[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me premium denim is a thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: denim.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
denim.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
Explain how it is different than a $50 pair of jeans

Also I keep hearing this:
Your never supposed to wash Denim !
Your never supposed to put Denim in a dryer !
>>
>>11960652

Generally it is made on a loom that is operated differently and requires more human input and creates a thicker material, so production costs are increased. The thicker more durable material lasts longer.

Some brands also produce much nicer cuts that put emphasis in different places e.g.compare APC denim with Nudie and April77

There are also some differences in the raw materials but this differs so wildly from company to company.
>>
>>11960661

You could also make the case that some of the stitching styles are more durable but again that varies. Generally cheap denim doesn't use heavy chainstitching
>>
Alright so the biggest question of them all: 511 or 501?
>>
>>11960663
I have never had a stitching problem with any pair of jeans I have bought. Most last 4-5 years with washing and drying before getting any holes

Just seems to me if you are spending over $50 for a pair of jeans you are buying into a meme
>>
>>11960666

New Standard
>>
>>11960676

To reiterate, reasons why you might buy premium denim

>The cut - it looks much nicer
>better material
>more ethical
>objectively more durable

Reasons you might not

>Cost
>disinterest

Your personal needs may differ from others and your results may vary. If you have say 20 pairs of cheap jeans, they are going to last much longer than say for example someone else who has 2 pairs of cheap jeans.
>>
I own a pair of H&M Slim and Levi's 511's

I don't wash them unless they actually get stained / dirty, but I wash and dry them regularly with the rest of my clothes, nothing bad yet.

After a year of use they're still holding up just as well as if I bought them, I haven't owned a pair of something like APC, N&F, or balmain but I haven't felt the need to
>>
better material, more variation (thicker weaving or lighter weaving or interesting material blends for example).
Possibly greater variation of cuts.

>not washing and drying
that would apply to raw demin, as washing results in undesirable patterns on your pants. same with drying.
Furthermore, both put additional physical strain on the demin that is far greater than the strain from actual everyday wear.

I rarely machine wash my Cheap Monday 50eur jeans. As with my raw denim, I just soak them with detergent in the tub and do some slight agitating.
>>
Premium denim users will of course say the quality is higher and worth it.

I guess it depends what you mean by quality

Mercedes owners say their cars are better than Toyotas, but the reliability stats don't back that up in any way.
>>
you pay forinteresting washes/treatments and a better fit since jeans are harder to tailor after the fact due to the heavy material
quality goes up to a point and then kinda reaches a cap

I own a pair of levis and they fit awkwardly despite being my size in all measurements
they stain easily and fade easily

I own a pair of Balmain biker jeans (cheap on a whim) and they're so much more durable, substantial, and fit better

I own several pairs of Devoa jeans because they fit fucking perfectly. The cuts are so nice. Devoa is a bit of an outlier because anatomic fit is what Nishida goes for in his designs.

I used to give no shits about jeans until I started trying nice ones and now I'm sold
>>
>>11960652
look mate, denim is a really complicated thing ok? True denim conneseuirs these days want to know where the cotton comes from (north carolina? zimbabwe?), because certain regions produce better cotton. they want to know what the dye process is. some dye processes yield better indigo color that doesnt fade as fast. the exact weight is also really important. how they are stitiched is important, and definitely whether they are selvedge or not, is an important detail. All of these are determining factors in the quality of a pair of jeans. volumes could be written on the ins and outs of jean manufacturing. putting clothes in the dryer breaks down the fabric faster. if you spend $250 - $300 on a pair of great quality jeans, you want them to last. you want to take care of them.
>>
File: premium-denim.png (730KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
premium-denim.png
730KB, 900x616px
My premium denim fits like a glove, the quality is way off the charts, I see people admiring the fit constantly.

Picture related.
>>
>>11960652
Organic cotton, made in Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, workers payed a living wage and have rights. Obviously not all premium jeans stick to these, and there are other reasons to get premium jeans, but at least you know your jeans weren't made by some poor fucking kid in Vietnam
>>
>>11960652
Premium denim stains everything.
You leave mark everywhere.
So Alpha. So effay.
>>
>>11960652
i never wash my pants. but i am also a dirty crust punk
>>
>>11960652
It's a status symbol, not a fashion statement. You can get any combination of comfort and style with a pair of Levis and a modest time investment. If you want to get them fitted, an irregular color, and specific cut, sometimes it could be worth it to drop the extra dough. People take special care of those pants because they're expensive.

Very few people will comment on how you take care of normal jeans, and you don't really want to talk to those people anyway.

A big part of what makes jeans look good is that they're casual. If you put too much effort into it, they lose that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.