[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too embarrassed to buy nice clothes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2780.jpg (16KB, 213x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2780.jpg
16KB, 213x255px
>tfw too embarrassed to buy nice clothes
>>
cute

CUTE
>>
>>12072041
Quit shitposting tim
>>
you'll feel and look nice

take care of yourself i love you
>>
>>12072083
I'm in the same situation. Due to health problems I went from being super fit and beautiful to a fucking ugly ass skeleton and now when I buy nice clothes I can't even get myself to wear them cause I feel like the extra attention will make people realize how fucking skeletal I am. Plus I lost the genetic lottery and have a fucking giraffe neck. FML.
>>
Is this a legitimate feeling people get? I'm always afraid to buy trendy clothes and dress better because of people noticing
>>
>>12072112
Yes its called shit self esteem. 99% of people on this board have it and 70% of them compensate by spending thousands of dollars on pieces of cloth.
>>
>>12072105
you're still beautiful and i hope you're doing ok. giraffe neck sounds like a genetic lottery win. long necks are graceful.

>>12072112
you're both overthinking this. dressing better is looking better and the only thing people will be noticing is the fact that you're well dressed, if anything.

wear your nice clothes and take pride in your impeccable taste.
>>
>>12072147
No :( I got made fun of a lot in high school for it. Even my mom used to scrunch up her face and mention it. But your kind words did help me knowing there are accepting people out there in this seemingly horrifyingly shallow world. So shallow you can't have friends if you don't constantly brag about your life through social media and jobs turn you down if you have no facebook profile :(
>>
>>12072153
high school is stupid and your mom probably has poor taste in a lot of things.

facebook is shit and i hope you meet better people soon. you're a good person and everything will work out just fine if you stay patient and have a little more faith in yourself.

you can start by wearing the clothes that you want to wear and holding your head up high like the graceful swan you are.

life is beautiful and strange and you're alive to live it.
>>
I wish I could wear a huge thick wool overcoat but you've got to be like 30 to pull it off without looking like a try hard
>>
>>12072112
don't worry about others, most could care less about what you're wearing. you should do whatever makes yourself feel good about doing and not worry about what other people think. you only have one life and it's not to be spent worrying about what others think of you because that's just a waste of time.
>>
>>12072177
..a-are you Jesus?
>>
I'm always scared that people will think "ew you like fashion ? But you don't even talk at all and you don't seem like into a weird hobby, like, stop pretending, creep"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>dress like I'm a successful and confident man
>am literally a broke NEET with no self esteem and massive anxiety
>>
>>12072576
ARE YOU ME?
>>
>>12072576

It's in your eyes man. Hope you can pull off fake confidence, because people around can smell insecurity for a mile.
>>
>>12072623
*by a mile
>>
>>12072623
I probably appear confident as girls approach me on the street but it's the "n-no I don't study, I d-don't have a job, I live with my parents" part that's hard
>>
tfw I want to buy nice clothes but I'm bald so I'm ugly anyways.

Fucking genetics ruined my one chance.
>>
>>12072153
>giraffe neck
>even my mom used to scrunch up her face and mention it

Dude holy shit same

It absolutely fucks up your confidence having your own parents make observations about something like that, but (at least, in my own case) it's something that most people don't notice unless it's pointed out to them. Like, I used to spend massive amounts of time looking for examples of long-necked celebrities that people found attractive (like David Bowie etc.) so I could reassure myself that I wasn't a lost cause. But the thing is, everyone that pointed it out wasn't doing so because they thought it was horrifically unattractive; I just snowballed their comments in my mind to mean that.

I think the reason it's something your mother mentioned, like with mine, is because it's not something that's considered conventionally unattractive. Like your parents are unlikely to point out if you have an ugly nose or if you have bug eyes, but because she might not quite get how insecure people of that age are (especially now) she pointed out something she thought of as unconventional and different, without knowing that you could construe it (like I most definitely did) more negatively than she intended it.

But it is a hard thing to deprogram, that kind of insecurity about a particular feature of your appearance, especially if it came from a source that insecurity isn't supposed to come from (i.e. your family). I definitely still think about how I can hide my neck, when deciding what to wear, despite knowing rationally that it's something nobody really cares about, except me. So I definitely empathize.
>>
>>12072623
If you have to fake it, you'll never make it
>>
>>12072039
You just gave me a whole new fucking perspective on chatting up women. I'm confident as fuck when buying clothes and try everything on while asking a billion questions. I enjoy finding good cops.

You made me wonder why I don't approach women in the same stream of confidence. I'm gonna try applying that now. Thanks anon.

It surprises me the various things people get insecure about on this board that j find insignificant.

Think about it like this: clothes shopping is all about you and you're the star, the diva. You are building a look, almost like customising your online game character. Have fun with it and no one will ever judge you openly. Fuck the haters.
>>
jesus desu you're all so beautiful and i don't want any of you feeling like you can't pull off clothes that'll make you feel beautiful

>>12072652
hating yourself is not a good look for you. you're cute you don't really NEED hair when you're that cute
>>
File: w650.jpg (339KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
w650.jpg
339KB, 650x975px
>>12072818
>confident as fuck
>asking a billion questions
>you're the star, the diva
>customising your online game character
>>
>>12072821
I'm sleepy ok, I'm talk strangely when I'm sleepy.
>>
>>12072818
just don't put them on a pedestral and you will be fine. look what happens when talking to her and listen to her too. And if there is some kind of chemistry, this might develop to siomething. I don't get why guys act like there is some kind of wall seperating them from the girl
>>
>>12072642
Just become George.
>>
>>12072513
Do you seriously care about being accepted by people who talk like that?
The sole fact that you're depicting them in such a negative and unlikeable way suggests that you don't.
>>
>>12072642
you'll meet a nice girl who will support you anyway

don't be ashamed of where you are in life rn. girls are nice but you're more important to yourself. please don't feel ashamed of being a NEET.

you have plenty of time time to grow and get to know yourself.

life is beautiful and everything will be ok
>>
File: amazong.png (228KB, 899x380px) Image search: [Google]
amazong.png
228KB, 899x380px
>>12072039
these are cheap. also really good quality and look awesome!
>>
>>12072941
If you need to buy timbs buy them from the official site, the ones from Amazon are cheaper quality
>>
>>12072950
good call, thinking of buying some soon.
>>
>>12072941
>>12072950
>>12072952
are you guys serious
>>
>>12072966
kanye wears them. timbs are a staple boot. whats not to like?
>>
>>12072970
why are you doing this
>>
>>12072652
You can still easily look good with no hair
>>
>>12072758
Right in the feelerinos

Long head, and my mom pointed that shit out every goddamn day.

I think it helped though because she teased me in a playful way, so when other people try to do it maliciously it doesn't really phase me.
>>
>>12072039
what the fuck does this mean??
how does being shy/insecure cause you to NOT buy clothes THAT YOU LIKE???
>>
>>12074530
its a meme you dip
>>
>>12072105

Having a neck is better than haven't one. I consider long necks elegants (both on men and women)

- I hope your health situation is better than in the past.

- And my engrish is bad.
>>
>>12074565 Here.

* Having a long neck is better than haven't one (or a short one).
>>
>>12072039
ive seen people say similar things like this plenty of times and i still can't comprehend it

i don't want to sound like a SJW

but it's either masculinity so fragile or you're way too scared to go out of your comfort zone.

maybe just insecurity?
wearing nice clothes usually gives me confidence
>>
>>12072576
>tfw you're in a constant limbo of feeling like you're better than everyone and not worth shit
>>
>>12072818
i don't think that method will work well with random women, employees at stores are suppose to act like they want to talk to you and want to help you.
>>
>>12072039
Then what do you want the nice clothes for anyway?
>>
File: 1482460593623.jpg (60KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
1482460593623.jpg
60KB, 510x427px
>>12074577
>but it's either masculinity so fragile or you're way too scared to go out of your comfort zone

are you implying that dressing nice is feminine?
>>
>>12074611
yes being into fashion is seen as feminine by normies
>>
>>12074589
The point is to be myself, be confident and creative like I am in clothes shopping, not exactly copying the way I shop and applying it to pickup.

Today for example, I was working in retail and went from awkward in the morning to very sociable and charismatic at night, met my beautiful friend at break time and she made me so happy from the rapport and chemistry I had with her that I was on a high for a while (honestly meeting beautiful women puts me back in reality for a bit).

Gonna try and do it tomorrow when I go to a singles night at a club (but it's probably full of uggos).
>>
Just embrace your skeleton genetics, thats what I did a long time ago
>>
>>12072039
>>tfw too embarrassed to get a /fa/ haircut
>>
>>12072143
This

This
>>
>>12072039
my dude. do you hang out with people? if you dont, i recommend that you do it more; you'll realise that most people don't give a fuck, and the people who do give a fuck will appreciate your effort. It's not uncool to try, although the word 'cool' implies effortlessness. Give up on being effortlessly cool if it doesn't come to you naturally. Try. At least it's better than not trying in anything in life and ending up as a total nobody with no friends, no memories, no experiences and no life.
>>
>>12072642
>I probably appear confident as girls approach me on the street
FUCKing NORMIE GTFO
>>
>>12072039
>yfw to dumb to meme right
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.