/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Effay Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1478462275392.png (907KB, 776x552px) Image search: [Google]
1478462275392.png
907KB, 776x552px
/fa/ anime/cartoons/movies/shows?

Starting with the world renowned fashion mangu, JoJo.
>>
>inb4 some emo faggot mentions Punpun or Evangelion because he fell for the depression meme
>>
>inb4 some techwear fag mentions Sidonia/GitS/Akira in a ridiculously misguided attempt to promote techwear
>>
So is Jojo to whites what Jordan is to blacks?
>>
Punpun and eva
>>
>>11948321
Not really.
JoJo is an excuse for /cgl/ fujos to read highly homoerotic material without the guilt that goes with reading straight-up Yaoi.

It also appeals to the same crowd that likes Homestuck, Invader Zim, MLP, Adventure Time and Undertale: awkward nerds who always had an interest for millenal emo scene aesthetics (really garish neon colors, sugary childish aesthetics and queer sexuality) but never had the balls to go full scenekid in the 2000s when it was still trendy, and as a result never went through the self-questioning phase that's necessary to grow out of these things.

JoJo isn't bad by any means, but what I mean is that it doesn't have a black equivalent. The recent fascination for it is mostly a side-effect of the whole braindead cutesy pop punk brat craze of the mid-2000s.

Maybe 10 years down the road, all the dumb black kids who listen to Tyler the Creator and Lil Yachty right now will be obsessed by some Taiwanese puppet show that reminds them of those fags.
>>
>>11948337
Jojo is absolutely filled to the brim with actual real fashion references though
Ranging from names of characters to haircuts taken straight from iconic runway shows.
I don't think these kinda shit fucking threads have any place in this board but Araki is a huge fucking nerd when it comes to fashion
>>
>>11948345
I never said the opposite, I'm detailing the cultural phenomenon that surrounds it and the interests of its fandom.

JoJo is primarily a product of the 80s and 90s anyway, it has no relation to what its fandom likes; they just latched onto it because "oooh! shirtless men and bright loud colors!!!!"
>>
>>11948337
It sounds like you haven't read Jojo
>>
File: 1478455188264.jpg (236KB, 1130x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1478455188264.jpg
236KB, 1130x1370px
>>11948363
Perhaps your homophobia stops you from enjoying an otherwise great piece of media, fearing it and reducing it to muhh shirtless men and colors.

Suck a dick.
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 640x921px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 640x921px
>>11948337
>It also appeals to the same crowd that likes Homestuck, Invader Zim, MLP, Adventure Time and Undertale
>The recent fascination for it is mostly a side-effect of the whole braindead cutesy pop punk brat craze of the mid-2000s.

Jojo is a lot of things, but sugary/childish is not one of them.

I really don't think you know anything about the series at all, and to hear you spout all this this as if it's fact hurts me.
>>
>but never had the balls to go full scenekid in the 2000s when it was still trendy
Spoken like a true king of jelly bracelets
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>11948345
It goes beyond that, Araki has literally collaborated with Gucci before.
>>
File: 1432096448934.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1432096448934.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>11948337
This is the dumbest and most incorrect post I've seen all day and the funny thing is you tried to be pretentious thinking you were right when nothing you said was true.
>>
>>11948337
*leans into mic*
Wrong
>>
>>11948537
>>11948896
>>11948503
It sounds like you haven't read my posts.

JoJo has only two things in common with its fanbase's interests: bright garish colors, and homoeroticism. But it's enough for them to latch onto it.

>>11948910
>>11948968

Actually it's correct, fellow furfags
>>
>>11948289
Dorian Grey, Ego and Its Own and Mishima obvs.
>>
File: 1453694023119.jpg (108KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453694023119.jpg
108KB, 355x500px
>>11948992
Most people latch onto it because it's popular/hyped and yields many memes. I don't know if the way it's colored is going to make that much of a difference to your average anime normie. I don't think they'd separate it from Mob Psycho 100, or even Keijo. Its homoeroticism is also counted as a meme unless you're a tumblr fujo. I don't know why these concepts are somehow connected with Homestuck and Adventure Time in any way. It also has nothing to do with /cgl/ other than the cosplay threads. (also >implying that /cgl/ feels guilt about reading yaoi)

Another thing: why bring up the fanbase in a thread that's just supposed to be documenting different /fa/ anime?
>>
>>11948992
>damage control

you really aren't funny btw
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.