[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have always been fascinated by historical fashion, more so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

I have always been fascinated by historical fashion, more so than modern fashion. Not like 20s fedora outfits, but more like antiquity, renaissance, baroque and rococo.

Obviously if I could wear breeches and waistcoat I would, but that would be overly silly.

What are some ways I could include the intricacy of Rococo or Baroque fashion into my outfits without looking like a complete fool?
>>
What is this tekken cosplay shit
>>
Whattup OP

Fashion nerd of 4-5 years here, have gone through a fuckton of designer clothes and styles and recently this is exactly what I've started to settle on, majestic male extravagance, esp. In historic costume.

Lucky for you alot of this shit / elements in this vein have been making a return in fashion as of late.

I would suggest you check out the new Gucci FW15 menswear onwards (both men & women's shows as well as the cruise / prefall collections), John Galliano's work at Maison Margiela (womenswear), some Prada menswear collections in the last couple years, Grace Wales Bonner, Dries Van Noten, and Comme des Garcons Homme Plus FW11 (My favourite for this kinda style, entire collection was based on the idea of decadence throughout various eastern / western cultures), and just alot of womenswear from which you can draw ideas and borrow elements.

Also thrifting / vintage shopping for rich granny-wear is great too. Tons of jewelry and velvet, jacquard, etc. Luxurious fabrics
>>
Also musicians and film / costume design are great for inspiration. Brian Jones was one swag ass motherfucker as were many of his colleagues, wes anderson movies have cool color schemes, david lynch's stuff too

You can position yourself how you see fit and incorporate it subtly for an elevated noble touch to your outfits which I don't think really work unless you have the right look for it and are a styling expert

Or you can just go unapologetically all out gay as fuck extravagant which is what I do except I throw a coat overtop of everything to contain the gay levels and balance it out a bit, like the heavy armor that piccollo and the namekians wear in dbz. Then they take it off and theyre 10x faster and stronger. Thats me when I want to stunt. Yeah

Yeah
>>
>>12003686
When you say "fashion nerd," what does that entail? I mean what have you been reading/watching? I'm curious because you seem to know a thing or two.
>>
File: tumblr_nj2eyhD78m1sdxcyxo1_500.png (699KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj2eyhD78m1sdxcyxo1_500.png
699KB, 500x594px
>>12003694
Thoughts on this fit? Obviously not nearly as extravagant as some of the stuff you're suggesting, but certainly a lot more wearable.
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (4MB, 5152x3864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
4MB, 5152x3864px
Expanding the time period to the late middle ages, I recently finished a pair of crackows. Been thinking about adding some decoration (stitching, cutting, paint, etc.), but I do like the look of the plain leather. Thoughts?
>>
>>12003674
lol
t. Lee main
>>
>>12003807
looks very nice. would you wear it in public?
>>
>>12003641
/cgl/ usually has a thread for male styles, gothic aristocrat and the like, you could get some inspo there.
>>
>>12003914
Yeah, but I want glue some rubber soles on the bottoms before I wear them too regularly. Pavement tears through the leather real quick.
>>
File: Tsar_Nicholas_II_&_King_George_V.jpg (867KB, 2128x3009px) Image search: [Google]
Tsar_Nicholas_II_&_King_George_V.jpg
867KB, 2128x3009px
get a military dress uniform
>>
>>12003641
Neo-Baroque or neo-Rococo might look wild on the right person, provided they were eccentric enough and sort of des Esseintes-ish. It would take some balls and a helluva lot of swagger to pull it off, though. Like, I could picture Jimi Hendrix wearing that coat and looking cool as fuck. But not everybody's Jimi Hendrix.....
>>
I'd say look into what Technotropism and Agentlemandoesnotconga wear for inspiration. Brands like Atelier Boz and Excentrique fall into that sort of aesthetic.
>>
Balmain and Saint Laurent still make shit that looks like that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.