[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0272.jpg (374KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0272.jpg
374KB, 1920x1440px
Can someone please explain to me when vans became supposedly fashionable shoes? Last time I checked they're what all my friends and I wore in middle school and skated in and shit like that. Just last weekend at a party my buddy was wearing some and some black dude came up and was saying how into fashion my friend was and how dope his shoes were. Did I miss something important as to why these shoes have become so cool?
>>
People wear what other people wear and then assume it's fashion because everyone they see is wearing that thing
>>
>>12032541
Yeah you're right. I just don't get how such a kids shoe has become so popular again. Like it's so hard to take people seriously in them for me
>>
I hate old-skools (I agree, they look middle-school-tier), but sk8-his can look all right.
>>
I hate almost all Vans, but when a pair is good, it's really good. I love the tonal stitched leather old skools, the ones WTAPS curates, all white slip ons, and taka hayashi's occasional project. Also cheap and good quality.
>>
>>12032564
Yeah I can't hate all of them, and they usually lasted me a while, i just wish people would stop acting like they're some sort game changing shoe
>>
File: 112250.jpg (107KB, 570x377px) Image search: [Google]
112250.jpg
107KB, 570x377px
>>12032574
i use all black leather vans and they dont even look that much like vans in person if you dont look for a sec they fit well with my fits since they dont have speial features
>>
>>12032537
I grew up in skate/snowboard culture too so I can't really explain from an outside perspective. Probably something about how skate culture went from fringe and counter to mainstream and fused with everyday fashion. Or maybe the more logical explanation is that Vans is just a giant corporation that grew and got stocked in every shoe store in every mall.

>>12032564
I have the newer WTAPS collab and the quality is literally any regular Vans with a WTAPS tag slapped on it. Disappointing as fuck, I fell for the collab meme and I'm not doing it again. I agree that some of them can be good but at the end of the day it's the same sweatshop tier shoe. I mean, I only bike them these days so it's not like quality for their true purpose is a big deal for me.

The only thing that has me hanging on to Vans is I still snowboard and it reminds me of the good old days in the past, but wearing them is slowly dying out for me.
>>
>>12032639
I have these ones too, i like them alot, for some reason alot of people i met confuses them as dress shoes, which to me makes no fucking sense but who cares.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.