something you like and feel it will fit in your wardrobe and you can afford it and it will please you to smell like it, by all means buy it.

If you want a recommend, know that citrus notes are pretty tied in with warmer weather frags, but as said, TdH is a great all-season frag that has a nice bitter orange note, and also try L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme and Égoïste. Note that none of these will make anyone go "ooh, citrus!" but they do have a semi-prominent citrus note as part of their overall compositions.
>>
>>12095939
Seconding Méharées/MR and adding:

Chergui
Costume National Homme
Égoïste
Havana
Jour de Fête
Opium (original & pour Homme)
Sushi Imperiale
>>
>>12096113
Scent of Peace FH
New York Patchouli
Cedrat Boise
Aventus
Anyway
>>
>>12096113
Much like http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments it is tied in with what you wear, in the sense that if you don't wear it you won't get complimented on it, but that said:

Dior Homme
Body Kouros
Égoïste
Kouros
Terre d'Hermès
>>
Is buying fragrances on eBay risky? What are the chances I'll get a bottle of piss? Are there any (uk) sellers you would recommend?
>>
File: 1477450017503.png (657KB, 635x507px) Image search: [Google]
1477450017503.png
657KB, 635x507px
Anybody have any experience with Lush perfumes? Let me know your thoughts pls
>>
File: 248-73037435-65001476_M?$PDP_M$.jpg (35KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
248-73037435-65001476_M?$PDP_M$.jpg
35KB, 440x440px
Opinions on this?
>>
>>12096113
>post my top 5
>autismos from /fa/ go buy them
>autismos wear same fragrances and me
Nah.
>>
File: 1481758514854.jpg (37KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
1481758514854.jpg
37KB, 500x216px
>>12097477
Nut.
>>
>>12097631
WHAT
>>
>>12097839
2Man is an instant nut for me, along with Wonderwood and Odeur 53.
>>
>>12097477
i like OG 2 better, but Man is fantastic for those who love classic masculine notes with a twist.
>>
Male, 24 years old, live in a mild climate e.g. roughly 60 Fahrenheit year round so not sure if seasonal stuff matters.

Looking for something mature and dark maybe?
Also memorable and long lasting if possible.
Any ideas lads?
>>
>>12098252
What part of the world stays around 60ºF?

Try Encre Noir, Antaeus, Eau Sauvage Parfum or Narciso Rodriguez for Him.
>>
>>12098263
Ireland, usually it gets down to 40ºF during the winter but it hasn't this year yet and I don't think it will desu. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look at those.
>>
Does Odeur 53 could have a bad smell for other people? I enjoy it really badly but I'm afraid that it smells like complete garbage to others so I could never approach them anymore.
>>
Guys, I love both Lutens Eau Froide et L'instant Guerlain equally, so please help me and choose one based only on your opinion (because they both fill all my criterias).
>>
>>12098799
Oh I also forgot Fahreneit. Between these three, please.
Also the comments from other ppl you get with them interest me.
>>
Just blind bought CH men prive
Did I fuck up?
>>
Opinion on Dolce and Gabbana One?
>>
>>12098945
Good. Performance blows.
>>
>>12098945
Here's DnG the one EDP summed up: sweet tobacco fruity masculine
>>
>>12098945
DUDE SWEET AND SPICY LMAO, but not as sweet as something like 1 Million. I personally love the stuff, but the performance and sillage blows as others have said so it's more of an intimate fragrance than the loud type that leaves a cloud.
You can easily find the stuff for under $60 so I say go for it if you really like it.
>>
going to a bar tonight for NYE, it'll probably be quite busy and I'll be getting close to
La nuit current reformulation or the one EDP?
>>
>>12099267
Close to girls*
>>
>>12099267
>>12099273
just stay close to La Nuit, it will smell hundert percent better than any pleb girl scents
>>
>>12099267
The One if it's a more intimate type of club, La Nuit if it's full on brochad fist in the air dick in the ass.
>>
>>12098799
>>12098805
Of the three, I've only tried Fahrenheit. I own L'Instant and Extreme pH, but have never tried the original ladies' version. Of those, I vastly prefer Fahrenheit, but I consider that one of the greatest masculines ever made, and the only one I've gotten multiple positive comments on (just "you smell GOOD!"). LIdGpHE got a negative reaction, but I might have misjudged application and put on too much.
>>
>>12099673
So, while repeatedly smelled Fahrenheit on my wrist I kind of fell in love with that smell. It fitted me so nice during the day, as if this fragrance was made for my skin. So after that I returned to the fragrance shop and bought it, and I'm proud of it now.
Thanks for your appreciation btw, at least I did the best choice.
>>
is le male by gaultier good?
>>
>>12099928
Yeah tested it before in a store.
Top tier fragrance for the winter, club or all around chick magnet. The vanilla totally lightens you up and will have girls flocking to you.

When I have the money for it I will definitely add it to my collection.

You should still try to test it in the store before you go ahead and buy it.
>>
>>12099928
If you can find a vintage bottle then yes, otherwise whats out on the shelves right now is a shell of a once legendary fragrance
>>
>>12098925
nah it's pretty nice
>>
What are some fragrances that dont have shitty performance?
Im struggling to find any that perform well
>>
sensitive skin fag here

what are some recommended natural ouds?

I'm referring to agarwood resin used as a perfume:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agarwood

im not really into designer brands fyi
>>
>>12100516
What have you tried so far? If you value longevity and sillage, look into Bond No. 9, Creed, and Mancera. These houses use powerful fixatives and higher concentrations of oils for strong performance.

At lower price points, I can recommend 24 Gold Oud (>>12094014) and the Rasasi La Yuqawam / Tobacco Blaze pair. Strong, cheap, and long lived.

>>12094683
Still digesting the Rumz al Rasasi trio, but the short version is that they're a mixed bag.

Assuming that Rasasi are shooting for Aventus, Zebra misses the mark the same way that Armaf Club de Nuit does - by going lemon-y with the top notes and neglecting blackcurrant and vanilla entirely. Also, the birch (smoky) note used here is identical to CDNI - cheap smelling and actually unpleasant until maybe 3 hours into the wear. I really want a "deluxe clone" of Aventus using higher quality ingredients in the style of La Yuqawam, but this is not it.

It's hard for me to pin down exactly what I don't like about Leo. Not a very complicated scent, it comes across as cheap and thin in the same way as Zebra. I get some light sandalwood and spices and resins, but nothing with real depth and nothing that would lead me to draw comparisons to Jubilation XXV as some have elsewhere online. I don't want to judge it too harshly based on brief skin tests but honestly it will be tough to force myself to wear this for further evaluation.

Crocodile is the winner of the three, and it's one of Rasasi's best western style scents. Easy-wearing Sauvage flanker / 90% copy. Really agreeable and nothing to complain about.

I'll say that Rasasi's presentation for this Rumz mini-line is exceptional considering their $15 price tag in their home market. The bottle and box designs are western-grade, with smart flourishes like matching themed animal print inside of the outwardly minimalist box. This is a nice step up from Al Wisam's cheap plastic-shelled bottle and Chinese knockoff grade cardstock box.
>>
>>12100576
Hope you got some cash for Christmas. agaraura.com
>>
>>12095433
Haven't smelt it so I can't you but if you get no other responses look at the similar fragrances thing on fragrantica
>>
>>12095752
My high-school strongly recommended people wear some sort of fragrance or deodorant because in the summer the smell of sweat got pretty offensive.
>>
>>12096682
I wore Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.
>>
Just hopping in here

Recently turned 19, got some proper cologne for my birthday as part of a gift set. Specifically, the Davidoff Cool Water four-set. I've sampled my fare share in stores, borrowed my dad's or big bro's once in awhile, but this is the first stuff that's really stuck with me. I love it.

Anyone ever used it? Anyone like it? Anyone hate it?
>>
>>12101110
It's pretty well known in the frag community, with the majority of people being familiar with the scent and most probably enjoying it.
I myself have used many bottles of this stuff over the years.
>>
>>12100947
haha I'm not paying that much
>>
>>12100576
>>12101627

how sensitive is sensitive? what types / brands of perfumes have caused negative reactions for you?

if nothing else, shouldn't you be able to at least scent the outside of your clothes with fragrance?
>>
>>12101752
I get allergic to regular fragrance and most ones itch my skin upon use. I also just have a preference against synthetic chemicals in most cosmetics.
>>
>>12101110
Enjoyable aquatic. Nice.
>>
>>12096226
ya man, only 'fruit punch' frag i ever enjoyed

i haven't gotten to the drydown but the opening is photorealistic hawaiian punch

its good, a lot better than diesel fuel for life which has that disgusting fruit punch vibe too.
>>
>>12100928
pineapple vintage/pineapple vintage noire are supposed to be that deluxe clone, coming in at around 100$ for 100 ml

supposed to be very pineapple centered though so if DUDE PINEAPPLE LMAO isn't what you're after, maybe stay away, although the noire edition is supposed to be closer to the traditional aventus.
>>
deciding between dior aqua Fahrenheit vs the normal fahrenheit. which one is better?
>>
>>12102003
I prefer Aqua Fahrenheit and it's not even close. More versatile than the original while still retaining a clear family resemblance. I've given AF as a gift before and it was well received. Normal Fahrenheit could be more polarizing.
>>
>>12101788
are you sure you're not bullshitting him

he asks what brands and you just sidestep it by saying 'most' and then revealing that it's probably some synthetic fear nonsense
>>
I was gifted some d and g light blue for men. Seems to get some hate from the frag snobs but it seems like something good to wear when you want to smell fresh. Any thoughts?
>>
>>12102470
good tier summer scent, not the best, not the worst

awful for any other season though, unless you work in an office and just want to smell fresh
>>
>>12102426
What the fuck are you talking about?
Why the fuck would I bullshit you? If I wasn't, then why would I be asking for alternatives if I could use any other scent?
>>
Is Midnight In Paris worth a blind buy?
>>
File: 20170101_191147.jpg (3MB, 2552x5272px) Image search: [Google]
20170101_191147.jpg
3MB, 2552x5272px
Don't know the name.

I personally love the smell, but no one can really smell it unless you are hugged or they are extremely close to you.

Which doesn't happen very often because I am very unapproachable.
>>
>>12102550
Hey pal, we're just trying to help you out. It'd be useful for us to know specifically which perfumes have triggered reactions on your skin, and what the resulting symptoms were like. If you can't tell us that much, go talk to a dermatologist.

If nothing else you can always wear ambroxan (Molecule 02 / Not a Perfume) as it's hypoallergenic. Not sure what to recommend for your autism.
>>
thoughts on Dior's Bois d'argent?
>>
>>12102900
That's a Designer Imposters clone of Calvin Klein CK One.

CK One itself is dirt cheap, so buy the real deal online instead and spray with abandon.
>>
>>12102946
Yeah derailing my question by interrogating me sure is a lot of help, you're such a good Samaritan. I have been to a dermatologist, he recommends I stay away from synthetic cosmetics. I have a preference for Ouds, so I'll stick with my guns.
>>
Has anyone that bought the 75ml. bottle of Midnight in Paris had a situation where the bottles leak juice from the atomizer? I had to transfer the juice from 2 bottles to three 60 ml. cobat bottles, and I dont know if that hurts the juice.
>>
File: papoose.jpg (8KB, 290x164px) Image search: [Google]
papoose.jpg
8KB, 290x164px
>>12102968
>>
>>12102971
also, any suggestions for white florals, sweet florals, fruity florals, to smell?

I've discovered them as my true preferance, so far, I currently own JPG Fleur du Male and Fahrenheit 32.

And want to try out niches such as Lys 41, Dia Man,Datura Noir, Tuberose Criminelle, La fille de Berlin (Serge's) , Lyric Man, anything as said before, or with roses like Montale Taif Roses. Sorry for the hassle
>>
>>12102991
amouage reflection is the ultimate white floral
>>
>>12102997
But, I find it's drydown very similar to Fleur du Male, both I love. But, I want to diversificate first, before buyin Reflection Man, it's in my plans to do so.
>>
>>12102699
yes, totally, not just for the smell, but also to have variety, or I you want to, to resell it years later, it had alot and it sitll has alot of hype. And the juice be it femenine or not, it's for men in the end. Excellent juice.
>>
>>12101890
These look interesting, thanks. Will probably cop and report back.
>>
File: nd.7015.jpg (51KB, 300x406px) Image search: [Google]
nd.7015.jpg
51KB, 300x406px
I need a recommendation.

Going back to school and can't afford to daily wear what I currently have in my collection being:

> Splits of Frapin L'Humaniste, Straight to Heaven, Aventus
> Terre d'Hermes
> Tuscan Leather
> Guerlain Vetiver (cheap but not appropriate for winter)

I'm looking for a fragrance that is really cheap and has awesome longevity.

I usually enjoy gourmet fragrances like TL and Humaniste. Really big on Aventus, though apparently clones aren't that good performers.

Any suggestions? Again, I'm looking for something at 1-1,30$/ml.
>>
What kind of longevity does GIT have?

Don't want to drop hundos if it's shit
>>
Guerlain Vetiver to me is the ultimate masculine, country-club scent

Is there a scent that does this better?
>>
>>12103569
La Yuqawam is $1.00/ml. Pineapple Vintage / Pineapple Vintage Noire are about $1.00/ml as well.
Really feeling that 24 Gold Oud right now at $0.55/ml.
>>12103772
GIT lasts for most of a full work day. Decent to very good performance with assertive but polite sillage.
>>12103782
Polo green might capture a similar vibe for you though it doesn't share many notes with GV.
>>
>>12102699
It was a successful blind buy for me, but I'm not you. If you have 360º Black fM, it's close enough.
>>
>>12102971
Two bottles leaked? Mine doesn't. And decanting, no matter what color glass, won't harm the juice.

>>12102991
Florals are not my strong smoot, but I love
La Chasse aux Papillons
Eau Aimable
>>
>>12102003
Modern Fahrenheit is pretty boring. Been reformulated to death. Aqua is a lot better, unless it's been recently reformulated as well in which case I have no idea.
>>
Why is 24 gold oud edition getting all the hype over the original? Is it better for compliments?
>>
>>12102550
Relax there kiddo. Stop being so pretentious. In your original post, you linked agarwood/oud as though no one in these threads have any idea what it is. Most of us have spent years and years sampling, sniffing and collecting fragrances and by now know what oud is and how ouds from different areas differ in smell.

Secondly, dont get all pissy when someone questions what you say, we don't know your story or anything about you apart from two things you've told us. Why be so defensive when someone does question what you've said, a lot of people pretend to have allergies to synthetic materials used in fragrances so they can snob it up with 'muh niche no synthetics' that cost $500 minimum a pop. Fun fact: synthetics used in perfumery are actually less reactive than the natural ingredients they mimic, which is one of the reasons why the UN keeps banning natural ingredients left, right and centre in favour of synthetics.

Also, check out what >>12100947 says. Its basically your only hope.

Kindly fuck off out of this thread now, you're cunting it up for everyone
>>
>>12104065
It's less of a candy bomb than the original, with extra spices and wood.

>>12103782
Green Irish Tweed is pretty country club-y if you ask me
>>
>>12102991
Lys 41 is absolutely beautiful
Love the stuff
>>
I've been using Byredo's Mojave Ghost too much.

What the hell. Is there anything similar out there? I found my jam a while back.
>>
>>12104772
>the original
Meaning 24 or 24 Gold?

>Green Irish Tweed
Was going to reply with the same answer, in fact kind of surprised I didn't.
>>
>>12105164
Sorry, meaning 24 Gold. I forget there is even a plain 24 scent. Goofy branding, decent juice.
>>
>>12104197
>stop doing thing that I've exaggerated and taken to heart
Fucking cry more.

I've asked what Ouds could anyone recommend and you still can't do that, so you can kindly fuck off because your opinion of me mean shit.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>12105314
Bond New York Oud
Mancera Gold Intensive Aoud
Mancera Aoud Line
Bond Shelter Island
Bond Signature Perfume Oud
Bond New York Amber
Montale Black Aoud
Juliette Has a Gun Another Oud

But these probably aren't high end enough for baby's sensitive skin
>>
>>12105237
I figured you did. No worries. I own 24 Gold and while I like it a lot, I don't wear it that often due to its sweetness, so would love to sniff the Oud flanker somehow. When I bought it in 2012, $30 was an easy blind buy, but now It's over $60... And agreed about the branding. I have a gold on blue "24" t-shirt siting unworn in a drawer I got as a bonus.
>>
>>12105336
I didn't even ask for high end shit you gormless fool. If you learn to read and analyse anything I've said without having a mental breakdown you'll see that I don't want to pay for overpriced products.
>>
>>12103884
>reflection
>>12104985
THX! will try to get a hold of samples to decide then. And yeah, 2 bottles of MNiP were leaking, maybe damaged from shipping, dunno. Once again, thanks for the suggestions
>>
>>12097477
feels good man
cop it
>>
La Nui Frozen YSL opinions?
>>
>>12096113
swiss army
davidoff
eau de campagne
acqua di gio
and - no bullshit - aqua velva classic ice
>>
>>12105552
Ok so this poster has a valid point when he comments on general synthetics reacting on his skin. It isn't just a case of "oh only ultra niche fragrances", I can see where he is coming from when you consider the history of perfume houses and designers being purchases by corporate entities and cleaning product manufacturers.

Even houses such as Guerlain had a dip in quality where the original "Guerlainade" DNA was watered down slightly after LMVH took over in the Early 90's, not to say that today's renditions are bad, or "fight against corporate rule people!', but in some cases corners are cut to ramp out the release of the new big thing, which can involve synthetics making up the majority of some fragrances.

And thats not to say that all synthetics are bad either or are unheard of in niche lines, Amouage for example proudly mentioned its use of synthetics in their creations, basically, you can have good quality synthetics and you can have bad quality synthetics. Even if houses choose to use mostly synthetics, they will try to not impact the majority of the public they will be releasing the perfume to, maybe in this case the poster genuinely becomes irritated by common synthetics used in mass market releases, as unfortunately perfumers under designers usually get a small window to knock out the next version of x fragrance or a new thing altogether.

Even the almost holy acclaimed Roja Dove uses Eugenol in the ingredients alongside the perfumes (including the Haute Luxe), so unless you go to a purely natural artisanal perfumer, almost 100% of the time synthetics are used to a degree, again certain corner cutting synthetics used by lot of designers can be at the heart of this issue.

I hope some of this information in this longwinded wall of text is helpful in some way to you all btw.
>>
>>12106325
>"oh only ultra niche fragrances"
I never said a thing about fucking niche fragrances. The guy pulled that out of his autistic imagination. Regardless, thanks for the info.
>>
Bel Ami or Bel Ami Vetiver?
>>
>>12106373
How much do you love vetiver?
>>
I like XS because it's fresh and not harsh but it's shit tier when it comes to longevity
>>
>>12106325
I was just reading a thread on BN where someone mentioned they had a gas chromatography lab do Patou pour Homme and even such a legendary fragrance from before many IFRA regulated reformulations, only had 18 molecules, where one might expect dozens to hundreds with a couple natural extracts.

As said, there are good and bad synthetics.
>>
Need some recs here as well

>Male
>$100, $150 if I must
>autumn
>everyday wear
>I love sandalwood, cypress, lavender
>>
Need a good spring/summer scent. Definitely thinking about going with Odeur 53/Odeur 71. $95/200ml off of END. From what I understand, they are both really light (predominately, at least, I understand these are super inconsistent as scents and vary greatly throughout use), and I have heard that there are floral and fresh notes alongside the unnatural and abstract notes thrown in.
Aside from the extremely niche and industrial/experimental nature of the scents (I really like the idea of having something that requires at least some research before getting it. My main quarrel with designer is that literally anyone with 75 dollars can walk into sephora and buy a variant of Dior's Sauvage. Niche allows me to flex my research and find something I absolutely love, as well as having the exclusivity that won't allow some idiot to walk into Macy's and say "this smells nice!!" while they walk out with the same fragrance that could have been the result of someone heavily researching and trying to find their perfect scent. Fragrances should be expressive and show things about the wearer, and the availability of designer fragrances is massively off putting to me as a consumer.) is very very appealing, I want to see what the result of all of the experimenting and frankensteining led to.

My current collection consists of Tom Ford Man, Nautica Blue, Margiela Jazz Club (very recent purchase), and samples of Margiela Barbershop, Margiela Tea Escape, and Derek Lam Blackout. The first two fragrances were purchased before I really decided to read up on fragrances. Despite its low cost, Nautica Blue would MAYBE be an okay spring scent, but I'm not sure if I could let myself wear it.
Aside from the Odeurs, I would look into Neroli Portofino. The only confliction I have is the large price disconnect between the odeurs and the neroli, but I digress. Wondering what all of you have to say about seasonal fragrances and whether Odeur would be appropriate, suggestions, thoughts, etc.
>>
>>12106705
I should also maybe include some of my current favorite fragrances I have been able to smell.
>Margiela Jazz Club
>Margiela Tea Escape (feminine but fucc it nigga)
>Margiela Trip to the Barber's (really liked his Replica line, really hope no one tells me they're shameless copies of another line)
>Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, Neroli Portofino Acqua, Costa Azzurra, Fleur de Portofino (haven't been able to smell any of TF's more masculine/woody/musk lines, but have loved everything I've come across as of yet, including strictly feminine scents)
>Hermes Eau De Pamplemousse Rose (as well as the citrus/citrine scent from this line, but they were basically all great)

Now speaking strictly on fragrances that I haven't been able to smell in person but am interested in simply based on the basenotes charts (just off of the top of my head, at least)
>Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, White Musk, Japan Noir, almost any TF niche fragrance, basically.
>CDG, CDG2, Odeur 53/71, the entire Incense line.
>Numerous Kenzo scents

Additionally, I forgot to mention that I bought a small bottle of Gucci Guilty to appease my girlfriend, but I don't have many complaints about it. The most I can say is that it is a very replicable and indistinguishable, contemporary scent, but still fairly pleasant.
>>
>>12097326
Haven't used any of the "perfumes" other than this sea spray shit I use for my hair. But I do like their continually use of essential oils and extracts in their products rather than anything synthetic. Very nice and very clean. I'd give it a shot.

Also recommend sea spray if you're doing any form of no-poo. It's essentially just sea water with lavender and rose and grapefruit absolutes/oils and shit. Gives me great texture and makes my hair smell interesting rather than just hair and oil and stuff. May as well pick it up if you're going in for the perfume. Good luck nigga.
>>
>>12100516
I've sprayed margiela jazz club on a hoodie and picked it up and still smelled it pungently 2 days later.
>>
File: 836m.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
836m.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
Should I blind buy this online? I've wanted to sample it in a store but I can't find it anywhere. Same goes for body
>>
>>12107053
>https://www.decantshop.com/yves-saint-laurent-kouros.html

Here ya go buddy, buy a 5ml vial and call it good.
>>
Is Luckyscent legit? Have a shit ton of samples I want to buy
>>
>>12107082
Yeah. I got my CDG samples from them.
Just a warning though, they will probably come in vials instead of atomizers.
>>
>>12107082
Decantshop is better imo. Varying sizes and better price.
>>
>>12107053
Do yourself a favor and look on eBay for a bottle with metal "shoulders." Shouldn't be much more expensive, and could be cheaper if you luck out. A reformulation happened when they made the shoulders white plastic a couple years back. https://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.com/2014/01/kouros-scent-of-gods-12.html Don't go crazy trying to find even older versions unless you fall in love with it.

BK is very nice too. More of a crowdpleaser but nothing like THE KING.
>>
>>12107082
As said, they only do samples in 0.7ml vials. Better than nothing, just to get an idea of the scent, but to truly sample and give a frag enough wearings to get to know it, you need at least 1.5ml in an atomizer.
>>
>>12103222
please do, trips man
their samples are pretty generous
>>
File: ds.jpg (81KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
81KB, 400x400px
R8 my christmas gift
>>
>>12107485
raspberry kool aid

k but gives me headaches it's so obnoxiously sweet

high school/10
>>
>>12106325
This.
Also, synthetics can often smell more 'natural' than natural extracts and oils because they're able to isolate the molecule we identify with that smell and give us only that rather than bringing along other problematic elements from extraction.

Using synthetics is like using elastaine in jeans or a shirt. A 100% cotton pair of jeans just doesn't work - they lose their shape. A 98% cotton 2% elastaine pair does work.
>>
>>12107146
>BK
Do you know how affected by reformulation Body Kouros is?
>>
>>12107146
So should I avoid getting a new bottle of kouros or is it still ok?
>>
>>12106705

neroli portofino is nice - like all TF private blends - but good god is it short lived. if the idea of having to respray every couple of hours puts you off, don't purchase
>>
Pleb here Opinions on spicebomb?
The regular, extreme, and Eau Fraiche?
>>
Dab or spray?
>>
I spray on the wrists, and then dab the residue on the neck
>>
>>12107896
It depends on the scent.

If it's stronger and longer lasting I tend to spray on the chest and dab on the back/side of my neck

If it's not as strong or long lasting I tend to do the above with an extra spray for the neck and add in a navel spray for good measure... sometimes I go for a wrist spray too
>>
>>12107896
3 sprays. Sternum and armpits. Modest silage this way since the scent is all underneath clothes. If I want to project more, I'll add one spray at the neck or elbow.
>>
>>12108405
>armpits
Wat
>>
>>12107893
Eau Fraiche is the least cloying one of the three, it's the only one of the three I'd consider wearing.
>>
Holy shit lads! Just got this today, it's Aventus with 10 minutes of lemon at the beginning in a black bottle.

I've tried clones before and been disappointed, but this is legit. Would recommend.

Anyone else tired this.
>>
>>12107688
I haven't heard of any BK reformulation, but then again, I haven't looked in to it.

>>12107725
From that blog I posted, it seems that the current formulation is but a shell of Kouros' former glory, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. My point was if you were going to order it blind on line anyway, might as well get a metal shoulder bottle. From the comments, this guy might have em: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kouros-by-Yves-Saint-Laurent-EDT-Spray-1-6-oz-/381395339865?hash=item58ccef0a59:g:JH0AAOSwEetV8KBR
>>
>>12108437
I wear unscented (crystal) deodorant.
The pit spray is legit and you should try it out.

>>12108502
I can't stand CDNI personally. I have a bottle and hate it. The lemon opening is borderline toxic and there is no cassis/currant or vanilla to my nose. It only smells like Aventus after three hours or more in my experience. Counter anti-recommendation, but I am very particular about my Aventus-type scents. I have owned two bottles of the Creed, and wear a lot of Cedrat Boise / Scent of Peace / http://www.bondno9.com as well.

I'm waiting for my order of Pineapple Vintage and Pineapple Vintage Noir to ship. Hopefully it lives up to its note pyramid.
>>
File: 14831971359090.jpg (1MB, 2347x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14831971359090.jpg
1MB, 2347x3264px
That's mine
>>
>>12107893
I use regular Spicebomb and love it. Always gets compliments from men and women alike. Try before you buy though, cause sometimes cologne sits with different people differently.
>>
Dior Homo or Terre d'Memes?
>>
>>12108656
Vastly different frags. For what, where, when? TdH is more versatile if you're looking for an all-occasion/season frag.
>>
>>12106785
>>12106705
Help plz
>>
>>12108622
Is crystal the brand or a type? I'm looking to get some myself
>>
i don't use fragrances on a daily basis, i just use sure deodorant because whenever i use a EDT the scent seems to disappear within less than an hour. i apply it just before i leave the house and i apply it to the skin on my neck and upper chest. am i doing something wrong?
current scents i own:
>lacoste red
>lacoste L 12 12 Bleu
>emporio armani ... lui / il / he / el
>dolce and gabbana the one
the things i've thought of is that i have a shit sense of smell, or the fragrances i own have no longevity or sillage, or it's just something to do with my skin
any help appreciated
>>
File: CBD-50009-1.jpg (228KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
CBD-50009-1.jpg
228KB, 1600x1600px
>>12108940
Both. I have pic related at the moment but I buy any of the sticks that are sold at whole foods or on amazon. They usually last for a whole year. Wet and rub into pits.

>>12108960
Those are just some very weak scents. Lacoste honestly doesn't produce anything stronger than a body mist. The One is notoriously short lived. I'm not familiar with the Armani but it sounds unremarkable. The deodorant lasts longer because it's designed for that purpose.

If you want lasting fragrance you should research future purchases on fragrantica. People vote on longevity and sillage as part of the site's rating process. Or just ask us and specify that performance is important along with your preferred style / notes.
>>
>>12108960
try the one eau de parfum if you find the EDT doesnt last long enough. also buy travel atomisers to reapply throughout the day. or just buy long lasting frags
>>
I'm looking for a YSL cologne that would have been shilled in /fa/. This is a gift for someone who likes ASSC, supreme and Rick Owens. I could ask the recipient what cologne they wear but that'd kill the element of surprise. Please help.
>>
File: nd.16657.jpg (69KB, 300x395px) Image search: [Google]
nd.16657.jpg
69KB, 300x395px
What is /fa/'s opinion on this one?
I used to be really into Fragrances 2 years ago or so, but kinda lost interest.
Got the Invictus as a Christmas present, but returned it for this one instead. The smell of it kinda got me interested in collecting fragrances again.
>>
>>12109356
It's one of the best fragrances for clubbing or going out at night, but too strong for anything else. Girls adore it too
>>
>>12109356
I prefer Eau Fraice, but it is the default "Time to hit the club and slay some poon $TOOGE" fragrance like >>12109522 said.
>>
>>12109226
It's fucking Le Nuit, kill yourself.
>>
my dior homme parfum is about to end give me something similar to cop
>>
Can someone recommend a good website for colognes? Read a lot of complaints of knock offs from Amazon/Ebay.
>>
>>12110000
Fragrancenet
Fragrancex
>>
Best way to get ahold of Odeur 53???? Dying to try it out but both $135 and 200ml is a big commitment for something I'd be buying blindly. Help?
>>
>>12110091
Why not just get a sample of it from luckyscent or somewhere?
>>
>>12110091
if you're in a city with a barneys they'll probably have it for sampling, otherwise just order a sample pack with it
>>
Need some help here
>live and work by the ocean. Usually foggy but almost always colder
>wear a uniform to work, looking for a scent that reflects dominance or assertion
>price is not an issue
>I am a 20 year old male
>>
>>12109226
>that would have been shilled in /fa/
Odd choice of words. What makes you say that?
>>
File: tmp_20670-f5uUHdJ-260804709.jpg (275KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20670-f5uUHdJ-260804709.jpg
275KB, 1536x2560px
"I literally wear nothing else"

- S
>>
>>12110448
Dior homme parfum
Tom Ford tuscan leather, tobacco vanille, oud wood or plum japonais
CDG man2
Paco rabanne one million prive (I know I know, just trust me)
HDP 1969
Killian intoxicated (pricey but godly)
Slumberhouse jeke (pricey but amazing longevity and sillage)
Amouage reflection man

If you wish to succumb to meme frags that turn out to be truly good, even give aventus a go. Although it is more of a warm weather fragrance.
>>
>>12110600
Ayy these are those copycats from the dollar tree, aren't they?
>>
>>12110448
>looking for a scent that reflects dominance or assertion
>please give me advice gook cartoon forum members because I'm too insecure to choose on my own

I hope you see the problem here senpai
>>
>>12110546
because they rely heavily on /fa/ for advice and validation while still wanting to come across as a snowflake.
>>
>>12109522
>>12109890
Funny you say that, I actually work in a club, gonna wear it this weekend for sure
>>
>>12107485
use with caution, anon
>>
JPG Popeye is really great. I don't want to wait until spring/summer to wear it
>>
>>12110688
Yep! The store smells like cancer. The fragrances weren't much better.
>>
opinions on acqua di parma colonia intensa
and maison margiela across sands?
cop or not
>>
what do you guys think about Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct?
>>
Anybody familiar with the women's fragrance insolence by guerlian?
A girl I used to know wore this and it was hypnotising
>>
Holy shit since Christmas I have smelt sauvage literally everywhere. Worse than ADG or 1 million for uniqueness now
>>
>>12112008
>Not owning Eau Sauvage
>>
Le Labo Lys 41, women only? or man can pull this off.?
>>
>>12112017
oh, and, Fragrancenet/ex, are they legit? I read alot of fakes on amazon, but also alot of negative feedback on the 2 mentioned earlier
>>
>>12109047
>>12109069
thanks for the help.
>or just buy long lasting frags
they've all been given to me as gifts at some point, should of mentioned that
so is lacoste generally looked down upon in the fragrance community then? also i've heard alot of good things about comme des garcons fragrances, so might look into them, can anyone reccomend one that has good longevity/sillage?
>>
>>12112017
or any, "sweet" not so aoud white florals, that are not Reflection Man.
>>
>>12112017
I'm a guy and adore Lys41
>>
>>12112132
It's just that, It says for women in alot of places, but, I do own Fleur du Male, and was told several time "is that a girls perfume?" not that I mind, but I just want to know If i'll have to explain to the ignorant noses, or not hahaha, so to say, not that I'm a guru, but at least I'm in my second year of frag collection.
>>
>>12112139
But, will do consider your statement, I want to buy this, with Zoologist Nightingale, as a present for myself.
>>
>>12112139
It is rather rich and heavy so probably not an everyday scent, but I definitely think a man could pull it off.
>>
>>12112152
Damnit, I want a everyday one, any idea, of a frag in that sense.
>>
>>12112152
If not, I guess i'll buy the Lys 41 for dressups, I live in a dry hot weather country, with short winters and autumns
>>
>>12112166
Diptyque Do Son perhaps?
>>
>>12096108
oh my god my friend wears this and constantly reapplies it throughout the day, and when he does it fills the entire room
>>
>>12112186
>Diptyque Do Son
Thnx! will try to get a hold fo a sample.
>>
>>12098278
I can't help but read everything in an Irish accent, now. Everyone in this thread is (You) to me, now, anon; how does it feel?
>>
>>12110600
Cause cancer?
>>
>>12112940
Everything causes cancer in California. I remember buying a brass lock for my high school locker that had that warning on it.
>>
>>12110874
Huh? My question was more of an English related one. I read
>>12109226
>that would have been shilled in /fa/
as though the person writing actually knew the fragrance, and knowing it, assumed it would have been talked about here, hence my confusion. If they had seen it talked about here a lot and just couldn't recall the name they would have said "WAS shilled..." I'd chalk it up to ESL, except the conditional "would have" conjugation is way more deep than the simple past tense "was."
>>
>>12096299
Not much like the original and it does remind me of 1million – it has this sickly sweet vibe like candy and the same cheap spiciness of 1million.
>>
>>12111956
Mind describing your impression/thoughts of it for me? Was gonna cop for significant other for christmas but decided on aventus for her
>>
Anyone have Narciso Rodgriguez for Him? How wearable is it? Could I make it a winter workplace scent?
>>
>>12113956
I do. It's very well composed but a bit dramatic for an everyday work scent, imo.
>>
>>12112940
[THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER]
>>
>tfw bought and used nice fabric softener to take better care of my clothes but the scent is so strong that it overpowers my liberally applied EdP
>>
>>12114260
You're using too much fabric conditioner.
>>
best place to go smelling perfumes in london?
>>
>>12113648
It made me and all my friends weak at the knees. Beastly performance for sure and was super alluring and sexy.
>>
>>12114440
There are plenty of boutiques in London to sample perfumes, if you don't mind the human traffic going up to them, either Harvey Nichols or the Salon de Parfums in Harrods would be a good place to get your nose on some really complex perfumes or those that are harder to find. There might also be a few interesting finds in Burlington Arcade. There are many more places that you can look at, but if you are looking for niche or a special experience, I would recommend the aforementioned places. The perfume section in HN can be easy to find but the Salon de Parfums in Harrods is on the sixth floor and might need a bit of navigating and asking for directions, but when you get there it is worth the hassle! They also have a large area where you can sample designer perfumes on the ground floor I think.
>>
>>12108629
how do you like this? im currently looking for a good everyday fragrance and this one's notes caught my eye, how's the longevity and sillage on it? can it last a whole day, and does it radiate decently? like about an arms length?
>>
>>12114829
buy a sample

not him but I don't like it , has a weird sour note in it
>>
>>12096108
>>12112193
After another week of wearing it I actually fucking love this shit now. The main complaint that it's too strong and synthetic and whatnot I know for a fact is because basenoters/fragrantica people love to spray 6+ times all over exposed skin. Do one on the neck and one on the chest under the shirt MAXIMUM and this shit is heavenly and lasts all day. This is a 9/10 fragrance for me now, I'm very interested in trying out the Aqua version though.
>>
>>12114942
yeah, i like the smell of it quite alot and the sillage/longevity is next to none. but in my area it's very overused, in fact it's probably the most worn male fragrance next to 1million and lynx africa lol. i don't really want to smell like everyone else, and i especially don't want to smell the same as my friends that I hang out with all day
>>
File: 21601.jpg (34KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
21601.jpg
34KB, 400x575px
my gf got me this for christmas, i just mentioned it once months ago and she remembered. wow
>>
File: a78.jpg (29KB, 334x372px) Image search: [Google]
a78.jpg
29KB, 334x372px
>>12115402
>dress ok
>smell nice
>look decent
>no gf who could remember anything
tfw no gf
>>
I have some basic summery scents like acqua di gio etc, but now I am looking for a more wintery/autumn scent. I'm 26, not interested in overtly masculine scents. So far I like YSL la nuit and D&G the one, but neither really carries very far. Should I just get one of thoses or any other recs based on them? I also liked penhaligons sartorial but way out of price range.
>>
>>12115646
Bvlgari The Man in Black
>>
>>12115646
>>12094014
>>
>>12115646
Get D&G the One eau de parfum version. It lasts longer. But they're both gorgeous.
>>
File: o.32643.jpg (52KB, 889x925px) Image search: [Google]
o.32643.jpg
52KB, 889x925px
>>12115646
Pic related is a nice and cheap to boot. It's a pure havane clone though it is less sweet.
>>
>>12116135
Not him, but I've been meaning to try that.

Hanae Mori is a decent cheap scent, too.
>>
>>12110448
L'eau Bleue d'Issey
DSquared2 Rocky Mountain Wood
Polo Sport
>>
File: guerlain-vol-de-nuit.jpg (74KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
guerlain-vol-de-nuit.jpg
74KB, 300x323px
What's /fa/'s favorite fragrance to smell on a woman?
>>
File: nd.5862.jpg (39KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
nd.5862.jpg
39KB, 300x364px
Any thoughts on Rocky Mountain Wood, /frag/? All im getting out of it is violet, pepper and cedar.
>>
File: IMG_1792.jpg (24KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1792.jpg
24KB, 400x575px
Just got pic related in the mail today and it's great. Thanks /frag/

On a completely unrelated note, which Creed fragrance is the best?
>>
>>12116489
GIT is the ultimate spring frag. original santal is nice fall/winter

of course all the jeremy fragrance types will say aventus panty dropping awesomeness
>>
File: nd.40188.jpg (57KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nd.40188.jpg
57KB, 300x400px
Anybody smelled this? I really enjoy it
>>
>>12116151
Body odour
>>
>>12116151
TF plum japonais
>>
Where does one go to smell specific notes

>smelling tonka bean
>smelling vetiver etc.
>>
>>12116786
buy the essential oils
>>
>>12116489
>>12116602
I dig Royal Oud most of my seven Creeds, and I prefer Original Vetiver over Green Irish Tweed although both are Springtime essentials. Aventus is Aventus. I feel it is a great scent, but perhaps too tryhard and now too common for casual use. I save it for indoor evenings and weekends.
>>
>>12116489
Royal Oud
>>
>>12110678
>jeke

not sure so sure about this...
>>
File: 1473027637877.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473027637877.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>>12115696
>>12115837
>>12116074
>>12116135
thanks anons!
>>
>>12116811
>>12117128
Royal Oud is amazing. Anyone tried millisime imperial?
>>
>>12117350
MI doesnt last for shit but smells heavenly

salty, fruity freshness
>>
>>12095939
>Spicey and oriental
Check out Journey Man and Epic Man from Amouage. Epic is one of the best scents I ever sampled
>>
For those who fell for the Sauvage meme, Mont Blanc Legend smells almost identical to Sauvage for a way better price. Both scents are synthetic and boring as fuck but girls like it
>>
>>12117365
mont blanc legend = abercrombie and fitch fierce, not sauvage
>>
any hugo boss scents good? bottled #6?
>>
File: montrez-moi egoiste.png (125KB, 445x312px) Image search: [Google]
montrez-moi egoiste.png
125KB, 445x312px
brehs...
>>
Got CH men prive couple days back
Opens with a grapefruity sweetness that dries down to something that resembles farenheit. Spicy leather, almost like pencil shavings. Haven't had a chance to wear it with people around so can't say about compliment factor. To my nose it's just nice, nothing amazing
>>
>>12118160
Right?
>>
Do samples from decantshop come in atomizers?
>>
>>12119098
>could you look at this web site for me?
>>
File: l'homme.jpg (47KB, 840x1172px) Image search: [Google]
l'homme.jpg
47KB, 840x1172px
who /L'HOMME/ masterrace here?
>>
>>12119326
I enjoy having my scents last longer than 3 hours, thanks
>>
>>12096108
i wish they had a gallon version of this it breaths strength! and masculinity
>>12112193
your friend fucks
>>12096150
>no zadig et voltaire
stay pleb
>literally sauvage
can you try any harder?
>>12108629
a e s t h e t i c a f
>>
>>12119346
>young boys don't have a taste for subtlety
>he doesn't know that chicks have to get closer to notice it
*sprays shower in a can*
>>
>>12119359
did you literally not read my post or are you just retarded
>>
just ordered boss bottle #6 did i do well? thinking about getting a creed also
>>
>>12119367
>did you literally not read my post
yes.
>>12119367
>are you just retarded
no.
>>
>>12119326
>flanker of a flanker
>>
>>12116786
Process of elimination
>>
Want recs

Male
Up to 90$
Summer/spring
Casual ware
Like fruit and baking flavours but will go for like the cedarwood
Not too heavy just lasts long
>>
>>12120359
>>12120359
bleu de chanel or le male
>>
>>12121798
Thanks mate
>>
>>12109898
Buy again
>>
>>12116710
so good
>>
>>12116710
last time I smelled this the intensity of the black pepper note literally gave me a headache, does it get less overwhelming over time?
>>
>>12109898
Valentino uomo
>>
Rec for jasmine scent for women?

don't like the bvlgari scents...
>>
Cologne at work, yay or nay?
I'm thinking something with a small sillage like The One.
>>
how do people keep up a fragrance when out for long periods of time? keeping cologne on me while going out sounds autistic as fuck but everything I own barely lasts more then 3 hours
>>
File: Endymion.jpg (156KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Endymion.jpg
156KB, 1000x1250px
What would /fa/ reccommend from Penhaligon's? Recently got a couple of samples as a christmas gift. So far I like Endymion and Juniper Sling. Interested in smelling Lothair next time I swing by
>>
>>12123050
travel atomisers
>>
>>12123036
I do, every day, but I suppose where you work, in what proximity to people, and your business' policy on fragrance would come in to play. For instance, if you worked in a hospital or restuarant, I would say go without. If you work in close proximity to others, I would definitely go lighter on projection/application.
>>
>>12123050
Every day. It helps to make work more enjoyable and gives me confidence that I smell pleasant (it's a physical job in a place with hot summers). Some workplace types (hospitals, restaurants) are more likely to have fragrance policies, but for general office work scent is standard.

>>12123050
Buy longer lasting fragrances or fill up a few small plastic travel sprays from your library and accept that you are Cologne Guy.

>>12122814
Mugler Alien
Annick Goutal Le jasmin
Serge Lutens A La Nuit
Montale Full Jasmine
>>
>>12123050
Try moisturizing skin prior to application, and getting some on your hair/clothes. Bear in mind some fragrances will stain some fabrics.
>>
>>12123143
thx anon, noted and will definitely check out
>>
I went with the meme Aventus.
I've gotten nothing but compliments, I have to say.
>>
>>12123252
Memes exist for a reason
>>
File: chergui.jpg (283KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
chergui.jpg
283KB, 1024x768px
just blind bought this how fucked am i
>>
>>12123487
Hope it's cold where you live.
>>
>>12123487
it's gorgeous. look into fille en aigulles too. actually hell, look into a whole load of serge lutens desu, some of my favourite fragrances ever
>>
>>12123115
I liked Opus 1870
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (441KB, 2148x1208px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
441KB, 2148x1208px
you can criticise that frag for being extra normie i just got it and it smells amazing

anyone here has the same ?
>>
Something with notes similar to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather? I love the smell but I'm not sure if it's worth the $300 risk for something that I may get sick of, or find too overpowering. I can understand if something similar doesn't exist however, I know there is a price point of $xxx for a reason
>>
>>12123890
fortunately i only ordered a 5 ml vial sample being the jew, i don't like it to say the least

fuck you Jeremy
>>
>>12123932
Rasasi La Yuqawam. You won't belive how fucking magnificent this juice is. Not exactly a cheap copy, but still, much cheaper, while still smelling expencive. And close to the original. Have it, it's 10/10 for me
>>
>>12123890
His frag is amazing and I get a lot of compliments on it
>>
Looking for a good winter date fragrance (20/Male)
Currently considering:
Midnight in Paris
Bvlgari MiB
CH Men Prive
& Meharees L`Erbolario

Any opinions on which one to go for?
>>
>>12093943
>>12124460
>>
>>12124044
Seconding LYpH. I actually prefer it to TL.
>>
>>12124330
Bvlgari MiB is trash.
I like CH Prive most.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.