[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Department Stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: store.jpg (106KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
store.jpg
106KB, 800x481px
Brand new to /fa/ (read the sticky though), wondering about the stigma of department store/mall clothes. Obviously this board focuses on more expensive designer clothes, or at least well known reputable brands, but granted that someone has good fashion sense, how easy do you think it is to pull of a good outfit with cheap clothes? Is a lot of what makes designer expensive just name brand or are there very distinct differences between a $40 pair of jeans and a $200 pair of jeans?
>>
File: 80's cop.jpg (142KB, 340x410px) Image search: [Google]
80's cop.jpg
142KB, 340x410px
Don't even start to get into the "expensive is good" mindset. Most people here just oogle over the expensive shit like Rick Owens and never get it, and the ones who save up to buy an expensive piece are sorely disappointed usually, or never wear it.

In all my time here, I've found that the best outfits are made from stuff you find in thrift stores or even in your own closet. I've had about the same amount of clothes in my wardrobe for the past 3 months, but I've found at least 7 good outfits just by working with what I have.

Designer doesn't equal good
Imagination does though.
>>
>>11997902
true, the difference in quality and fit between Primark and SLP jeans is still massive though
>>
>>11997902
who is this beautiful lady
>>
>>11998278
Know what you mean senpai but that's only true to some extent. I have a few pairs of black skinnies -- H&M, AllSaints, and SLP -- and the H&M jeans actually get the most compliments, I think it's because they're at just the right amount of "worn in".

To everybody but the wearer, overall fit is 90% of the battle. High quality shit might get you the extra 10%, but the difference between good jeans and cheap jeans is MUCH smaller than the difference between a good fit and a bad fit.
>>
>>11998295
>not knowing Heather Locklear
>>
>>11999562
>To everybody but the wearer
that's pretty much the essence of it
if your goal of dressing is looking good to others it can totally be pulled off with mall brands
if you are dressing for yourself nothing beats the comfyness of a $500 cashmere sweater, the confidence boost of a bespoke suit
and the general feeling of superiority interacting with normies that don't even realize that you spent more on your fit then they did on their car
>>
>>11997902
Thrifting only works if you know what your doing. You need to have good fashion sense, know what fits and works with you, and have a ton of time and patience.
>>
>>11997902
this is good advice but it's spelled "ogle"
>THE MORE YOU KNOW

>>11997842
OP, there's not really anything wrong with mall stores if you just want some clothes
the problem is they usually have shit-tier boring cuts and shit-tier fabrics
if you're cool with that, go for it. bottom line is if it fits your body well, wear it
>>
>>11999562
I don't decide on my outfit selection based on compliments
I got more compliments when I wore full American Eagle and A&F than I do now that my clothes all come from designer labels/boutique labels
>>
>>11999603
dude this so much
the thrifting threads here are really cringey cuz most guys buy crap
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.