[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When clothes are more than £500 / $600, what do you look for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: michaelkorsjacketg.png (550KB, 1748x888px) Image search: [Google]
michaelkorsjacketg.png
550KB, 1748x888px
Pic related is £1120 (http://www.houseoffraser co.uk/Michael+Kors+Lambskin+shearling+lining+bomber+jacket/250358073,default,pd.html).

In the fucked, hypothetical world that I bought this, what am I paying for?
>>
>>11982713
You should have really looked at that before buying anon. It looks like something i'd pay £180 for, unless it's of a great material then you're paying for garbage tbqh senpai
>>
>>11982814
thankfully I didn't buy it, was just pissing around with the price settings.

recently I've become terrible at sourcing good places to find designer clothes ,and I need to get into a good spending habit again...
>>
>>11982713

Normie girls' admiration.
>>
>>11982825
michael kors is shit
>>
>>11982844
not keen on paying £1000+ for some 5/10 britbong to say "nice jacket", even if it is good to hear. you think that's all the money is worth?
>>
>>11982847
don't think that was always the case, found some well fitting original michael kors the other week.
>>
>>11982713

Are you stupid? It tells you what you're paying for essentially..

The materials are a big factor because you're essentially wearing two dead animals (one being a baby sheep) and the fact that it's designed by Michael Kors is only likely to boost the price further.
>>
>>11982901
that's true.

what I'm trying to get at is there enough pros to such an expensive piece of clothing that it justifies the price tag?
>>
>>11982931
In general materials and craftsmanship. Interesting cuts and fits. Design elements and quirks you won't find on other garments. The designer's name. Whether or not it's worth it to you is a very personal question. You need to decide it for yourself. If someone tells you a garment is worth $1000 but you yourself don't believe it then what is there to be gained?
>>
I'm thinking of buying a 380 Euro pair of Allen Edmonds

Not that expensive by your standards, maybe, but they'd be more than two times as expensive as the previous most expensive pair of shoes I had bought.

But they look fantastic, they last long (supposedly), they were comfy when I tried them, and I'd be wearing it in an environment where expensive clothes are a way of advertising your past successes in order to attract new clients.
>>
>>11982713
only on suits coats and leather shoes
you look for :
- style
- durability
- versatility

you want to be able to justify it by wearing it often
>>
Resale value.
I'm not a total richfag but I invest in high quality items especially when it comes to leather because it's better worth your money

A recent example - about 4 years back I hop on some Christmas sale and get Prada Chelsea's for $600, about a month back I sold them for $500 (retail for about $700-750)
In effect I spent $100 to rent high quality, great feeling, great looking high end boots for 4 years - and got in return more than a $100 boot could give me.

If you got a limited edition/discontinued item you might even be able to flip it for more than you paid for it - especially if you've got an eye for classics and wear common sizes (L size in coats and jackets, sizes 9-11 in footwear get sold almost instantly).
>>
>>11982713

Exclusivity.

You alone choose what you spend your money on. If you believe it to be worth the outlay then you pay for it. If it makes you happy and you have the money then do it. Fuck what others think
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.