[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

H&M "premium quality"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Schermata 2012-09-16 a 20.52.04.png (179KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
Schermata 2012-09-16 a 20.52.04.png
179KB, 640x383px
I know most of you hate H&M and I agree most of it is just cheap fast fashion, however, I have a 40% off code and was wondering if there are brands or specific items on H&M that are good. I am looking at the "Premium Quality" Items right now and was wondering how much that can be trusted
>>
>>12023415
buy a shitty suit if u need 1
>>
>>12023415
buy the plain tees or socks or bags or hats or something
>>
also is &denim good quality?
>>
>>12023476
&denim is fine, I bought $20 pair of jeans that have lasted a year with no issues

the whole "hm is bad quality!" is a meme.
>>
>>12023516
If you have more than one pair of jeans, than they will last long.
>>
>>12023516
No, it's not a meme, they are good for their price.
>>
>>12023516
Adequate enough for you and high quality are two separate metrics.
>>
>>12023539
nobody ANYWHERE HERE is claiming it is high quality. but to call any pair of jeans that stands up to a year of regular use and abuse shit-quality is just not truthful.

people understand they're not finding some parisian handmade selvedge with their 20 bucks
>>
>>12023561
pre much
even h&m and zara arent so garbage that their clothes will fall apart within a few usages
its just a meme propagated by dilettantes who think common projects is the epitome of fashion
>>
Hi I have been working for H&m for a year and can watch this thread if anyone else has any questions

Do not buy the premium stuff. There is really no quality difference other than how the material feels. Construction is still absolute trash.

You should maybe be able to use that 40 percent off buying COS. do that if you can.
>>
>>12023734
what discount do you get as an employee
>>
>>12023734
>There is really no quality difference other than how the material feels
eeeh yes but also no

while in my experience youre right that the construction is the same and they were probably produced in the same indian sweatshop, the materials are not and that makes a significant difference in my opinion

eg their 200 euro suits are 100% cotton or wool, while their 100 euro ones are 60% polyester
their regular ties are pure polyester while their premium ones are silk
and so on
while the choice of materials seems random sometimes too, generally "premium quality" mean better materials and thats worth the additional cost in my opinion, at least I never found silk ties for 20, cotton suits for 150-200, wool or cashmere pullovers for 40 or thick oxford shirts for 25 anywhere else. and considering h&m has sales all year round you can pick all of them up for even less

while the stitching on the wool suit might rip as fast as one the polyester one, only one of these two is worth bringing to a tailor to fix it for me
>>
>>12023516
It is not a meme. Quality is shit, you pay an extra for the design. You can get better quality for less elsewhere.
Or better quality for the same price.
>>
>>12024769
25 percent

>>12024780
Okay sure but this basically doesn't conflict with my point and you have to realize that getting those things at that price means you are supporting something that hurts garment workers. I touch this stuff every day and read the tags. It's all still made in Bangladesh. Spend an extra $40 on your tie so you aren't supporting a company with a terrible labor track record. I only work here because I can't go without a job for even a week or I'll have to drop out of school.
>>
>>12024816
You can't complain about ethics when you're working there and furthering their means more than we customers would ever. And say what you want, but that's just an excuse.
>>
>>12024816
the only problem I had with your post is by saying "dont buy the premium stuff" you implied that its better to buy the regular stuff
its clear now that you didnt mean that
>>
File: 1412775837226.jpg (14KB, 434x470px) Image search: [Google]
1412775837226.jpg
14KB, 434x470px
>>12023458
>buying low quality hats
>>
>>12024823
I'm working to organize the sales workers in a union so we have a bargaining tool to ask them to allow their garment workers to unionize as well.
>>
>>12023415
Trend is their best quality label
Premium Quality is more semi-formal, the quality is better than the cheaper stuff
LOGG is hit or miss
Divided is hit or miss too, but mostly miss
>>
>>12024981
There is actually one higher than trend, which is studio, their supposedly runway rtw quality line. Even that and trend though are rarely well-constructed, their investments are made only in design and material quality.

LOGG is generally bad but I've actually been impressed at some of the qualities of the knits in that line

Divided is literally just trend hopping bullshit but not even dedicated to any one set of trends.

I can upload the images we use to plan departments to show you all the people we rip off some time. It's literally photos of Kanye and Vetements runway shots. I doubt it's legal
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.