[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guide buying a Swiss watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2126.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2126.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
Most watches will give you accurate time, however few fall in to the category of a true luхury timepiece. Watch connoisseurs will agree that a true luхury watch should withstand the test of time, both in style and craftsmanship.http://www.fashionwaylab.com/guide-to-вuying-a-swiss-luхury-watch/
>>
>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.
>>
>>12093762
>the year of out lord twenty hundred and seventeen
>still rei posting
>>
>>12093762
Go back to Dumfucastian you metrosexual loser!
>>
>>12093754
404 dead link! Useless post
>>
>>12093754
This is pointless

Buy Rolex if you don't know anything about watches. If you can't afford Rolex buy omega speedmaster professional. If you can't afford that then don't get into fucking watches

There you go, a beginner guide to watches. Mods please sticky this
>>
>>12094027
Or... Buy what you like and is within your reasonable budget. Who fraking cares what anyone else thinks. If you appreciate a mechanical movement, save up for one you can afford. If not, get a good quartz watch that fits your asthetic. Just avoid replicas that don't fool most people, over designed fashion watches, fugly gold and diamond incrusted pimp tier bling, and stay away from the cheap Walmart level chink garbage.

99% of people won't even notice what kind of watch your are wearing, and could care less if it's a Rolex or a Timex.
>>
File: ro.png (1001KB, 732x631px) Image search: [Google]
ro.png
1001KB, 732x631px
motherfuckers need to step up around here, tired of looking at garbage all day
>>
>>12094224
feel free to wear whatever you want, but realize that you are showcasing your knowledge or lackthereof by the watch you wear to those in the know.

You demean "cheap Walmart level chink garbage" but don't realize that to most people with even a passing interest in watches, almost any watch below around $3k falls into that category.

If you disagree then you probably don't know as much about watches as you think. Sorry but it's the truth, quality watches are just not accessible to people without a sizeable amount of disposal income.

If you're poor just buy an automatic Seiko 5 and no one will judge you.
>>
>>12094245
it looks like a cheap invicta desu.
>>
with watches: wear what YOU like. that's all that matters. 99.9% of the people who see your watch 1. won't notice it, and 2. won't have a clue how much you paid for it.

The wealthiest people I know wear Seikos.

The kind of douchebag that needs a rolex/ap/patek to demonstrate his/her status in society is classless, tacky, and irrelevant.

Stay away from those types. 99.9% of the time they're posers. 100% of the time they're assholes.
>>
>>12094292

that's because you're a bottom tier pleb who knows nothing about watches
>>
>>12094309
The wealthiest people I know wear smart watches lmao
>>
>>12094274
>but realize that you are showcasing your knowledge or lackthereof by the watch you wear to those in the know.

Most of "those in the know" should also recognize when a watch isn't a statement.

>Sorry but it's the truth, quality watches are just not accessible to people without a sizeable amount of disposal income.

Lol you are talking like buying a watch is like buying a house on the beach. A quality watch costs 5-15k, that's same as buying a 5-year-old sedan.
>>
>>12094843
not him but still looks like a cheap invicta or shturhling or whatever
>>
>>12094245
Did you ask the store clerk if you are allowed to take a pic?
>>
File: pp.png (1MB, 545x978px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
1MB, 545x978px
>>12095171

why wouldn't I be, it's my watch
>>
>>12093754
>a true luхury watch should withstand the test of time

Many of the most expensive watches require you to send them back every five or so years for maintenance.
>>
>>12095141
Not that anon but you're so fucking poor. Silence yourself and be insecure elsewhere.
>>
>>12095199
you the same kid since 2013 or just a poseur?
https://warosu.org/fa/thread/6268274
>>
File: Snapchat-1280395327.jpg (185KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1280395327.jpg
185KB, 720x1280px
>>12094245
fuck off kike
>>
maybe if you don't know which watch to get you shouldn't get one yet
>>
>>12096015
Blue submariner
>>
>>12094850
desu though.
My family is good friends with some very wealthy people and I usually see them wearing fucking apple watches and moto 360s from target or some shit.
>>
>>12093762
>>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>>MOVING YOUR HAND TO YOUR POCKET TO TAKE YOUR PHONE THEN UNBLOCK THE PHONE TO LOOK AT THE TIME THEN PUTTING YOUR PHONE IN YOUR POCKET AGAIN
>>"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT"
>>
>>12096118
116619LB
>>
I have Festina Watches and the people like them, they don't give a fuck about the brand, the model is wath they like.
>>
>>12094274

so, will you judge me if we cross paths in the streets? please mr coneisseur enlighten us further with your unneeded flamboyancy. cunt. I need my watch for work, exams and even for when it is so fucking cold I don't want to take out my phone.

seiko 5 my ass, you can showcase yourself out of the window.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.