[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to change styles but to what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0193.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I am 25 and my friends tell me I have been dressing the same way since I was 15. Basically a metal band shirt, some jeans, a hoody and some black shoes.

This is how I have always dressed but I want something new...? I don't like how I am now. Women look right past me. I don't feel attractive.

But all the styles for guys these days are so odd to me. Like skinny jeans? Why?

What other styles are there for men? As a example, I really like styles that let me feel protected I guess? I like leather jackets and coats and a lot of pockets. Trapper hats are my favorite kind of hats.

Anyway, anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: 1424417482348.jpg (126KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
1424417482348.jpg
126KB, 500x663px
>>12056219
>As a example, I really like styles that let me feel protected I guess? I like leather jackets and coats and a lot of pockets. Trapper hats are my favorite kind of hats.
workwear sounds like it'd be right up your alley
don't go straight from hoodie to classic menswear (fajncy jackets and suits), or you'll look like an autist
>>
>>12056234
My biggest fear is looking like a autist. Also, I am a black male... does that change anything? Line can I still try this workwear stuff and not look stupid?
>>
man I'll be real with you: you're too old for this board, most here are under 18

check out /r/malefashionadvice, honestly

nothing wrong with metal shirts, keep your style but find better fitting pieces, get a new haircut, have some simple business casual on reserve if needed

just do your own thing
>>
>>12056219
Metal shirts with skinny jeans and vans is in for negroids these days.

>guy who walks around LA everyday
>>
>>12056251
yeah, probably.
I mean, there are more styles for men that are not shit, just lurk some inspo threads on this board and find something you like and think would suit you
try to look for:
>workwear
>slacker
>comfycore
>techwear
>streetwear (real nigga option)
or just anything you like
>>
File: 20130420-215023[1].jpg (135KB, 826x826px) Image search: [Google]
20130420-215023[1].jpg
135KB, 826x826px
>>12056234

I think out of any white style workwear is one a nigger could easily pull off

Good luck
>>
>>12056219
Metal tees are fine every once in a while but invest in some plain tshirts and get some good quality denim while you're at it. Use hoodies for layering if you dont want to let those go. If your shoes are all black vans the I'd suggest looking at other shoes that are all black but have better design, maybe some boots. Have you tried streetwear? It will work since you're black but don't dress like you're in highschool.
>>
>>12056275
Lmao no hes not, theres plenty of 20 somethinfs here. Underage fuccbois please leave
>>
Build a basic wardrobe. Some classic dress shoes, a pair of clean sneakers, boots, jeans, few clean tees, etc.

Lurk more and take inspiration. Don't jump into "meme-core-wave" right now. Especially if you never took interest in clothing,. Maybe after some time here you'll learn enough to know what goes with your flow. Maybe you'll find some style you never thought you could pull off.
>>
File: wool_trousers2.jpg (68KB, 650x938px) Image search: [Google]
wool_trousers2.jpg
68KB, 650x938px
>>12056219
What about business casual? You're about the age where this style doesn't look goofy.
>>
post pic to accurately make out your style
>>
>>12056219
I took me over a minute to figure out what I was looking at in your pic.
>>
>>12056251
You should first invest in a nice pair of leather boots. That will be a good start that will immediately upgrade your entire outfit. Your shoes and hair are often the most important because they are book ends to your outfit. No matter what you wear, if your shoes are ugly, your entire look is ugly, so start with some good boots. And i suggest boots because they seem more in line with your interests.
>>
>>12056296
>hoodies for layering

I need to emphasize this point. Hoodies, imo, generally look awful unless there's something over top of them.
>>
>>12056251
weight? height?
>>
>>12057524
I am 6 feet tall and weigh 190 pounds.
>>
>>12058146
thats a great base
i think if youre not muscular you should lose a few pounds
theres no need to make a pivotal change
just lurk around more (not just here) and take things with a grain of salt, develop your taste and see what you like and dont
a tip is just to feel confident and feel good in what you wear regardless of what you wear
confidence goes such a long way its hard to even articulate but you could be wearing what you could think is hot trash but with confidence everything seems intentional looks good
thats just one of the things i wish i was told when first browsing here
also try not to follow trends or adhere to one style, find your own that may or may not take from pre-existing styles
>>
>>12056511
second this
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.