[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I provide maintenance for Iron Rangers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Iron Ranger.4.jpg (314KB, 740x450px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Ranger.4.jpg
314KB, 740x450px
How do I provide maintenance for Iron Rangers?
>>
>>12036005
burn them faggot
>>
File: tom_cruise_laughing.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tom_cruise_laughing.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>12036027
>>
>>12036027
And then buy these.
>>
>>12036005
don't, they will be even more beautiful without maintenance.
>>
>>12036773
Don't listen to this idiot, unless you want them to last 5 years instead of 15

Just wipe them down everytime there's dirt/salt on them and use mild product (like mink oil) 1-2 times a year to treat the leather.

If you're going to use them for heavy duty stuff, feel free to use obeneuf or or whatever its called, otherwise don't bother with it.
>>
>>12036788
>Don't listen to this idiot
LOL fuck you man
>>
>>12036005
Here is a video from redwing amsterdam on how to maintain your Iron Rangers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rxySqCA9ic

You need to buy redwing products for care. Something cheaper does the trick just the same.
>>
>>12036832
Sorry for calling you an idiot, but it's true that they will fall appart quicker if you don't take care of them. The leather will be super dry and eventually crack. If you're looking for a sweat worn/broken in look, it's still going to happen if you take care of them, but it will take a little longer. The main difference though, is that they won't have cancer and will last you a lifetime.

You don't spend 300$ on a piece of clothing just to let it fall appart within a few years.
>>
>>12036925
>>12037155
This
>>
>>12036005
Wear them every other day (rotate your shoes each day, so they have time to dry out properly), if you get them dirty just brush off the dirt and dust, and only wash them a few times a year (I wash my boots once before winter, once in spring and whenever I get them particularly dirty ) or if you get them really dirty with mud or salt, after you wash them with saddlesoap and letting them dry for a day, use mink oil to moisturize and protect them. Also change the laces every now and again.
>>
Avoid salt, avoid jungles, avoid getting them consistently wet? They're oiled out of the factory so wear them for 6 months, condition them with mink oil, wipe off the excess, leave them to dry out, buff them and use a leather protector if you want. Just wipe the dirt off if you feel the need to. These boots hold up really well, mine are two years old now and show no signs of damage (plenty of wear though). I have the roughouts though, I think they need less care.
>>
>>12036005
check out the care guides on r/goodyearwelt, I'm serious, the only problem is like any subreddit they can be incredibly autistic.

all you really need to do is wipe them down with a damp cloth, wipe them dry then apply a decent leather conditioner once every few months, something like mink oil or venetian shoe cream.
>>
>>12036773
lul
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.