[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HAVE 500$ to spend on shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
should i buy 1 500$ pair?
2 pairs of 200-300$ shoes?
5 pairs of 100$ shoes?
or 10 pairs of 50-60$ shoes?
pic unrelated
>>
>>12076478
One 500
No joking
>>
Depends on your style desu. 2 pairs of sale rick owens shoes will last you a fuckton longer than one pair of saint laurent will.
>>
1 if you have some shoes already.
>>
I don't have any pairs of shoes. I am trying to get into fashion and street wear so i am looking to redo my whole wardrobe. Also, should i wait until after Christmas to shop for clothes and shoes?
>>
>>12076509
No do it now. Ssense sale.
>>
>>12076514
any good deals in particular on that website
>>
>>12076519
Depends on your style, but check out Common Projects, Raf Simons, Rick Owens to start. See what you like and go from there. also dont buy some stupid shit like geobaskets and expect it to work seamlessly into any wardrobe, it wont.
>>
>>12076509

Sort of agree with >>12076540 but I dont think raf or rick should be first purchases. If you don't have the basics, try CPs (or the many alternative 'minimalist' leather sneakers), USA/UK NBs, Acne. On sale, they should be anywhere between $150 to 250.

Also, look into buying leather shoes (black oxfords if you dont have a pair already), unless of course youre lifestyle doesnt require you to attend formal events. Pediwear has a sale right now with very affordable, very high quality shoes (Trickers, Loake, C&J).

good luck and happy shopping
>>
>>12076509
don't listen to /fa/. They will have you blow 500 bucks on a basic looking shoe that nobody will notice.

You want to get into streetwear because you want to wear nice things and you want to dress in a better alignment with your personality. Figure that out first and go from there. What crowd do you hang out with? IF you're a college kid, nobody is going to give a shit about raf simmons or Gucci and you might as well be wearing wal mart slippers.

Check out inspo threads and blogs for ideas on how you want to dress. Shoes are really something you should buy last, because they clench your fit together. Keep that in mind if you're buying shoes before anything else.

You might as well go buy the basics regardless. Van hi-tops, Adidas Gazelles/superstars and check your local urban thrift stores. There are always great finds for cheap there. Its good to have variety.

Keep an eye out for a nice pair of leather boots. They come in handy more than you would think, but you really don't need to go all out on the brand. Nobody worth knowing will really give a shit.

Save the bulk of your cash and catch the next hyped up shoe drop. Yeezys get a lot of hate here, but they also get a lot of recognition when you're out in public among people who aren't autistic.
>>
>>12077738

>>12077688 here. Yeah you're right. I wasn't really sure where OP was at, but I guess if he doesnt have anything then he should go for the basics: Vans, Adidas etc. But I really urge you not to get things just for street recognition, like Yeezys. If you like them, sure go ahead, but if 500 is a fair amount of money for you, and you spend a large portion of it on a hyped pair of shoes, even if you dont really like them, just for the 'compliments', you will quickly realise that it's just not worth it and the circle jerking gets really old really fast (at least i thought so). True normies won't even really know about hyped shoes, and getting a compliment from a hypebeast about your shoes is like getting a compliment about a pile of mud because some famous caveman endorsed it; either way, not worth it.

Regarding the boots, I think it would depend on the climate.
>>
>>12076509
If you're just getting into fashion, definitely don't blow 500 on 1 pair of shoes.

Your style will change heaps until you find stuff you like etc. I blew 300 when I first started out and outside of the first few months I haven't touched them since.
>>
>>12077738
cancer post
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.