[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I was wearing a suit to work today, we had a meeting with a client and it's regularly expected of us.

But I also had a meeting with an older smug guy from a different office similar to ours, and he said I was being "put in a mold" and he can go to the office in jeans and shorts and all his clients know it's fine, but we have to wear suits every day. He basically skirted around calling me a tool.

I've always said "it's just a uniform" and that I have to wear suits for the job, but recently I've started to feel differently about them.
Suits change the way people look and talk to me, and they change the way I feel too. Also I look good in them. I like wearing them.

Should I have told him off, /fa/? I tried to use the "it's just a uniform" excuse but I regret it now. I shouldn't have tried to explain myself, I was doing nothing wrong. If anyone was dressed inappropriately for the setting, it was him.
>>
fit
fuccboi
>>
>>11898390
If you like them, then stay content in that
>>
>>11898390
Dude let it go...
>>
yo, what kind of shoes are those?
>>
>>11898390
When people talk down to you all you have to do is talk down to them so they see they're being a cunt.

Don't be so insecure.
>>
>>11899188
A pretty beaten up pair of two-buckle monks.
>>
>>11898390
lmao who the fuck cares what he thinks
you do you
>>
>>11899276
they actually kind of look alright like that. obv. better new.
>>
Hes right though. Who arbitrarily decided that a suit is the standard dress for the office or when meeting with clients? Same argument as dressing up kids in blazers and waistcoats for school; people learn and work better when theyre comfortable. Theres no point in having an artificial unwritten rule that says every businessman must wear a suit. If you like it thats fine, but dont look down on others for wanting to dress comfortably.
>>
>>11899652
Read a history book.
>>
>>11900188
link?
>>
>>11898390
He was a cunt cauz you'll soon take his job :^)
>>
>>11898390
>I tried to use the "it's just a uniform" excuse but I regret it now. I shouldn't have tried to explain myself, I was doing nothing wrong.
Let me guess. You live in the US, right?

I work as a chemical engineer in an office environment. Engineers never wear suits, but the people in the legal and sales department are always in suits. So I just wear them, because you can't be overdressed just underdressed.

Even though I'm a junior engineer, when our boss comes to our department, he always talks to me and takes me along his presentations so I can explain the technical aspects if there are questions. It's not because I'm the best, but just look better than my immediate superior, a fat slob in striped polo's and sandals.
>>
>>11900509
>because you can't be overdressed just underdressed.
Well, not everybody is a chemical engineer in an office environment.
>>
>>11900509
The presentations are mostly in foreign countries, that means I get a free trip for a week, while doing nothing at all.
I'm also in sight of leading a new project that's coming on, just because I was there when we signed on a new client.

Moral: just look a bit more professional than your immediate co-workers, people who don't know you will immediate trust you better and think you're the go-to guy
>>
>>11898390
you should have met him in the back lot and bashed his head in op
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.