[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investment Pieces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: focus_invest_end_041116_blog_2.jpg (63KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
focus_invest_end_041116_blog_2.jpg
63KB, 700x800px
http://www.endclothing.com/blog/the-focus-the-investment-piece/

>A wardrobe truly worth investing in is a wardrobe you’ll covet not just this year, but for the next decade or longer.

Was reading this earlier, what does /fa/ think of this statement? What is an "investment piece" to you?
>>
>>11940619
Yeah you should invest in core items , this is common sense.
What a shit thread
>>
I feel like an investment piece isn't a item you'll buy on a hype. It's a item you'll buy not for today, not to flex on strangers, not to impress your peers but an item you'll wear now and in the future.

An item made of high quality materials, with high quality stitchwork and designed by someone who's ideas you feel like you can relate to.

It's the difference between a fast fashion pleather perfecto jacket compared to a high fashion leather perfecto jacket. It's the difference between a Reigning Champ hoodie and a Bonds hoodie. A plain white tee from the supermarket and a plain white tee from, let's say a store like Incu.

The quality of the item is priority as well as how versatile it is.

Of course you can own 6 bogos however if you're living in a place where it's primarily winter would you really want to wear them under your sweater/jacket/coat as opposed to an icebreaker merino shirt?
>>
The only thing worth investing is bespoke suits. Or custom leather jackets. Or bespoke shoes.
>>
>>11940635

When I first started getting into fashion I spent way too much on mall-core stuff. I wish I learned the concept of buying something good every now again as opposed to just cheap shit
>>
File: tumblr_nq8q1mMTfw1qbcjkvo6_1280.jpg (128KB, 674x952px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq8q1mMTfw1qbcjkvo6_1280.jpg
128KB, 674x952px
an investment piece a suit,shirt,dress shoes etc
>>
>>11940619
There is weight in the term, there's the whole Parisian wardrobe thing and IMO quality jackets and footwear look great and last a while. But I feel like it's been spouted around more these days everywhere to make you buy more.

>'this is the last jacket you'll ever need'
>'these boots will develop a beautiful patina over time'
>'our tshirts wear better with age'

We get all these guides to minimialism etc but the target demographic (us) is only getting into fashion, and we probably don't really know what we want in the end. That comes with trial and error which is why I feel buying mallcore stuff at the start of getitng into fashion is fine.

I was memed into the whole raw denim phase and bought a number of jeans before I found one that I liked best. I had to order online because noone in my country stocked any, it was pretty expensive
>>
As I get older and start dressing more like an adult the moreokI am with spending money on quality items on things like wool trousers, sturdy shoes and good jackets.

Then again, I'm really into the whole 'scandinavian minimalism' thing, if you're 17 or you're into the whole streetwear scene then this is probably a really dumb idea,considering how reliant that area of clothing is on trends.
>>
>>11940619
Outwear yes. It's acceptable to get a very nice and expensive leather jacket or overcoat.

But spending money on a fucking sweater or umbrella? HELL FUCKING NO. Especially not from Thom Browne, fucking garbage with criminally insane overpricing. And all for just a sweater that you can get at target for 99.9% cheaper.
>>
The only 'investment' piece I can say I have is a YSL long coat for the fall, winter and spring. Think I paid close to $3,500 for it or something.
>>
>>11940785
lol at not buying second hand from grailed
>>
>>11940755
Yeah sure have fun wearing your expensive designer coat over autism-core sweaters from Wal-Mart
>>
>>11940755
spending money on a high quality umbrella is totally worth it. Excellent craftsmanship and functionality. You are just pleb level unless you start upgrading all aspects of your life
>>
>>11940742
>scandinavian minimalism' thing

On /fa/ it's called cuckcore
>>
>>11940619
All clothes are vestment pieces.
>>
>>11940931
Umbrellas are the one thing I tend to lose most, right after gloves and hats.
>>
File: DrStrangelove060Pyxurz.jpg (116KB, 1600x1102px) Image search: [Google]
DrStrangelove060Pyxurz.jpg
116KB, 1600x1102px
>a clothing retailer advising you to spend more money on an "investment piece"
>all of the options they list are overpriced ~luxury~ brands that they probably earn the most profit on
>>
>>11941190

In your mom's bedroom it's called clothing that is usually left on the floor
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.