[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been browsing this board for fun on and off for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160916_004952.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_004952.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
I have been browsing this board for fun on and off for about 8 years. The more and more I grow up, the worse and worse I realize it is. Don't ask me why I still visit, maybe it's out of some kind of schadenfreude, I don't know. Nowadays I have a real, white-collar job so just dress biz cas most days.

This is clearly one of the worst boards on this wretched website. Easily the most insecure. It's full of teenage boys who need validation from strangers from everything to their phone homescreen to their music tastes to whether or not they should pinroll their pants. Do you seriously need the confirmation of strangers on whether or not you should buy some cheap sweater or not?

I understand coming here for inspiration, but most of you just come here out of insecurity and because you are incapable of making up your own mind.

The waywt threads are mostly full of either clueless teenagers or morons who think wearing edgy clothes somehow makes their boring personalities a little more interesting.

So, for some parting words: To most of you, please leave this board. Learn to make up your own mind about what to wear. If you need the internet to do that for you, then well you were hopeless to begin with. I genuinely hope you all make something of yourselves, but only you can do that. You don't need validation from the internet about which "colorway" of sneakers you should buy. Get what you like. People appreciate self-confidence, and that's something you can't find online.

I wish you all the best, even though I know most of you are probably hopeless.
>>
Are you leaving? One day, probably soon, I'll probably close my /fa/ tab and not come back. Problem is there's no alive imageboard/BBS that is both not retarded and accepting of some brands and styles I like.
>>
File: IMG_4722.jpg (494KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4722.jpg
494KB, 1080x1920px
>>11962858
I've been here less than a month and I've realized this. I'm just watching for amusement a bit longer before moving on. Came looking for fashion inspo, I'm not finding much anywhere right now. This definitely isn't a place for good fashion inspiration.
>>
Is dealing and validating personal insecurities in a generally anonymous setting necessarily a negative though. People are naturally esteem seeking, so for many anonymous validation can help bolster self-confidence, as well as prevent critical fashion fallacies a result of ignorance. I understand that this board is rife with garbage cringe-core, but compared to R/streetwear, the Knowledge of FA members continues to be far superior. Individuals just have to not be autistic and get sucked in by the toxic negativity of the site.
>>
>>11962858
yeah mate you're totally right, but somehow there is no other place to discuss fashion. I mean, you can read vogue and shit, but on the first place, I cannot really stand the way they describe pieces (I mean for fuck sake, I don't really care if a designer was spending his life on chasing sheep, they clearly haven't found out the way post-structural "ilye horse texto" works) and I feel really awful when I cannot discuss with others.

Anyone got any proposition for alternative? Maybe you, fucking XXI century Goethe?
>>
>>11962868
It's an even worse place for advice. My problem with it is there aren't even a lot of fun posters. Just absolute idiots with no mind of their own who let this site dictate their fashion sense.
>>
Suggestions for alternatives, especially for people just getting into fashion?

I like the Rick, CdG and Yohji looks and I'm sure others do too but practical advice on how to try similar looks or put together a basic wardrobe with less expensive fill pieces is lacking. I look at the waywt threads and just mostly see really average stuff, not fashion forward.
>>
>>11962916
u dont need an 4chan certified infograph to dress urself just follow some half decent fashion/lifestyle blogs on tumblr

maybe lurk sz but dont get too engrossed in it coz its a circlejerk of precocious hacks who think too much about fashion

thats really it just buy nice clothes dont be one of the people who are ""into"" fashion its corny af and not a hobby
>>
>>11962858
>I have the moral high ground
>I'm right

Weird assumptions to make dude, especially considering your statement is entirely self-invalidating.

Take the site how you will, the reason it seems there are loads of insecure teens is because theyre insecure and so inherently will post more, duh.

This is a pointless post and one that we see every few days by some guy who claims to have "been on /fa/ for his while life!!!!'
>>
>>11962858
trust me as someone who has been on fashion forums for a really long ass time, it doesn't really get better. just different. i don't come here daily, like many of you probably. just sometimes.
but every fashion discussion online is a lot of guys who don't really into fashion, dickride the same shit, make fun of something that doesn't even really exist (i.e. #menswear) until it becomes mainstream enough, then dickride that. but theres still gems here and there, and this place at least doesn't hold onto the same shitty stuff forever like other places. or anyway what /fa/ holds onto is vague enough that i can enjoy it, sometimes, rarely.
>>
>>11962916
>but practical advice on how to try similar looks or put together a basic wardrobe with less expensive fill pieces is lacking.
That's because you can't.

>>11963012
Ever notice how no one who is actually fashionable and good looking follows "fashion forums"?
>>
>>11962942
>thats really it just buy nice clothes dont be one of the people who are ""into"" fashion its corny af and not a hobby
This tbqh
>>
>>11962858
Congrats, only took you 8 years.
>>
File: personally.jpg (238KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
personally.jpg
238KB, 1500x1500px
>>11962916
Take inspiration from anime and video games. I'm going with pic related
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.