[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend some good cameras for fashion photography /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1559_D500_left.png (461KB, 700x595px) Image search: [Google]
1559_D500_left.png
461KB, 700x595px
Recommend some good cameras for fashion photography /fa/
>>
bump cuz also interested
>>
>>12002856
That company doesn't make cameras
>>
>>12002856
Phase One XF Platform
Hassleblad H6/H5
Nikon D810
>>
hijacking this thread, but whats a good entry dslr camera. I've been reading a ton of reviews but i'd love to hear if any of you have recommendations.
>>
Canon EOS 1DX Mark II
Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L for that vintage 2005 Misshapes NYC look
>>
>>12002856
If you're just an influencer, pretty much any decent mirrorless will take good photos and will let you wifi them straight to your phone for your social media presence.

If you want something more serious, pick whichever Nikon/Canon you can afford and gram some lenses. Both systems have dirt cheap 50mm f/1.8 lenses, which will do most of what you need. You can spend a little more on an 85mm f/1.8 for tighter portraits, and a cheap macro lens for detail shots. All in all, you should be fine with about $1200 of glass new, or just about $800 used. The glass is more important than the body.

>>12002962
Both Nikon and Canon have great entry level options, and some very nice lenses for cheap. Grab whatever body you can get a good deal on, and slap a 50mm f/1.8 on it. Ignore the kit lens. This setup will last you pretty much forever unless you decide you want to be serious about low light action or sports.

Also, /p/
>>
All you spergs with your DSLRs are wrong and you should consider purchasing a digital rangefinder such as a Leica or, if poorfag like me, a Fuji X series
>>
Any film camera recs?
>>
go to /p/ dummy
>>
>>12003211
Nikon is probably the best system for film, as they've never changed their 35mm lens mount. There's always hundreds of lenses on used markets, and some of the best ones are pretty cheap.
For colour film, there is no better camera than the F5. Its metering for colour is amazing, and I swear it seems to autofocus faster than pretty much any current model digital camera I've ever used.
For a walkabout camera, I use an F2 with a 60mm macro lens. It's an all manual camera, but it's built tough and looks pretty.

One thing no one seems to talk about with film is the limitations of having a roll of film in the camera. If you've got iso100 film loaded, you need to get the roll shot before it gets dark or you can't shoot until tomorrow. If you don't finish your iso1600 roll that night, the next day when you go to shoot you'll need to shoot with a tiny aperture, which means you won't be able to blur backgrounds until you finish that roll.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/p/2974335
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.